Sign in to follow this  
Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . .

To all those who blindly continue to defend Martin cos he's 'one of us'

F**k you. And f**k Alex Neil for giving him chance after chance after chance. He was a mistaken ridden liability in the championship so what did anyone expect in this league!? Russell Martin isn''t a f***** scapegoat. He''s just a s**t defender. End of.

[quote user="Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . ."]I see Ray, Hairy Kenneth etc have gone quiet. Must be racking their brains to come up with ANOTHER excuse for Martin, maybe they''ve finally ran out. Or maybe they''ll just accuse me of SCAPEGOATING............[/quote]

Just shows your understanding because I criticised him on another post. If you''re gonna post crap, then that''s your choice I guess.

[quote user="Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . ."]F**k you. And f**k Alex Neil for giving him chance after chance after chance. He was a mistaken ridden liability in the championship so what did anyone expect in this league!? Russell Martin isn''t a f***** scapegoat. He''s just a s**t defender. End of.[/quote]

Completely agree. Neil''s culpability is worse than Martin. We spent millions on a player yet play Martin who has been abysmal this season at centre back. I''m beginning to think Neil hasnt a clue tactically. 3-1 up should have subbed Hoolahan immediately (he was dead on his feet) and brought on Mulumbu to add strength to midfield. He did nothing and did nit react when it went 3-2. He will cost us our Premership place - out of his depth

[quote user="ron obvious"]Brady & Pinto screwed up.

Go play with the traffic.[/quote]
Yep, the defensive unit as a whole were poor today (obviously, given we conceded 5).
The way I see it though, Brady and Pinto didn''t do their jobs for the goals that were on them. Russell M didn''t just fail to stop a Liverpool attack, he full on created one from absolutely nothing, no danger on the half way line to clean through 1 on 1 in 2 seconds flat. On a scale of f**k ups, Martin''s outranks both the other 2 combined. The fact that it gave them the lead after being 3-1 behind just puts a cherry on that.
He has to go.

[quote user="whistleblower"][quote user="Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . ."]F**k you. And f**k Alex Neil for giving him chance after chance after chance. He was a mistaken ridden liability in the championship so what did anyone expect in this league!? Russell Martin isn''t a f***** scapegoat. He''s just a s**t defender. End of.[/quote]

Completely agree. Neil''s culpability is worse than Martin. We spent millions on a player yet play Martin who has been abysmal this season at centre back. I''m beginning to think Neil hasnt a clue tactically. 3-1 up should have subbed Hoolahan immediately (he was dead on his feet) and brought on Mulumbu to add strength to midfield. He did nothing and did nit react when it went 3-2. He will cost us our Premership place - out of his depth[/quote]
Klose isn''t fit enough to play a full 90. He''s barely kicked a ball for Wolfsburg this season. Bennett''s wife is giving/due to give birth. Not sure how that''s AN''s fault (if it is then we may have some bigger problems!!)

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="whistleblower"][quote user="Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . ."]F**k you. And f**k Alex Neil for giving him chance after chance after chance. He was a mistaken ridden liability in the championship so what did anyone expect in this league!? Russell Martin isn''t a f***** scapegoat. He''s just a s**t defender. End of.[/quote]

Completely agree. Neil''s culpability is worse than Martin. We spent millions on a player yet play Martin who has been abysmal this season at centre back. I''m beginning to think Neil hasnt a clue tactically. 3-1 up should have subbed Hoolahan immediately (he was dead on his feet) and brought on Mulumbu to add strength to midfield. He did nothing and did nit react when it went 3-2. He will cost us our Premership place - out of his depth[/quote]
Klose isn''t fit enough to play a full 90. He''s barely kicked a ball for Wolfsburg this season. Bennett''s wife is giving/due to give birth. Not sure how that''s AN''s fault (if it is then we may have some bigger problems!!)
[/quote]

You are aware we conceded FIVE goals, FOUR of them in the second half when already 3-1 and that isnt the manager''s fault - you really do have your head up his ar*e

Must be his last game after this joke today and same time AN make wrong decisions too often too.

Bennet out of group and Martin centre half is no brain.

[quote user="whistleblower"][quote user="Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . ."]F**k you. And f**k Alex Neil for giving him chance after chance after chance. He was a mistaken ridden liability in the championship so what did anyone expect in this league!? Russell Martin isn''t a f***** scapegoat. He''s just a s**t defender. End of.[/quote]

Completely agree. Neil''s culpability is worse than Martin. We spent millions on a player yet play Martin who has been abysmal this season at centre back. I''m beginning to think Neil hasnt a clue tactically. 3-1 up should have subbed Hoolahan immediately (he was dead on his feet) and brought on Mulumbu to add strength to midfield. He did nothing and did nit react when it went 3-2. He will cost us our Premership place - out of his depth[/quote]Spot on! If Martin defended as impressively as those that defend him then we wouldn''t be seeing all these threads criticising him!The Alex Neil fanboyism is embarassing. His long ball game is cringeworthy and people are starting to wake up to the fact that he''s tactically clueless. NEIL OUT!!!

[quote user="whistleblower"][quote user="kick it off"]
[/quote]

You are aware we conceded FIVE goals, FOUR of them in the second half when already 3-1 and that isnt the manager''s fault - you really do have your head up his ar*e[/quote]
I didn''t say that, think you may need some literacy lessons. I said that Klose not being match-fit and Bennett''s wife giving birth, which were the reasons presumably Martin started, were not Alex Neil''s fault. It was in response to your "AN giving Martin chance after chance" rant, which doesn''t make sense when he had no-one else to play due to circumstances. I said nothing about whether Neil was culpable for some of the shower on the pitch. 

Martin didn''t lose us this game. It was lost by our midfield or, more exactly, by Tettey''s illness and O''Neill''s red card. Has nobody learned anything from pre- and post-Newcastle?

[quote user="westcoastcanary"]Martin didn''t lose us this game. It was lost by our midfield or, more exactly, by Tettey''s illness and O''Neill''s red card. Has nobody learned anything from pre- and post-Newcastle?[/quote]
That''s an interesting viewpoint considering every goal came from defensive mistakes. Tettey and Bennet in the team and we win today imo, and I get what you''re saying, but defence are responsible today, not helped by midfield but not caused by them.

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="whistleblower"][quote user="kick it off"]
[/quote]

You are aware we conceded FIVE goals, FOUR of them in the second half when already 3-1 and that isnt the manager''s fault - you really do have your head up his ar*e[/quote]
I didn''t say that, think you may need some literacy lessons. I said that Klose not being match-fit and Bennett''s wife giving birth, which were the reasons presumably Martin started, were not Alex Neil''s fault. It was in response to your "AN giving Martin chance after chance" rant, which doesn''t make sense when he had no-one else to play due to circumstances. I said nothing about whether Neil was culpable for some of the shower on the pitch. 
[/quote]

FYI - Neil has stated he didn''t play Klose because he didnt want to make too many changes at the back NOT because Klose wasnt match fit. So therefore he could have played him but choose not. He is a tool and so are you

kick it off wrote the following post at 2016-01-23 7:22 PM:

whistleblower wrote:

kick it off wrote:

Klose isn''t fit enough to play a full 90.

I didn''t say that, think you may need some literacy lessons. I said that Klose not being match-fit........

So if Klose is not fit to play 90 mins, and not match fit, why is he on the bench? What would happen with a CB injury in the first minute - is he brought on or not?!

And it''s not about conceding five goals today - that''s fourteen conceded in four games - why pay 8.5 million or thereabouts as reported for a CB who you won''t play because he''s unfit!

Naismith hadn''t played for five weeks.....pray tell me what is the difference?

Who have you found that''s defending Russell Martin?

I submit to you that they don''t exist

Except in your mind

A half fit Klose is better than a fully fit tragic RM. You could hear the gasps of dispair in the pub when the team was annonced today. I''m astounded that it''s plainly obvious that you cannot play RM at centre half.

[quote user="City 2nd"]kick it off wrote the following post at 2016-01-23 7:22 PM:

whistleblower wrote:

kick it off wrote:

Klose isn''t fit enough to play a full 90.

I didn''t say that, think you may need some literacy lessons. I said that Klose not being match-fit........

So if Klose is not fit to play 90 mins, and not match fit, why is he on the bench? What would happen with a CB injury in the first minute - is he brought on or not?!

And it''s not about conceding five goals today - that''s fourteen conceded in four games - why pay 8.5 million or thereabouts as reported for a CB who you won''t play because he''s unfit!

Naismith hadn''t played for five weeks.....pray tell me what is the difference?[/quote]
Who else could he put on the bench with Bennett unavailable due to his wife giving/about give birth?
I see your point, and presumably AN didn''t want to dump Klose in at the deep end, but would have if he had to (ie injury in 1st minute).
I don''t think Klose was bought in specifically for this one game to be fair. I assumed, he was brought in to help us throughout the next 4 months of the season but clearly I was mistaken... I can see your point, why waste 8.5 million on a player you don''t immediately give a debut to after 2 training sessions when you''re already making other changes in the defence?
Naismith played on 28th Dec. Klose 19th Dec was his last game for Wolfsburg. Germany are on winter break. If Klose was fit to play then fair enough, but even so, if he''d played Pinto and Klose, and we''d conceded a few, or one/both had had shockers, AN would''ve been torn to shreds for sticking two players who have had 2 training sessions together on the pitch and hoping for the best. 

Klose claimed that he was match fit, as he was in training with Wolfsburg, ha did not start as may not not have had enough time to gel and with Pinto and Naismith we already had new players. In hindsight he could have started, or could have come in as a third defender while we were still in the lead.