Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

I say again Robbo and Hucks up front, pleease!

I felt originally that Drury needs cover in front of him and this was borne out on Saturday. So, Robbo and Hucks up front is how it has to be for the following reasons:

1.We''re agreed that Brennan is needed left as he provides the cover for Drury that was woefully lacking on Saturday.
2.This means Huckerby, who MUST play, has to go up front.
3.Which means, I''m afraid, that Leon goes on the bench.

Having Leon to bring on when legs are tyring could be a lethal weapon like Ricketts used to be for Bolton. You can often gage the strength of a team by what they have on the bench including McKenzie, Henderson/McVeigh and Mulryne gives you all sorts of options should a game not be going to plan.

The only other option is Huckerby right but i''m guessin that''s gonna casue the same problems for Edworthy as it did for Drury.

Now before you dimiss me as mad and ''''raving bonkers'' A1, and just until Svensson is fit, is there any reason why we can''t have Damian Francis up front with Hucks as an option?. He''s tall, quick with a good shot, and holds the ball up well, or have I lost it compleatly?.

No no wiz, lets be radical, open your mind real wide, lets have all these possiblities out on the table! Certainly hadn''t thought of DF up there but it could work. May make Robbo feel really unwanted though to see himself being replaced by a central midfielder!
But to continue the radical theme, incorporating your suggestion, I think Brennan could be cut out to play a more central role. NW used to put Clint in there on occasions!
So how about...

Edworthy Fleming Shackell Drury

Henderson Holt Brennan McVeigh

Francis Huckerby

Hmm, i like it! Somehow doubt we''ll ever see it though!
Better still lets just get Svensson back asap and then we might not all be sat here going mad wrestling with formations n things! Hell, I managed to come up with a 3-5-3 last week!!

With a team that has just scored for goals away from home, all of the strikers getting on the score sheet. The front 2 rows of the team are sorted. Francis has the energy to cover Drury when needed. Good to LAZY Mulryne got the chop, seems like we can score goals without his so called "creativity". Lazy bast**d!!!
The only change i would make to the side is Shackell for Malkay. He done us proud when we beat Cardiff, would that score line have been 4-4 with Malkay in the team?. Don''t get me wrong Malkay has been a great servent to the club but the time comes when the speed is not there and the energy levels drop quicker. Did Mckenzie score again? Not bad for an old cart horse!!!! hey Wiz. OTBC

he might have but he has got a very good goal per game ratio and he is our second top goalscorer. As long as hes doing an ok job then he should be in the team. (well atleast until Svensson gets back anyway!)

try this
green
drury shackell flemming
brennan francis holt mcveigh
huckerby
robbo leon mckenzie

Im pretty sure this is worth a try with shacks in the centre we should get a bit more decent ball out of defence

If I was worthy id play this team,

Green
Edworthy Flem Shackell Drury
McVeigh Holt Francis Brennan
Hucks Iwan

however id have Sven in 4 Iwan wen he gets fit, then Leon could come on from the bench to provide a spark,not saying id have him on the bench every game but id play this team more times than not.

We certainly don''t want Robbo in defence after his mistake with Rotherham''s first goal and the two penalties at Everton.

SPR how can you say that Roberts has had his day? He scored against Rotherham, his fifth goal of the season in 7 starts (17 Sub), just one behind DH, 6 in 18 (0), the leading scorer. Read the postings about the Bradford game, the majority say that the team improved in the last 20 minutes when he was on, and now lots of people say that he should start with Hucks. Francis is a good player, but not a striker

Also what has Malky done wrong? Think about it, up until Saturday we had the best defence in the division, he cant be playing as bad as many suggest. Watch your video v Forest, Malky ran his heart out in defence and was determined (along with Flem, Adam and Mr Ed) that they would not score. Yes Shackell is a great prospect, but no he is not at Malky’s standard yet.

I admit that they have both made mistakes which have led to goals recently, but who in the team hasn''t? At this stage of the season, we need good strong experienced professionals who have been there done that, got the T shirt, and we have a solid backbone of the side in Fleming, Mackay, Holt and Roberts.

OTBC

Guest CFrost
ROBERTS AND HUCKERBY UPFRONT!!!

I keep saying this and will continue to say this, no matter who disagress with me, but I still think Iwan and Darren upfront, as they play well together.

Also Iwan is a target man and Hucks can score and create the goals. Iwan should be given the respect he deserves. He''s scored 93 goals for us and I hope he gets his 100. Just because he''s 35 doesnt mean anything. He can play just as well as anyone else can even though his age may be different to others ages. (If that makes any sense). He can still score the goals and play, its not like he cant do that. If that was the case then yes he may not be playing, but while he can still do the job, play him upfront with Hucks!

Yes people are going to turn around and say "Well what about Leon and Matt", well yes what about them. Well I think Iwan should be given a chance over then as this is a)his last season *sob sob*, b)He can still do the job well so should play, and c)He wants to get his 100 goals so let him do it. They have next season to play week in week out as unfortunately Iwan wont be playing as his contract runs out. Their time will come.

We arent just going to let a legend like Iwan be pushed out like some people want him to be. When you come to Norwich you work your way up and get the respect, and thats what Iwan has done. We dont just throw him out as he''s getting on, we let him go out playing, scoring the goals and being involved with the team. I dont think he should be pushed out just because we have signed 2 new strikers and just because they are younger than him.

IWAN = LEGEND.

ROBERTS 9 & HUCKERBY 6 UPFRONT!!!!!!!

Can''t agree Stan - the team you suggest, as Rotherham except Shackell replacing Makay, MAY have won four three on Saturday, but the change would not have stopped Rotherham running riot down our left. And when it could be Michael Tonge and co having a similar party i don''t fancy our chances. You''re going for the Keegan/Ardiles "we can score more than you" approach which is great entertainment but rarely works in the long run. As soon as your front players have an off day, you get battered. Successful teams are the ones that can get away with their front players having an off day by securing a draw or a jammy win (Derby, Forest) becuase their defences can stand up to it. That defence against Rotherham, Shackell or no Shackell, is going to let in 1, 2 or 3 per game, placing huge pressure on the rest of the team to keep baggin a hatful game after game.
I would not want to see Saturday''s formation again because we are at last beginning to see a side that is hard to beat and only loses narrowly when it does get beat and we don''t want to lose that. Sure, we''re capable of some truly shocking displays as are West Brom and co, and one of the things that we have had to get used to in recent years is two or three thrashings per season. Wolves, West Brom most seasons, Millwall and Preston away in the play-off year, Forest away last year, ...but they''ve been diminsihing to the point where hopefully we won''t see it anymore. Imagine if the front players against Rotherham had played like they did against Bradford?

Of course, if we get to the prem we may have to get used to the cricket scores again!!