Sign in to follow this  
funny old game

Unwanted Record

To disappointed to check this, my son tells me we have now conceded more goals than any other team in the last 30 min of games (21) I can think of 3 in the final minute that have cost us 4pts West Ham a, man city a, Liverpool h. Could be the difference between relegation & survival

Not sure when we concede them matters particularly, but it sounds about right.
Still, there are three clubs with a worse goal difference than us and I back AN to sort the soft centre out.
We did at least look more threatening in attack yesterday.

[quote user="Darth Bor"]Not sure when we concede them matters particularly, but it sounds about right.
Still, there are three clubs with a worse goal difference than us and I back AN to sort the soft centre out.
We did at least look more threatening in attack yesterday.
[/quote]

That''s very true, it''s all fine margins, maybe the introduction Klose & some fine tweaking of the defensive aspect of our midfield will be enough to nullify the soft centre but maintain our treat going forward.

I think it is the number conceded overall than at a specific point in the game that we need to be concerned about - 11 goals in the last 3 league games is very poor (14 in 4 if you include the cup). Obviously in the PL we are up against very decent players - Liverpool brought £50m worth of subs on - and every side lets goals in, but we should be far more organised and able to cope than we are, particularly away. Klose has to make quite an impact if we are to improve as much as we need to.