Sign in to follow this  
Canary99

Klose

We seem to now be resting all of our hopes on Klose, but what if he turns out to be just as poor as the rest. Just because he is a champions league player doesn''t mean he will adjust quickly to the premier league, look at Otamendi, Mangala etc.

Yeah, but also we have people running around claiming we need a "big brute who is good in the air" like that isn''t what Klose is. You expect people to be intelligent here? That''s on you.

You have a battered old skoda but you go for it and invest in a Ferrari but then leave the super car in the garage and continue to drive the Skoda

That is what happened today

That''s be see the Ferrari in you scenario hadn''t been valeted/tuned and went ready for the road.

For all the why''s and wherefores it did make reasonable sense not to start Klose today; IMO c/b is a role where you need to know your partner''s game pretty well, and the guy had barely trained win the squad. Also, had he had a not-100% debut I can well imagine the whingeing and wailing that would have ensued.

[quote user="alartz"][quote user="jaemae2"]Michael Turner, Jas Hooiveld, Carlos Cuellar etc.. etc...[/quote]

You''ve just depressed me even more so now[/quote]

Reasonable. If we can get someone better than Basson I''m all for it. Probably gonna have to pay more than 8 mill pounds again to do so, don''t see that happening. Hope I''m wrong, also maybe Klose IS better. Yet to be seen. Other than the unknown its very arguable that there''s anyone we have (or had) that is.

Didn''t think bassong was that bad today. By no means was he that good but for me, if I analyse goals 2 to 5, Russell Martin was massively at fault each time. I am convinced if we''d subbed him at 3-2 we would have won the game.

Sorry to scapegoat but Martin was absolute garbage today. Worst performance at carrow road since theoklitos.

[quote user="Tetteys Jig"]Didn''t think bassong was that bad today. By no means was he that good but for me, if I analyse goals 2 to 5, Russell Martin was massively at fault each time. I am convinced if we''d subbed him at 3-2 we would have won the game.

Sorry to scapegoat but Martin was absolute garbage today. Worst performance at carrow road since theoklitos.[/quote]

Because he was our best defender today and by far (like most every game.). Yes, he was at fault that first goal and had a few dodgy moments afterward (none that cost us, no one is perfect his blunders weren''t punished mostly due to them not being bad) but beyond that he was solid to good. We''ve seen this defense without him REPEATEDLY, as shocking as it is it''s FAR FAR FAR worse than what we saw today.

With you that jaemae! Date I sat it but perhaps even Gary Hooper would have done better next to bassong that! Really just stunned Martin was in ice Bennett today but surely klose comes in next game! Harsh for bassong but I''d give Bennett his place back next to klose.

Today was just so frustrating because our attack was the best I''ve ever seen at carrow road! Naisyv and mbok liked like they''d been brothers for years! Add the screamer from bassong and I''m stunned as to how we''ve thrown that away!

I then realise Russell Martin was at CB and suddenly it all makes sense. I literally hope we never again see him at CB for this club ever again. Possibly could even stretch to saying I hope that''s the last we ever see if him in a Norwich shirt bar a testimonial. The guy is finished.

[quote user="Tetteys Jig"]With you that jaemae! Date I sat it but perhaps even Gary Hooper would have done better next to bassong that! Really just stunned Martin was in ice Bennett today but surely klose comes in next game! Harsh for bassong but I''d give Bennett his place back next to klose.

Today was just so frustrating because our attack was the best I''ve ever seen at carrow road! Naisyv and mbok liked like they''d been brothers for years! Add the screamer from bassong and I''m stunned as to how we''ve thrown that away!

I then realise Russell Martin was at CB and suddenly it all makes sense. I literally hope we never again see him at CB for this club ever again. Possibly could even stretch to saying I hope that''s the last we ever see if him in a Norwich shirt bar a testimonial. The guy is finished.[/quote]

I was all for Naismith coming along. A player I have always enjoyed. He''s gonna have games like today somewhat often even though intermittent. A lot of time he disappears for a few weeks then pays off. I''ll take that. He''s gonna score goals either from a CAM position or wing. Smart business even at 8 mill for a 30 YO.

I am also a humongous Mbokani fanboy, the fact he''s likely to get 7-9 goals from play in this team in less than 20 starts is pretty extraordinary. As I''ve said before if we stay up I''d be all for him on a perm. basis.