Sign in to follow this  
GPB

Doug Livermore

I noticed Doug was credited with a quote following Lisbie going back to Charlton. That got me thinking about the contribution that Doug makes to the team. Frankly it isn''t particuarly apparent.

We have Worthy who is the Gaffer. Any of us that have witnessed him at Colney (particuarly in the dining hall) realises that he is the man. Steve Foley is undeniably the "character" of the set up; his broad cockney accent and assumption that everyone is called "treacle" gives him a good dressing room presence. Illness aside , Steve is the one on the bench after Worthy who gives the instruction.

So what does Doug do? I''ve seen him pick up the balls after training a few times and he is listed as Assistant Manager. Does he coach? Or scout?

He was at Tottenham when Pleat got sacked. In fact he was appointed caretaker manager but left soon after. He was at Liverpool under Roy Evans in a less than spectacular period in the Reds history (I think they won the Coca Cola Cup), and he has had a few goes with Wales.

But he has never managed. So how can he "assist"? I dont really understand can anyone else help me?

I originally posted this in early October. It didn''t really get must reponse.

Curiously I see this topic has not been heavily covered but

the well regarded Mr Balls , with whom I have great affinity.

Surely now you can see my point Chaps? What DOES Livermore do?

My suggestion is not much.

an assistant manager is supposed to oversee the training the manager sets, and in some cases make reccomendations based on how the player has trained.

they are normally in charge of all the coaches and often the first port of call for the player instead of troubling the manager all the time.

dunno if thats the case with Livermore but i guess it is

jas :)