Sign in to follow this  
rich

So what is the criteria to judge worthy on?

Is anything less than the playoffs this season good
enough to give worthy another chance.

The squad and experience we have of this and the top flight we should definitely be in the play offs.   We should be top two, but that looks increasingly more unlikely.

[quote]Is anything less than the playoffs this season good enough to give worthy another chance.[/quote]

No.

OTBC

No, with the players he has had at his disposal and our relative wealth compared to others in this league, then to not finish in the frame for promotion is not good enough

its so damn depressing, i was so certain we would walk it this year. Now play offs looks hopeful, but even play offs are not a great experience as nothing is guaranteed.

Surely the criteria should be based on the progress and development of the 1st Team squad since we made the play-offs against Birmingham.

The following Season we failed to make the play-offs!

Throught the Huckerby Impact obtained promotion as Champions.

Our 1st Season in the Premiership for 9 years and we are one of the worst sides ever to have graced that league and are subsequently relegated; probably the only side never to win an away game in the Premier League.

This season, having felt sorry for themselves, or rather missing the Premier Wages more link our 1st Team squad perform spasmodically; are unlikely to make the play-offs this season; and will be off to pastures new in the summer.

Compare the progress and development of the three promoted sides from last season; money helps but it really isn''t the ''Be-all'' and ''End-all'' that it has been made out to be.

Some of our poor form will be down to Players attitudes and inabilities; however, fundamental flaws in Management and Coaching, and the supporting cast of the Coaching Staff suggest a change is required preferably before the January Transfer so a proper independent assessment can be made.

[quote]Surely the criteria should be based on the progress and development of the 1st Team squad since we made the play-offs against Birmingham. The following Season we failed to make the play-offs! Throug...[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more Dick. Don''t hear anyone at Carrow Road at present chastising themselves because they''ve got more money than just about anyone else in the division but can still only manage mid-table. The (lack of) money thing was well overplayed last year and, should we manage to squeeze back in to the Premiership next season, I don''t want to hear any mention of our relative lack of funds. Much better, positively, to get on with the job in hand and stop the whingeing

As far as I am concerned Worthy shouldn''t have another chance. There is precious little sign that he is learning or changing his ways and performances are still sporadic although we have three games unbeaten. Quite frankly struggling to draws against Millwall, Crewe and Coventry plus some very poor defeats is a shocking waste of the Board''s money and our patience.

Now Worthy even has the temerity to implicitly criticize Deano and Hux for missing penalties saying we should blast them- well why don''t we practice that in training then and Worthy tell them that that''s what he wants to to do? Bit late now.

Since promotion we have had about 6 or so decent 90 minute performances. Look at where Wigan are- I think it puts our rather pathetic performance last season into perspective.

As far as I am concerned Worthy shouldn''t have another chance. There is precious little sign that he is learning or changing his ways and performances are still sporadic although we have three games unbeaten. Quite frankly struggling to draws against Millwall, Crewe and Coventry plus some very poor defeats is a shocking waste of the Board''s money and our patience.

Now Worthy even has the temerity to implicitly criticize Deano and Hux for missing penalties saying we should blast them- well why don''t we practice that in training then and Worthy tell them that that''s what he wants to to do? Bit late now.

Since promotion we have had about 6 or so decent 90 minute performances. Look at where Wigan are- I think it puts our rather pathetic performance last season into perspective.

Yellow shrimper:

why is it than when you don''t agree with someone elses opinion it is easier to call them a whinger? 

Why can''t you constructively debate from your side of the fence?

We are all NCFC fans and all want the club to do well, however some of us see glaringly obvious mistakes and inabilities and we choose to exercise our freedom of speach and talk about them.   Some of us talk about them to gain fellow agreement from our peers which makes us feel better about ourselves.   Some of us just like to get frustrations off our chest.  Some of us probably think that if enough of us talk about the same mistakes then Worthy might acutally get the hint.   Some of us probably just like a good old fashioned argument.   At the end of the day though we are all behind the team for 90 minutes every match.   We all want to see every single player busting his gut and the Manager making the best decisions he can.

If we all listened to your contribution to the messageboard, which is get on with the job and stop whingeing, then this would be a pretty pointless place to come and read and debate and be a fan.  Stop hoping for the best and sitting on the fence, get a decent argument behind you and fight it with a passion.   That''s the only way to succeed in life, relying on others to do the job for you, so you can say see I told you everything would be okay is boring and very, very risky. 

If Worthy gets us promoted again this season, I will stand by the fact that he is a moderately decent manager, with a better than average squad at his disposal.   He has made mistakes and it is our right as paying fans to discuss them. 

what''s funny about your post, that I have only just realised, is that you couldn''t agree more with Dick, who has pointed out that our progress as a first team squad over the last two and a bit seasons is pathetic to say the least.   Having agreed with that, you go on to tell us to stop the whingeing.   classic.

[quote]Yellow shrimper: why is it than when you don''t agree with someone elses opinion it is easier to call them a whinger? Why can''t you constructively debate from your side of the fence? We are all NC...[/quote]

Hello Stevenage Fan, I don''t seem to have expressed myself very clearly. This may result from my being unable to put in quotes the bit in Dick Poulter''s post that I was applauding i.e. "Compare the progress and development of the three promoted sides from last season; money helps but it really isn''t the ''Be-all'' and ''End-all'' that it has been made out to be". I thought this point was very well made. It struck me last year that the consistent message coming out of Carrow Road, from Board and Management that it was very difficult to compete with wealthier clubs, and that 17th would be a great achievment was a very negative message and one that could result in a failure to excel. Once could argue that that my fears were well founded. like dick I ahve not seen this years promoted teams focussing on the negatives and the limitations in the same way, they seem to be much more bold in their aspirations. My accusation of whingeing was directed at the Board and Management, not the fans   

[quote]Couldn''t agree more Dick. Don''t hear anyone at Carrow Road at present chastising themselves because they''ve got more money than just about anyone else in the division but can still only manage mid-tab...[/quote]

yellow  shrimper

to take this thread off subject - when did you praise Dean Coney, where, and why, sorry just very curious  

oh, then please accept my humble apologies

I have been away from the message boards for a long time and have returned to hear lots of people having a go at the people that dare to criticise the board and Worthy and confused you as one of them, sorry.

There are a lot of posters on here that simply wait for the usual suspects to moan, so they can have a go at them and tell them to be proper fans and get behind the club.  They never offer anything constructive to the debate, just blind loyalty to Worthy.

Promotion - simple as that. If he doesn''t manage it then he deserves everything that he gets. We had every chance to stay in the Premiership last season, he blew that and from the looks of things he''s going to do the same this season. Frustrated? You bet I am - the recent form (?) just goes to show that one (or two) swallows a summer does not make...The sooner he goes the better as far as I''m concerned.

Oh and if anyone can give me a reasoned, sensible, factually based arguement to say why he should say and explain to me how this season so far can be seen as successful, I look forward to reading it.

Thanks.

Promotion - simple as that. If he doesn''t manage it then he deserves everything that he gets. We had every chance to stay in the Premiership last season, he blew that and from the looks of things he''s going to do the same this season. Frustrated? You bet I am - the recent form (?) just goes to show that one (or two) swallows a summer does not make...The sooner he goes the better as far as I''m concerned.

Oh and if anyone can give me a reasoned, sensible, factually based arguement to say why he should say and explain to me how this season so far can be seen as successful, I look forward to reading it.

Thanks.

Gazza, thanks for your interest. I was working for one of the banks at the time and we sponsored a quiz on Radio Norfolk, I think between local pubs & clubs and I was in the studio to do the draw for the next round, during the build up to City taking on Man U at Old Trafford for a midweek evening fixture. Dean Coney had had a poor game on Saturday and the crowd had given him a particularly hard time. When asked by the presenter, whose name escapes me, as to my thoughts on City''s prospects that evening I expressed the view that if he could be given a chance Dean Coney could do well and would very likely get his name on the scoresheet that night. The presenter jovially informed me, in front of all Radio Norfolk''s audience that Mr Coney had in fact been dropped - the insinuation was that I didn''t know what I was talking about. Perhaps that wasn''t far from the truth. I felt a right p***t and clearly haven''t forgotten it.

See u all at kenilworth road 2nite - 3 points in the bag! (I hope)

suprised I thought someone would say worthy might deserve
another season if we just missed out. ANyone think that,
because I''d be intrigued to hear the reasons why.

Just found another - part way through the season this one - similar theme - anything out of play offs is unacceptable... 

Interesting that you''ve resurrected this old post as it demonstrates what wrong with you lot and I quote ''Some of us probably think that if enough of us talk about the same mistakes then Worthy might acutally get the hint''.

Do you honestly think that a post on here will change anything? If you do you are deluded, you need to demonstrate to force the change. Your avatars say ''Go now'' but you can''t be bothered to get off your backsides and make it happen now, unless you prove you are the majority then you are just a collection of self serving backslappers.

Same old, same LOS - where is your post explain why you think Worthy should stay - I have done such a post and also posted on where the club is falling down and how the team could improve - not a definite answer just my opinion.

You dont know how active I may or may not be but I have never claimed that there is an active majoity supporting my view- what I do know is that opinions are shared by the vast majority of people I know who regularly watch city.  If you had not realised this country is hugely apathetic when it comes to making a change through protests...

Can you claim that people wanting to keep worthy (and there is nothing worng with that view) would be as active as you want the so called worthy out group to be?  I have not seen a keep worthy website or any keep worthy demonstrations!   [:(]I cant beleive I have been dragged down to this level of posting but if you cant share any whats or hows but simply want to ridciule others view why bother posting at all??[:^)]  I see as much evidence that your view, LOS, is any more in the majority than you do that my opinion is in the majority.

I resurrected this post to show that peoples expectations were high at the start of the season, that finishing mid table was unacceptable to posters on this forum from pre and early season. You will see that my personal view was that we would not find the season easy.  The same with the midfield post  -  numerous so amateurs could see the weakness so why couldnt these high pai and qualified professionals. 

I am not so vain as to feel that me sharing my feelings, opinions or thoughts on all things NCFC have any influence, good or bad, on anything the club does.   My backsides - do you know whether I have more than one? - recognise that the decision makers at the club are not you nor I, but the directors whos view is that Worthy is the right choice - I disagree but can respect their view and no amount of posturing, face to face discussions with Neil D (which I have had) from me will change their view. 

I will be renewing my season ticket, remain proud to support the only club I have followed but will continue to share my opinions despite flaming from antagonists not interested in a discussion but insulting the intelligence of anyone who does not hold your view. 

[quote user="A load of squit"]

Interesting that you''ve resurrected this old post as it demonstrates what wrong with you lot and I quote ''Some of us probably think that if enough of us talk about the same mistakes then Worthy might acutally get the hint''.

Do you honestly think that a post on here will change anything? If you do you are deluded, you need to demonstrate to force the change. Your avatars say ''Go now'' but you can''t be bothered to get off your backsides and make it happen now, unless you prove you are the majority then you are just a collection of self serving backslappers.

[/quote]

We are just discussing what is happening this season and as fans on what we consider success and failure.  What we consider good management and bad management. Good play and bad play, good signings and crap signings,. money well spent and money wasted. Good performances and downright disgraceful performances, good decisions and mind boggling decisions  Players who give it their all and those who laze about the middle of the park doing crap all for the shirt. Whether we would like to see ashton stay or go etc etc

I certainly dont beleive worthy reads this board - as he has already said he doesnt give a monkeys what fans think anyway.  But what I will say is that the local newspapers certainly gage some of the fans opinions on what is mentioned on these and other message boards, you certainly get a good cross section of fans opinions of what is going on at THEIR club.

Anyway why should we get off are arse and do anything??  there is no need results will spark what happens as is always the case, so far we have a season of underacheivement from an unimproved squad what more can I say.

Personally, I dont feel Nigel Worthington has the capabilities or management ability to take us any further than he has done.

ZLF, when have you ever seen a protest thats wants things to stay as they are because thats what you are suggesting, I can just see it now "What do we want?", "No Change", "When do we want it?", "Now and err keep going".

The reason you won''t organise for the change you want is that when the numbers don''t turn up you''d have to wake up to reality, just saying your the majority does not mean you are. 

If we dont get in the play offs and win them, i reckon we need a change. We will eventually get cash from asahtons sale if we dont go up, and we cant trust worthy too spend it unfortunately.