Sign in to follow this  
Lewis DW

Substitutes

I feel Alex Neil got his subs very wrong today - Jarvis and Olsson added nothing, and although Jerome got the assist for Bassong''s goal I feel he didn''t really ''show up'' when he came on.

I think today showed how lacking in quality and depth we had in the squad.

I think Alex needs to have a long hard think about who and when to sub. He''s a brilliant young manager but I feel his subs are letting us down recently.

Jarvis is bang average. Had a decent debut and haven''t seen anything of him since.

Can''t believe we gave him a contract let alone payed money for him.

I, and the people I sit near pretty much all agreed the dubs made perfect sense today - Wes and Redmond had much less impact as things wore on, Naismith was playing his first game in a while so perfectly reasonable to take him off. Whether the guys who came on did what was needed/asked if them is different, I guess.

subs was too late but we conceded 73 secunds after scored 3rd so no time at all.But subs must be made just after 3-2 and Mulumbu and Odjidja should bring more physic presence.

After game is easy to talk of course.

Still we give up too easy against pretty average Liverpool team in later stages.

It made sense to bring Redmond and Wes off but hat didn''t make sense to me was messing about with the back 4 by brining Olsson on. I would have liked to see Mulumbu on for Redmond, putting Howson on the right to help out Pinto and adding more bite into the midfield, with Jarvis on for Wes.