Sign in to follow this  
ellis206

Robbie Brady

So whilst most are slaughtering the scapegoat that is Russell Martin, are the more rational thinkers concerned with Brady''s recent performances? Cost us a goal at Stoke by leaving someone completely unmarked at the far post for a free header, did the exact same thing for Bournemouth''s first goal, he played Firmino onside for Liverpool''s first goal today, then did a ridiculous header across the box for their 5th goal. He''s played some brilliant games at leftback but has recently lost the plot, only problem we have is that Olsson is just as poor at defending. LB was more of a priority going in to this window than RB was, said it at the time.

I would happily see Olsson at Left Back, Brady at Left Wing and Jarvis on the right.
However, Wes and Naismith linked up very well today.  The problem is that by playing Wes on the left side, our full back is going to be exposed time after time. 
Hopefully Brady and Naismith can link up as well as Wes does.

To be honest I have concerns for the whole back 4 positions. Hopefully Pinto, Klose, Bennett & Olsson are the answers to all our problems. But I''m not quite so sure 😉

Let''s get real here. Brady was brilliant today. You feel the need to try and make him out as a liability? He was solid as a rock at the back and also going forward. Then Olsson came on and he carried on in another position. Grow up, such reactionary posts only make you look like you haven''t got a clue.

Have not watched it on tv yet just live at CR but wasnt it Brady that made that amazing tackle on Milner ? which would have made it 2 and him that gave the Liverpool player a 3 yard start after about 10 minutes and not only caught him up but took the ball off him ?

Brady was phenomenal for the first 60 minutes!

Some people on here are mental!

Drop Rudd.... Drop Brady....

STOP picking scape goats

Brady is our POTS by mile.

You to blame anyone for that defeat look at our shocking centre midfielders and the awful organisation skills of Russell Martin - he is not a captain, I don''t care how much manager ass he kisses

Some quality shoulder to shoulder stuff in the first half but as Wes tired he was woefully exposed in the second. We musn''t vote him POTS though as the POTS often leaves the following summer!

You saw a different game to me then. Remember the fantastic saving tackle to stop Liverpool going two nil up? No? Bit of selective memory maybe? Nobody else in our defence has the speed or awareness to do that sort of thing.

Brady is a totally different league to Olsson as a left back.

He can tackle, sprint, intercept, block....

He fights for everything.

If all our players had his drive and ability - we would be top of the league.

I can''t believe people are doubting him.

Olsson is in the Martin camp - he is not PL quality.

NCFC fans don''t deserve a player like Brady - he''ll be gone in the Summer - to a much bigger club...

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]You saw a different game to me then. Remember the fantastic saving tackle to stop Liverpool going two nil up? No? Bit of selective memory maybe? Nobody else in our defence has the speed or awareness to do that sort of thing.[/quote]

Glad somebody else has brought this up it was Brady on Milner was it not ?

people will criticise Brady for his header that lead to the 5th.....but he wasnt actually playing in defence when that happened....at least he was back trying to help out.......where the hell were the other midfielders between our 4th and their 5th??....none of them showed a desire to get goal side.

I love how this is framed as being the concern of the ''more rational posters'' despite being really a bit stupid.

Brady was MOTM for me in the first half and while he wasn''t so great in the second half he is still much less of an issue than anyone else in this back 4.

To criticise Brady is crazy. Some of his tackles were absolutely brilliant. The problem he''s got is he has to cover for other players who aren''t doing their job right. IMO and for most of the people I go to the match with, he''s way ahead for POTS

1.  Stop trying to fit square pegs into round holes  2.  Play players in their proper positions3.  Stop having the vast majority of a game based on theory, data, algorithims etc4.  Stop being a tinkering tinker5.  Have a settled back four6.  Make tactical changes and substituions during a game, based on what has happened during that game and what you can see with your own eyes and not on something that has been pre-planned before a game

Just reflection tactics by the martin loving OP. But still worth a debate.

No Brady isn''t a left back. He is a little wasted there. Yes he should have held a line for the opening goal and yes his header was the wrong choice for the winner.

Yet he still had a solid game. Won tackles, generally sound positionally and took responsibility for his role.

As for the winner, I would remind people that the left back at that time was olsson, who was laziliy wandering back into the box as Brady made his header, having abdicated his defensive role by being stuck right mid and hopelessly out of position. Not from break but a slow build up and a throw in. Olssons only role was to defend and allow Brady to get forward. He couldn''t be bothered and can''t be trusted, its why brady will continue to start left back.

I think most of our team have been either hailed as brilliant or written off as rubbish. There are several problems, but the biggest collective ones seem to increase the likelihood of individual ones.Pushing too many players forward, giving the ball away with an alarming frequency, midfielders not tracking runners etc seem to induce individual players into making errors as they come under pressure and end up panicking.A lot of these errors by the likes of Brady or Martin would disappear or become less significant if the larger problems of strategy/tactics were addressed.