Sign in to follow this  
funny old game

Redmond

Simple question, what does he give the team at the moment? At thestart of the season he was bright, quick & seemed a threat going forward but not much going the other way (unlike Brady, who is equally effective both ways) now he seems to lack motivation all round, his effort to prevent the cross coming in for the third goal yesterday was shameful, I think his head has been turned & this might be the best & most profitable time to get rid,

[quote user="funny old game"]Simple question, what does he give the team at the moment? At thestart of the season he was bright, quick & seemed a threat going forward but not much going the other way (unlike Brady, who is equally effective both ways) now he seems to lack motivation all round, his effort to prevent the cross coming in for the third goal yesterday was shameful, I think his head has been turned & this might be the best & most profitable time to get rid,[/quote]

If players are unsettled by the transfer window then mentally they are not strong enough to be in the team at all. Also, I do wonder if new arrivals get players thinking about their own position and maybe try too hard to impress and make things worse rather than better - but in a way the same things apply - if they are that fragile they can''t compete well enough in the face of competition for places, they shoudn''t be there in the first place. 

On present form, one of the Murphys would do a better job than Redmond, me thinks, if they can be recalled (have not checked rules).

Redderz looks very much out of form, and has been for quite some time.

[quote user="grefstad"]On present form, one of the Murphys would do a better job than Redmond, me thinks, if they can be recalled (have not checked rules).

Redderz looks very much out of form, and has been for quite some time.[/quote]I would drop Hoolahan and move Redmond to his role.

I''m not convinced Redmond has the skill set to play in that position and he was quite poor against Chelsea when played centrally. I agree that the amount of excellent games Hoolahan has are diminishing and this is why we''re desperately trying to sign Naismith. Neil isn''t a fool.

Redmond´s contract is up on June 30, 2017. So, 18 months left.

Normally, talk about a new contract would be started now, and if redmond does not want to prolong his stay here, it would be normal to put him up for sale in this window, or at the very latest in the summer, to avoid him running his contract down and leaving for nothing.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="grefstad"]On present form, one of the Murphys would do a better job than Redmond, me thinks, if they can be recalled (have not checked rules).

Redderz looks very much out of form, and has been for quite some time.[/quote]I would drop Hoolahan and move Redmond to his role.[/quote]s

Agreed, on top of his game he has the ability to play the 10 roll but in his present form it would represent an enourmous risk, if Hoolahan is to be ''rested'' (another debate) I would like to see Brady as a 10, this may detract in other areas unless Olson & Jarvis can form an understanding

I think Redmond is probably feeling a bit left out, a bit part player. I think he would greatly benefit from an arm round him and being made to feel he is wanted and important.

[quote user="morty"]I think Redmond is probably feeling a bit left out, a bit part player. I think he would greatly benefit from an arm round him and being made to feel he is wanted and important.[/quote]Maybe Redmond is feeling a bit sidelined but it''s up him to up the ante and make himself one of the first names on the teamsheet. I can''t see AN being a touchy-feely '' there there '' type anyway.Redmond must surely know himself that he doesn''t contribute as much as he should. Far too often he drifts in and out of games or never shows up at all and there comes a point where all the skill in the world doesn''t make up for other shortcomings.Interestingly AN said at the fans forum that he thought Redmond was a great player. As the manager he clearly knows far more about him than any of us lot on here and we have to respect that but to laymen like me and many others watching Redmond play is so so frustrating with his inability to find any consistency at all.

creative player hits a period of indifferent form so sell him. Stunning logic & stupidity from our fans there

He (& wes) will come through it and create again - bear with him and he will come good again - it is probably be the summer tournament finally catching up with him rather than him being sh!te.

The reason the manager still plays him is because his form WILL turn at some stage and crucially others have been more inept at creating chance sin Wes & Redmonds absence - they are as equally to blame.

[quote user="morty"]I think Redmond is probably feeling a bit left out, a bit part player. I think he would greatly benefit from an arm round him and being made to feel he is wanted and important.[/quote]

Yes, you may well be right with this.

I also think Redmond is a player that needs a bit of trust, to build confidence. Needs to be nurtured, perhaps more than other players.

He is clearly a confidence player, and when he is off form, he really is very much off form, while others may be able to carry them through a poor pitch of form by simply working harder for a while.

For Redmond, as a flair player, it is very much a confidence thing, and he does not seem to carry much confidence these days.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="morty"]I think Redmond is probably feeling a bit left out, a bit part player. I think he would greatly benefit from an arm round him and being made to feel he is wanted and important.[/quote]Maybe Redmond is feeling a bit sidelined but it''s up him to up the ante and make himself one of the first names on the teamsheet. I can''t see AN being a touchy-feely '' there there '' type anyway.Redmond must surely know himself that he doesn''t contribute as much as he should. Far too often he drifts in and out of games or never shows up at all and there comes a point where all the skill in the world doesn''t make up for other shortcomings.Interestingly AN said at the fans forum that he thought Redmond was a great player. As the manager he clearly knows far more about him than any of us lot on here and we have to respect that but to laymen like me and many others watching Redmond play is so so frustrating with his inability to find any consistency at all.[/quote]I don''t think the difficulty of the role he is being asked to play should be underestimated. He has judgement calls to make every game, whether to push forward and attack, or drop back and defend. I feel he is a winger who is actually being asked to play like a right sided midfielder. Whereas in the England under 21''s he is played as an out and out winger.The lad looks uncomfortable in his role, it needs sorting.

Yep. Being an out and out winger is a pretty simple thing. Just beat your fullback, and get crosses in.

Being a right mid is different, as there is way much more defensive work to be made, and you will normally be positioned deeper in the pitch, with more players to pass on your way forward.

So, for Redmond, it is anther type of game, a game he is not well suited to play at the moment.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]Grefstad, does this mean you no longer think his dodgy form is solely down to confidence now?[/quote]

Ofcourse not. He does not strike me as being a very confident type anyway, and he has little confidence of his own ability at the moment.

Why he has low confidence is another matter.

[quote user="grefstad"]On present form, one of the Murphys would do a better job than Redmond, me thinks, if they can be recalled (have not checked rules).

Redderz looks very much out of form, and has been for quite some time.[/quote]

Or as I''ve said before NO he''s not "out of form". THIS IS what his form is. Far more evidence of that than being "out of form". He''s not very good and doesn''t have all the "potential" people think he does. He is what he is, which is mediocrity at a bad PL team and a very good Championship player, end of.

[quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="grefstad"]On present form, one of the Murphys would do a better job than Redmond, me thinks, if they can be recalled (have not checked rules).

Or as I''ve said before NO he''s not "out of form". THIS IS what his form is. Far more evidence of that than being "out of form". He''s not very good and doesn''t have all the "potential" people think he does. He is what he is, which is mediocrity at a bad PL team and a very good Championship player, end of.[/quote]Awww, is he your new Hooper now?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="grefstad"]On present form, one of the Murphys would do a better job than Redmond, me thinks, if they can be recalled (have not checked rules).

Or as I''ve said before NO he''s not "out of form". THIS IS what his form is. Far more evidence of that than being "out of form". He''s not very good and doesn''t have all the "potential" people think he does. He is what he is, which is mediocrity at a bad PL team and a very good Championship player, end of.[/quote]Awww, is he your new Hooper now?[/quote]

Nope. He''s just not anywhere near the player ANYONE thinks he is. It''s clear and he''s proven it TIME AND TIME again. He''s a very very good Championship player and a barely mediocre PL player. That''s not Hooper. People here are hilarious in the way people think of Redmond. He''s not a star and he''s not a piece to rely on. Pretty simple, or it should be at least....

When a guy has been terrible 98% of his time in the premiership and has played 50+ games no IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ''POOR FORM''. There''s no evidence that his form has any other possibility. It''s just he''s not good.

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]Beat me to it Mort.[/quote]We''ll take the answer as "yes".

[quote user="morty"][quote user="wcorkcanary"]Beat me to it Mort.[/quote]We''ll take the answer as "yes".[/quote]

I''ll take the answer to you wearing a helmet 24/7 as "yes" too champ. Apparently what I said was too hard for you to understand, which is just sad.

[quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="morty"][quote user="wcorkcanary"]Beat me to it Mort.[/quote]We''ll take the answer as "yes".[/quote]

I''ll take the answer to you wearing a helmet 24/7 as "yes" too champ. Apparently what I said was too hard for you to understand, which is just sad.[/quote]I''d rather wear one than be one.....I guess the last three managers must be as stupid as me to keep picking Redmond too...

As a sub, because he''s not good enough, sure. We already know Adams was a terrible manager, apparently you love Hughton know, and Neil has learned he''s not good enough. Not having better, isn''t sign of a very good player champ. Except it''s pretty clear Neil thinks we have a lot better, or Redmond would be starting.

I''ve thought Redmond has and probably will (eventually) flatter to deceive on his teenage potential.

However, I will say that when playing he works harder than Odidja for the team to stop Martin / Whittaker / Wisdom (whoever) being exposed on our right flank.

I''m surprised that no-one''s picked out Odidja for (at least giving the appearance of) being lazy and letting runners go, as he''s done it several times in more than 1 match.

If no-one else comes in before the next match, I''d start Redmond in place of OO.