Sign in to follow this  
USA Canary

New Manager Candidates...What's our Short List?

Looks like you can strike Holloway off the list (unless something happens extra fast!) He''s close to signing a new 5 year deal with QPR. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/q/qpr/4248422.stm

[quote]Please list who the possible replacements could/should be... I''ll start by nominating Bobby Robson (if he will come here, of course)[/quote]

Another pointless post by someone who''s obviously got too much free time on his hands.

Still, while I''m here I''ll nominate Mr Blobby, on the basis that he can''t do any worse.

(And no, that isn''t a nickname for Bobby Robson).

Martin Allen or Ian Holloway.

Much as I loved Williams as a player, his connection to the club means that he''s tainted by association.   Not sure how well Chippy''s doing out in Oz now, didn''t he get the sack a while ago due to relegation?

Robson is way too old, O''Neill is just a pipe dream.

The worrying thing is that there are very few managers out there who would either fit the bill or want to come to Norwich....

Fat Barman - nobody could do any worse than Worthington right now.

Making Plans - This "pointless post" generated four pages of discussion and has made me (and probably others) take some of the points on board. I don''t regard that as pointless.

In order of personal choice but not probability-

Peter Taylor

George Burley

Martin Allen

John Deehan

Ian Holloway

Gary Johnson

Adrian Boothroyd

[quote]fat barman, the old manager unproven at this level arguement isn''t really going to work. every manager is unproven at some point in their career, wenger,mourinho,capello were unproven at one point. ...[/quote]

Rich, the point I was trying to make was that the Board of Directors were being criticised for appointing unproven managers on the one hand and then were presented with a list comprising just that type of manager on the other hand! I was trying to show the double standards which people expext the club to be run by.

I have no problem with a gamble on a new face, IF they decide to change managers.

fair enough fats, if that what people are saying then it
is hypocritical. I''m all for giving a younger coach a
chance, though I would rather it was someone who seems to be
performing well at a lower level, one of the problems I had
with the original worthington choice was I never felt
he ever did anything at blackpool that impressed me.

to me I just don''t hold with the not experience not capable
arguement,because how can anyone get experience without
anyone giving them a chance, same with all kinds of jobs
and opportunities, but then maybe that''s my bitterness
of being unemployed at the moment

why do people want o''neill back after he walked out once before? he would most likely do the same again if a bigger club came in for him. i think it should be someone who has a bit of passion for the club, an ex player who used to show passion in a yellow shirt and knows what it means to us so why not go for bowen with a coach like roberts or fleck? that would be better than worthy!

O''Neill walked out because he was duped by the original Fat Man - Chase.He was told he had money available, then wasn''t backed when he had the nerve to try and make some signings, notably Dean Windass. He left in frustration at having his hands completely tied, not because a bigger club came in for him and his loyalty to the club should not be questioned.Having said that, I doubt he would come here after showing his great managerial abilities up and down the country. We missed the boat with Martin many years ago.

[quote]why do people want o''neill back after he walked out once before? he would most likely do the same again if a bigger club came in for him. i think it should be someone who has a bit of passion for the ...[/quote]

O''neil walked out not because he didn''t have a passion for the club it was because of that fat greedy b######d chase lieing to him from start to finish!!!!!!!.

O''neil would be brillent to have back as he still has a very large house locally & he has stated that he would love to come back one day!!!!!.

But at the min this is all pie in the sky talk as NW will not get sacked as now from having a chairman and board who would sack someone at the drop of 10 points ,now for all the good they have done for the club they have no backbone to make such a massive decission!!!.

Mr C - Mike Bassett would be an improvement on waht we''ve got at the moment! That film was obviously ahead of its time!

[quote]How about Mike Bassett (England manager)...[/quote]

Not a great idea. Just look at Mike Walker as an example. Managers who have a good first spell in charge very rarely go on to have any success that matches in their second period at the club. I know we all enjoyed the win in the league cup but the situation has changed now. I think we''ll need someone who hasn''t been with the club before.

Here''s another name to consider although I''ll probably be locked in a cupboard and considered a closet Blues supporter.............

Terry Butcher

Not a good day for Brentford and Mr Allen, lol!http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/4232488.stmLets stop worrying about replacements for Worthy and get behind the team tomorrow, if we lose then obviously his departure will be imminent.For argument sake my top three would be Mike Newell, Peter Taylor and Peter Reid, but for the moment Worthy has my support, although that could change by this time tommorrow.

Latvia - that''s an interesting one. He''d certainly bring some knowledge and experience to the team, but his high wages and dodgy relationship with Boards rule him out, I feel.

so we have six pages of thread and still not a sign of an obvious replacement. Let''s face it - there isn''t one.

You might as well say

Gary Megson and Joy Royle both of whom have execellent credentials ...

[quote]Lets forget Keegan every club he has been at has improved once he''s left.[/quote]

yea newcastle have really been flying have''nt they, and fulham have won everything.

At the moment i dont really care about if worthy gets sacked in the near future, and who will take over? Im far more interested in getting behind worthy and the team with passion and pride 2DAY! Come the start of the match i want 2 hear "worthy''s green army" and "on the ball city" being two of the many songs that outsing the home fans! Come on!!!!!!!!!!

ON THE BALL CITY!!!!!!

I noticed how this thread came to a screeching halt once we beat the scum.  I wonder if it will pick back up again once we crash out of the cup tonight...