Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

RIP RM

AT least the whingers and moaners no longer need to moan about how cr*p RM is?

Today he proved he can''t defend and now can''t even pass.

Trying a back pass from the f*cking halfway line is demented.

R.I.P. RM. One hopes you have played your last game!

[quote user="Lord Nelson"]We tended to be much more dependable when Paul Lambert was the Manager. Maybe that is the answer to get the best out of Martin?[/quote]

Best send RM to Blackburn then. Guarantee he won''t ever play for City again.

[quote user="canarycop"][quote user="Lord Nelson"]We tended to be much more dependable when Paul Lambert was the Manager. Maybe that is the answer to get the best out of Martin?[/quote]

Best send RM to Blackburn then. Guarantee he won''t ever play for City again.[/quote]

Lambert has enough problems up there already. Are they recruiting for kit boy?

I don''t think tat it is necessary to be abusive towards Russell Martin . I saw his immediate reaction while watching the back pass on MOTD , and actually felt a lot of sympathy for him .

He has been a fantastic servant of our beloved club , and much like anything in life which , when the time Rrives and needs replacing , is being dismissed out of hand , which is if nothing else , disrespectful.

Having said all of that , it is down to AN to call an end to this painful experience for all of us , and yes I think he does have to choose a new captain .

During a stoppage in the match I saw RM having a talk with Pinto, seemingly pointing out what he should be doing. Maybe that was why Pinto was caught out of position several times.

No sympathy for "Russ".He is paid thousands of pounds a week to be a professional footballer and he keeps on proving that he isnt good enough.I''m glad he''s got some defending him on here.. lord knows he couldnt defend himself!

canary_1902 wrote;

No sympathy for "Russ".

He is paid thousands of pounds a week to be a professional footballer and he keeps on proving that he isnt good enough.

I''m glad he''s got some defending him on here.. lord knows he couldnt defend himself!

Canary_1902,

IMO, whether you have any sympathy for Russ, is in effect meaningless, because as far as I can recall he hasn’t asked for any sympathy, I can assure you he is quite capable of giving himself a harder time than anyone on here has or will.

That said, I’m not sure he deserves some of the vitriolic abuse he is subject to, and not just on this board.

Again, imo, the title of this thread alone is uncalled for, it is essentially saying Rest In Peace Russell Martin.

I just wonder how you, or the original poster, would feel, if someone was publicly saying Rest In Peace about you.

Irrespective of how much he earns, he is still a human being and a bloody decent one at that, who is as loyal and as hard working as they come (yes, I now that doesn''t make him footballer of the year) and as a human being still has all the emotions and feelings any other human being has, neither of which dissipate in direct correlation with the amount he earns.

He, and his loved ones, will be aware of what is being written about him, so it may have an impact and he is a man who has served the club superbly and could continue to do so for a very long time and I don’t mean just as a player, so keyboard warriors, over to you. Constructive criticism, showing annoyance and frustration is one thing but some of the words used, by some of the posters, besides revealing a great deal about them, imo are unnecessarily malicious.

[quote user="Samwam27"]AT least the whingers and moaners no longer need to moan about how cr*p RM is?

Today he proved he can''t defend and now can''t even pass.

Trying a back pass from the f*cking halfway line is demented.

R.I.P. RM. One hopes you have played your last game![/quote]

O let''s all blame RM again shall we - wot about Brady playing their player onside for the first goal and inexplainable heading the ball back right into the danger area which gifted them their winner - O but I suppose that is OK because it''s not RM

Barclay seats 48/49 the 3rd wrote the following post at 2016-01-24 12:40 PM:

I don''t think tat it is necessary to be abusive towards Russell Martin . I saw his immediate reaction while watching the back pass on MOTD........

Yes didn''t we all see his reaction, stood still, hit his head with his right hand in acnowledgeing his appalling mistake, stood still and watched Howson chase down Milner and the ball.

Very professional!

As an experienced defender, perhaps if he''d looked up before trying that pass, he wouldn''t be subject to abuse/comments.

Heck we all post messages on this forum and get castrated for it-Canary One summed it up-Look at the money these footballers are on. I just wish I earnt his kind of money for 90mins football to get that abuse!

I acknowledge he''s been fantastic for this club. I''m not knocking that. That was a catastrophic pass at a crucial point in the game. I''m saying I think we now have players ahead of Martin in the pecking order, and the quicker AN moves onto Klose/Bennett or Bassong as our central pairing the better. We also need leaders on the pitch and imo that''s not Martin!

Samwam,

Comments yes, we all know, as does he, that he made a giant c*ck up, but it''s the abuse that I feel is unnecessary.

Formula 1 racing drivers probably earn a lot more, but they still come of the track, no matter what you do, as a huiman being you will make mistakes, that''s life. If for you a player makes too many then perhaps any comments should be aimed at the manager, because RM always does his best, not good enough for some I accept, but good enough for his manager, well so far anyway.

[quote user="Ray"]Samwam,

Comments yes, we all know, as does he, that he made a giant c*ck up, but it''s the abuse that I feel is unnecessary.

Formula 1 racing drivers probably earn a lot more, but they still come of the track, no matter what you do, as a huiman being you will make mistakes, that''s life. If for you a player makes too many then perhaps any comments should be aimed at the manager, because RM always does his best, not good enough for some I accept, but good enough for his manager, well so far anyway.[/quote]

Ray, don''t target me. There''s comments/abuse/rants posted on here nearly every day, with someone swearing. Or haven''t you noticed. Are you going to post something to every single person on here that vent''s their frustration.

Tried to be ore subjective but clearly you didn;t read that comment either.

If you don''t like it, don''t read it. Every opinion is valid

Samwam,

Wasn''t targeting you, quite the opposite, just picking up on the point you made re abuse, apologies if you felt that.

I agree every opinion is valid, including mine, I just don''t understand why some need to resort to personal attacks.

Martin is a great prem back up defender who covers two positions, a better football player but not as good a stopper as RyBen.

He made one glaring error yesterday, but the defensive team work was unacceptable, not just Martins contribution - who looks as if he has the weight of expected error on his shoulders right now. He doesnt deserve the vitriol but nor would I have him as a regular starter now that we have signed (assumed) better players in his positions.

You could put the dreadful back pass down to a moment of thoughtlessness, and a lack of concentration. He has other deficiencies in the Premiership, however.

He struggles against quick wingers, who glide past him and who go round him with ease because he lacks pace, so we have persevered with him at CB, where he is out jumped by strikers and he loses his position regularly.

I am amazed that AN chose him rather than Bennett, if the latter was fit and available. Bennett is much better in the air and in blocking, and above all accepts that he is a centre back and nor a roving wing back.

Martin has been a great servant to the club, and has scored some good goals, but he is better going forward than defending, as are Whittaker, Pinto and even Olsson. We do not have a good quick defensive fullback, except perhaps Brady, but we need him further forward to work his magic.

Salopian, totally agree. Martin, even Whitts, have all contributed at one point or another.

I think we have a general failing in lack of speed in our defense. AN''s biggest problem appears to be that RM is his captain, and he feels somehow that he has to justify him in the team. Pinto will settle (not judging him or RM on one game!) and one assumes Pinto will make the rb position his own. Time will tell. I think every fan on here agrees rb is Martin''s best position, and I agree with everyone who has said they don''t understand why AN chose him as cb over Bennett.

But he''s the manager, and he tried to justify that by saying he felt RM would cope better. Hindsight is a wonderful thing! AN needs to intill some calm into his defense and ensure they don''t just lose it, in periods of madness that we''ve been prone to all season

The poor guy should never have been given the captaincy, he has enough to think about making sure he plays well. Let alone trying to motivate all around him

RM has been dreadful for years so I find it hard to get angry about yet another pitiful showing from him. What is more alarming is how so many others players - Brady for instance - have become noticeably weaker under AN''s tutelage