Sign in to follow this  
Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . .

So was Bennett available or not?

Alex neil said after the game bennett got left out. He felt martin would deal better with firmino. Didn''t quite work out that way.

AN definitely said in the post match interview he made a decision to play Martin as he suspected Firmino would play and not Benteke,

If Bennetts wife is indeed due in Labour how long would it take to get from the Carra to the N+N ?

Alex Neil said he left Bennett out because he thought Benteke wouldnt be playing and Martin was the better option to deal with Firmino .

Exactly incinuating that if Benteke had been playing than bennett would''ve started. So highly doubt his omission was anything to do with a pregnancy. Or after the game to save his own arse Alex Neill would''ve said, Bennett wasn''t included because he''s with his wife his due to give birth anytime now.

So simple really, Martin was picked ahead of him.

AN is paid to make these decisions. i only hope Bennett was being rested ready to start against Spurs on Tuesday.

[quote user="Yellow Green Army"]Who cares, he was not selected, bad decision by Alex Neil.

Just hope he is selected to start against Spurs with Klose.[/quote]

We already know you aren''t too sharp, so this idiocy is not surprising.

Like i said before, if Alex Neil deliberately left Bennett out of the squad in favour of Martin he needs to go because that is unforgivable.

[quote user="djc"]AN is paid to make these decisions. i only hope Bennett was being rested ready to start against Spurs on Tuesday.[/quote]That''s Tues the 2nd of Feb. A long rest and time for AN to reflect on that decision.

chances are we may still have lost with Bennett in the side.....he wasnt great at Bournemouth.

the bigger question is why didnt Klose play??......again we may have lost but at least he''d now have his first game under his belt....and whatever his fitness, surely we wouldnt have let in the sort of goals we did today??

Now he''ll really be thrown in at the deep end against a far better team than we played today in Spurs and probably wont know whats hit him.

djc wrote the following post at 2016-01-24 12:15 AM:

AN is paid to make these decisions. i only hope Bennett was being rested ready to start against Spurs on Tuesday.

You might be disappointed if you go to Carra Tuesday! Spurs is Tuesday week 2nd Feb!

quote user="djc"

"Capt. Pants": That''s Tues the 2nd of Feb. A long rest and time for AN to reflect on that decision.

Ah, fcuk yes! thank you & sorry! so much for my 2016 Poundland Calendar...

[quote user="Yellow Green Army"]I read somewhere today that Bennett''s wife was due into labour at any minute. Not sure how true but could be the reason he was not present.[/quote]
Someone on twitter said maybe his wife has gone into labour which is where that came from but Alex made it clear that he''d been dropped as he thought Russ would be more suited to the game without Beneteke starting

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]chances are we may still have lost with Bennett in the side.....he wasnt great at Bournemouth.

the bigger question is why didnt Klose play??......again we may have lost but at least he''d now have his first game under his belt....and whatever his fitness, surely we wouldnt have let in the sort of goals we did today??

Now he''ll really be thrown in at the deep end against a far better team than we played today in Spurs and probably wont know whats hit him.[/quote]

He wasn''t "great'' or even mediocre in about 4 of the games he''s started, not just Bournemouth.

Ok so seems made a decision to drop Ryan B completely, even not on the bench. Bad one Alex, please do not pick Martin again this season, unless hes the last resort. Ryan Bennett was  no worse than the rest of the team against Muff, seems harsh decision, albeit for a tactical reason. Bennett should partner Klose next match most fans would agree, lets hope Alex does to. Well thats January done and dusted, City still outside bottom 3, but how i will never know. Lets hope February we start picking up points, or we will for sure be in the mire.

CAN WE STOP ANSWERING "HIS WIFE WAS IN LABOUR".

If you read the replies earlier you will see that Alex Neil dropped him and he said that himself in the interview after the game.

[quote user="City 2nd"]djc wrote the following post at 2016-01-24 12:15 AM:

You might be disappointed if you go to Carra Tuesday! Spurs is Tuesday week 2nd Feb![/quote]

Better tell the BBC reporter too, he thinks it''s this Tuesday and he thinks we''re playing at White Hart Lane!