Sign in to follow this  
King Klose

I can't usually...

bring myself to watch MOTD when we lose. But I almost have to see this to believe it, not that I want to believe it. I''m still in shock. And watching this is actually so painful.

Reading that back that sounds a little crazy but I guess I''m sort of thinking out loud. 😕 Just don''t think I''ve ever been this gutted after a game before, not even after a rare loss to Ip5w1ch.

Would sooner lose 5-4 than 1-0 ! although MOTD only really showed the goals, which made our defending (and liverpool''s) look absolutely dire.

But compared to Bournemouth last week the performance was chalk and cheese, well with odd exception ! weird day.

That''s fair enough Lessingham but shipping the number of goals we are will make defending a lead harder and harder, you need good performances to draw upon when your under pressure and 2-1 up with 15mins to go, it''s the psychological damage to confidence and nerve that dismays me.

woostercanary wrote the following post at 23/01/2016 10:50 PM:

... and if we continue to score four goals a game we should be OK

And what if we continue to concede 5 goals a game?

I know Firmino was playing in a sort of "false nine"......but I genuinely feel our defence would find a way of losing against a side playing no strikers whatsover......absolutely pathetic.

I could have turned a blind eye to the first 4 goals if we''d have got a point and it had ended 4-4......it would have then gone down as an all time classic.

but our lack of professionalism and anybody displaying any sort of desire to then put their body on the line to prevent that 5th is utterly disgusting .......people must pay for that today, be it playing staff...or dare i say further up.