Sign in to follow this  
Mooney

HUGE POSITIVES

1. Naismith was the perfect number 10 and linked play immensely.

2. Mbokani was flawless again.

3. The new formation was really great offensively and with the right players on the wing we will be much more solid (Redmond and Hoolahan are too weak and it was a shock they started over Jarvis and Vadis).

4. Ivo Pinto looked like a great acquisition although he should have put the player and ball into touch on the 3rd goal.

4. He now has a reason for Martin to be long gone!

5. Brady won his battle with Cline and was epic

We have 10 day break which will see Klose come in to start bossing the defence. Obviously we all know the negatives and thankfully Alex Neil acts on them fast.

In Alex Neil we should trust and the entire home support should seek to be as loud as the away fans next time around ;)

3)Hoolahan was wonderful in the first half. He linked up midfield & attack superbly. Redmond unfortunately seemed to go downhill after a bright start.

4) I liked the look of Pinto, but he HAS to defend first & foremost.

5)Brady (again a player I like) is not a left back. So, although I don''t think he''s really good enough either, I''d have Olsson at LB & Brady LM.

Praying that Tettey back & Klose in will make the difference!

I agree with your first couple of points- it is a bit of a shame that the good attacking performances of Naismith and Mbokani will be a bit lost.

Mbokani best game, great start by Naismith and they have a great connection from the start.

Just a shame that positive was negated by the negative that is Bassong / Martin......

What a game, Liverpool are the entertainment experts through the years, some great games with us and Newcastle in the past!

Loads of positives going forward

In defence we were atrocious and could have been out of the game earlier through dreadful defending

ron obvious - Hollahan did link play well but he''s not a winger? Probably a second fiddle to Naysmith in future?

King canary - Although we lost the points I think we can take even more important things from today going forwards? Super change to the way played and with Klose and Tettey in we should be ok? (Not that I think Tettey offers much other than breaking up play)

I doubt Pinto can defend good.

Simply Dynamo Zagreb last 7 years always is champion and have all over possession. They not defend often at all in this funny league

Good post Mooney.  Haven''t read all the negative stuff on here....all too predictable, so came straight to this one.  I see one or two tw*ts can''t resist having a pop as usual, but I''m not surprised.   There are always positives to be had from a game and the one that stands out to me more than anything is that we are scoring goals and Mbokani and Naismith look the real deal. We now have a few days to get the two new defenders up to speed, so hopefully the team can use this as a stepping stone to greater things.

Mostly agree LDC. My worry is the knock to confidence this sort of thing can do to a team. Hopefully AN will be accentuating the positive and the new blood will not be affected.

Indeed there were many positives. We really took the game to Liverpool and should''ve won. (I say ''should''ve'' not because we deserved to win, because we didn''t, but because we were in control of the game at 3-1 and probably deserved it at that point.

Naismith was great with Mbokani - think thats going to be a good partnership

Offensively Redmond and Pinto were good - Redmond looking brighter.

We scored 4 goals v Liverpool.

....There are also a $hitload of negatives as well though :/

Agreed Mrs. The same negatives have been around too long and should have been sorted by now. We improved with Bennett and Seb together so was a big surprise to go back to the failed partnership of earlier in the season. Missed O,Neil and Tetty hugely. Shame we had to learn the same lesson twice.

Nice to be positive init!

Hopefully a positive to take after our match against Spurs will be that Martin has kept a seat on the bench really warm and Klose has absolutely bossed the hell out of Kane.

In Alex Neil I trust!

This is intended to be a positive;

If we do get relegated our squad is better than before and we''ll go straight up, especially with AN in charge.

We had a good squad last time and managed to go up even after Adams took us to 10th place.

Indeed, we could do a Leicester in the second half of the season and then we could get £30m for CamJam at the the end of the season.