Sign in to follow this  
FCC

Time to bring back Ruddy

[quote user="FCC"]Not joking - it''s all about opinions.

I do think Ruddy has more of a presence. What did Rudd do wrong, clearly he is not solely to blame for the defeat, he hardly had a blinder if 5 went past him. Goals are whizzing past him at the moment and it must be denting his confidence.

If Ruddy had been letting this many in everyone would be screaming for him to be dropped. I''m not blaming Rudd for the defeat, but I would take him out of the firing line for the more experienced goalkeeper.

I make no mention of the "defence", rest of the team, tactics or selections - I just think Ruddy is worth a start. I am making a presumption he is fit and motivated.[/quote]

Denting his confidence??? The goals were nothing to do with him! It won''t dent his confidence! If Ruddy starts next week only then Rudds confidence will be dented! Rudd has good technique and he looks comfortable. It''s the defence that will end up denting his confidence. I wish everyone would stop treating him like a child. He deserves his chance cos he''s waited long enough. Judge him on the work he does and not the players around him!

I couldn''t imagine Ruddy escaping any criticism if that were him in goal today. And I''m sure Rudd would''ve been disappointed with the first goal, as well as the Milner goal which I felt was poor from his part. He didn''t look like he believed he could save it, it was a half hearted attempt, a low-on-confidence ''leg dangle''..

I''m not sure if he''ll bring Ruddy back just yet, but I definitely think that one of the biggest advantages with the big man is that his kicking is far superior. He is much more confident with the ball at his feet - playing out from the back, than Rudd, who seems to go long every time unless an extremely obvious short pass is available. This is surely an important aspect when you consider our less-direct playing style!

I''m also not sure if Ruddy is maybe just a little more commanding when it comes to crosses and communicating with the defence.

For now though, I''m happy to stick with Rudd and will be surprised to see him dropped for Spurs.

That last line of defence needs to cover defensive mistakes, not be absolved of all blame. He is part of the defence, and with the best view of the pitch should be organising the back four. At present he is not an imposing goalkeeper who inspires confidence - that is a comment on his form, not ability.

What and Ruddy does inspire confidence?

I''m not saying Declan Rudd is the next De Gea but he''s definitely performing better than Ruddy.

Ruddy posseses the agility of a sleeping cow on temazepam