Sign in to follow this  
YorkshirePudding

Match thread vs Liverpool

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="jaemae2"]JESUS F''ING CHRIST RUSSELL MARTIN... My god.[/quote]why didn''t Bassong make the challenge 20 yards further out?[/quote]

Because he had to chase 50 yards across the field after Russell Martin got beat in the air to even get close to Henderson? Maybe that?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="jaemae2"]JESUS F''ING CHRIST RUSSELL MARTIN... My god.[/quote]why didn''t Bassong make the challenge 20 yards further out?[/quote]

Because he had to chase 50 yards across the field after Russell Martin got beat in the air to even get close to Henderson? Maybe that?

No - that all came from our attack. Desparate defending. One new CB not enough, we prob need another. Woeful defending. However, have to say we have been awesome going forward. More goals in this. Apparently 6 shots on target 6 goals... hmm!

[quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="jaemae2"]My god, Martin an Pinto on that Henderson goal. Pathetic.[/quote]give over! Martin was marking his man.. should he have left him and allowed him to score then?what should he have done?There equaliser was Bassongs fault.. where was the challenge?[/quote]

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA wow...[/quote]why didn''t Bassong make the challenge 20 yards further out?

[quote user="norfolkngood"]Russell martin there caught half way then didn''t get back to cover bassong who had moved over to cover him

klose would have been better even with two legs tied together[/quote]

Seriously how any idiot is blaming Bassong there is amazing. Dude had to chase all the way across the field to even barely come close to him was something.

Disagree thecanaryfan, pinto was overloaded on that side, the blame for that goal lies with the central defenders not tracking and disappearing somewhere. It was telling that Brady was actually closest to making a challenge when he shot...

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="jaemae2"]My god, Martin an Pinto on that Henderson goal. Pathetic.[/quote]give over! Martin was marking his man.. should he have left him and allowed him to score then?what should he have done?There equaliser was Bassongs fault.. where was the challenge?[/quote]

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA wow...[/quote]why didn''t Bassong make the challenge 20 yards further out?[/quote]

I already answered you champ.

[quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="jaemae2"]JESUS F''ING CHRIST RUSSELL MARTIN... My god.[/quote]why didn''t Bassong make the challenge 20 yards further out?[/quote]

Because he had to chase 50 yards across the field after Russell Martin got beat in the air to even get close to Henderson? Maybe that?[/quote]

then where was Pinto? Bassong had to go to the right back position because Pinto was nowhere to be seen... we concede goals as a team. if we''d won the ball higher up it would still be 3-2.Heres one for you.. Why does Alex Neil continue to pick Martin?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="jaemae2"]JESUS F''ING CHRIST RUSSELL MARTIN... My god.[/quote]why didn''t Bassong make the challenge 20 yards further out?[/quote]

Because he had to chase 50 yards across the field after Russell Martin got beat in the air to even get close to Henderson? Maybe that?[/quote]

then where was Pinto? Bassong had to go to the right back position because Pinto was nowhere to be seen... we concede goals as a team. if we''d won the ball higher up it would still be 3-2.Heres one for you.. Why does Alex Neil continue to pick Martin?[/quote]Because Neil is proving to be a bit of a chump - now we witness the wrong substitutions at the wrong time.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="jaemae2"]JESUS F''ING CHRIST RUSSELL MARTIN... My god.[/quote]why didn''t Bassong make the challenge 20 yards further out?[/quote]

then where was Pinto? Bassong had to go to the right back position because Pinto was nowhere to be seen... we concede goals as a team. if we''d won the ball higher up it would still be 3-2.Heres one for you.. Why does Alex Neil continue to pick Martin?[/quote]

Pinto was terrible on that goal too. Martin got exposed losing the header than looked like a lame horse about to be taken out back and shot while trying to get back into position.

Our lack of a DM today has hurt us IMO, we''re missing Tettey

FML!

Go 3-1 up then forget how to defend. Liverpool haven''t even done anything spectacular, we''ve just opened our legs and invited them in!

I''d back Martin every day of the week, but he''s had an absolute nightmare today - Klose has to start next week, no word of doubt.

So depressing we''ve managed to score 3 goals at home but won''t even be taking a point from the game!

I''m not even a Russell Martin hater, but holy hell this game has been amazingly embarrassing for him. It would be embarrassing for a Conference Premier CB. Yikes.

I''ve not had the same ill feeling towards Russ that a lot on here have but this match has to be the final nail in his coffin... Also what''s wrong with the ref?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]now that one WAS Russ Martin''s fault![/quote]

All 3 of the past goals have been too. But keep trying, champ.