Sign in to follow this  
Suffolk7

Coaching Staff

I''m a season ticket holder and have been for many years, I''m always looking at the bench during breaks in play, and one thing I''ve noticed is that when we are winning or its level there seems to be plenty of shouting and instructions from AN and his team. Yet when it goes wrong and we are under pressure and the whole of the ground can smell a goal against coming, or indeed we go a goal behind, the instructions stop. There''s lots of little mini chats between AN, FM and GH but they all seem a bit clueless. I know some people might read this and automatically remind me of Bournmouth away last season, but in general we do seem to have a lack of leadership from the touchline when it''s going wrong. I wonder if One of AN''s biggest mistakes is not having a proven PL assistant or coach in his backroom team. I know the Martin selection on paper looks like a bad decision yesterday, but I also thought the introduction of Jarvis was a bad choice too. We were being attacked down both flanks with both full backs having mixed fortunes, and Jarvis was never going to help that situation.

[quote user="Suffolk7"]I''m a season ticket holder and have been for many years, I''m always looking at the bench during breaks in play, and one thing I''ve noticed is that when we are winning or its level there seems to be plenty of shouting and instructions from AN and his team. Yet when it goes wrong and we are under pressure and the whole of the ground can smell a goal against coming, or indeed we go a goal behind, the instructions stop. There''s lots of little mini chats between AN, FM and GH but they all seem a bit clueless. I know some people might read this and automatically remind me of Bournmouth away last season, but in general we do seem to have a lack of leadership from the touchline when it''s going wrong. I wonder if One of AN''s biggest mistakes is not having a proven PL assistant or coach in his backroom team. I know the Martin selection on paper looks like a bad decision yesterday, but I also thought the introduction of Jarvis was a bad choice too. We were being attacked down both flanks with both full backs having mixed fortunes, and Jarvis was never going to help that situation.[/quote]

There is a lack of leadership both on the pitch and on the sidelines, your observations are spot on. I have the greatest respect for what AN has done in getting us up and there is no doubting he has talent and is as honest as they come, but his inexperience at times is seriously telling, espiecally in the moments where we are struggling. He is learning but at what cost in the season''s end?