Sign in to follow this  
Kidderminster Exile

Right on the edge after Swansea win

I don''t think villa is the game to worry about. With Spurs calling Tuesday week we could well be in the bottom 3 prior to going there, and in essence any side who ships the amount of goals we have this season, and defend as we do, cannot hope to stay in the premiership!

I think at least one from the NE will ease past us before the end.

Newcastle still have the sack + honeymoon card up their sleeve and Big Sam''s record speaks for itself.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]I think at least one from the NE will ease past us before the end.

Newcastle still have the sack + honeymoon card up their sleeve and Big Sam''s record speaks for itself.[/quote]Yes thats the big worry, Villa a dead certs but cound drag us down with them

Forget about the three teams below us. Our survival will be down to us. And if we defend in more games like we did yesterday then we deserve to get relegated. School kids defend better than we did. MOTD highlights didnt shower our back line in glory! I wont just single our Martin alone as that would be too easy, but for one goal both Bassong and Martin let Firmino go free to run through the middle and convert the cross. Martin made a huge error with the backpass. Even in the first half, Milner broke through the worlds largest gap where a right sided cb should be, where fortunately Brady put in an excellent sliding challange. We are too open across the centre in defence. Not good enough, qnd that will be our downfall if not addressed.

Swansea are not conceding enough goals to be relegation candidates. They will squeeze out points where leaky defences like ours, won''t.

Who would have thought after the great day at Wembley we would be in this position, Summer was the time to shore up a crap defence and buy , now we are on the brink of relegation with tough games coming up. We could not have picked a better dozen games to start our season had we choose. Not all hope gone but its going to be a struggle.

Following NCFC seems to depress the heII out of everyone on this thread. The pessimism on here is frankly embarrassing.

Our new midfielder looks like one of the missing links, on field leadership. Our new rightback can attack and has the pace to get back to defend. If Klose pans out, we are going to have a great, exciting, fun last third of the season.

A couple of things I mentioned elsewhere

- there''s still 15 matches to go, that''s more than 1/3 of the season

- nothing at all is remotely set in stone yet

- any side, and that includes us, can and will go on runs - good or bad - that will look to pull them clear or alternatively appear to drop them in it

It seems to me that many posters here can only see us going on the bad runs, which is odd but par for the course I guess; I tend to hope for/expect the opposite.

This thread reads like a competition to see who can post the most pessimistic post. Swanseas result makes no difference to our prospects. We have to attain enough points to stay up by our own efforts.

As for those who keep posting all over the board that we are relegated - I hear you. But you are of no further use to the club this season. Hope you all have a better time of it in 16/17.

Newsflash-we were 2 points above the relegation places before the weekend, we''re still 2 points above the relegation places.

[quote user="Mr Angry"]Newsflash-we were 2 points above the relegation places before the weekend, we''re still 2 points above the relegation places.[/quote][Y]

Yesterday''s defeat was morale crushing. Probably one of our best performances of the season attacking wise, 3-1 up and we still lost. AN needs to lift the team for the next match, but the problem is it''s Spurs, who are a far better side than Liverpool, 3rd highest scorers and have the best defensive record in the league. Chances are morale and confidence will be shot to sh#t before we even turn up at Villa for what is a must win game.If AN keeps us up it will be one of the biggest achievements by a City manager ever. I think he can do it and he will do it, but no more defensive shambles and no more dodgy team selections.

Weve been right on the edge since 1st game, yes since the summer window when we never started to permanently strengthen our defence, and i expected relegation since then, it really dont bother me anymore. What interests me more is this window, Alex is finally making the moves to call a team his team. But we need to view this as a maybe 2 year long haul, maybe even 3 if we go down as funds will be lower. He has brought in Pinto, Klose and Naisy and exited are E Benno, Hooper and Grabban, maybe the last week will see a bit more action. But for me, the big change will come if he works on the exit of the defence, Whittaker first then Martin, but  Alex seems to have a love in for that guy. I think Bassong could last another year, especially if we go down, but im hoping this coming summer the ins and outs carry on. The Champs will be fun for fans if we go down, less so for the Board who once again will have to pull in the reigns.And if by some miracle  the team stay up, then Alex can speed up the team changing. So for me, the big thing for the future isnt staying up or going down, its how Alex shapes a team to call his own.