Sign in to follow this  
Thetford Yellow

Would it be wrong...

After Saturday lunchtime''s shambles - following hot on the heal''s of other p*** poor efforts - does anyone still seriously think AN is the man to take this club forward, even if, by some miracle, we manage to avoid the drop this year?

I think he is the man to take the club forward. He shows the ability to inspire and motivate and is learning about life in the top league in the UK. He does not tend to make the same mistake twice. He will only get better.

I see you are only about when there is some doom and gloom to cast. How does that work?

Well if he starts a back four of Whittaker, Martin, Bassong & Olsson a week Tuesday, then I''d say definitely not the man to take us forward, but something tells me he''s a good manager and will no doubt not make this mistake.........

Yep he''s here for a while to come and will keep us up, have faith.

I wrote a very eloquent piece in defence of Alex Neil last night (I''d had a drink) but unfortunately the bad behaviour of others on this site appear to have caused that thread to be pulled.
If Sports Desk Pete (if that''s correct) can bring himself to allow the thread, or at least my part in it, to be resurrected I''m sure you would see the error of your ways.
Over to you SDP ....

I''d hoped he wasnt a man to make the same mistake twice but...

3 months ago he played Martin at CB at Newcastle and we know what happened.

a month and a half ago he played Martin at CB vs Everton and we were ripped to shreds for 45 mins, before he brought Bennett on at half time to salvage it

and then yesterday we play Martin at CB.........this isnt people talking in hindsight, as we could foretell what would happen there.

I''m all for people learning .....but the recent team selections/odd substitutions are become a little too frequent to be just brushed off as a young manager learning the game.

There''s a fair amount of money riding on our survival in this league this season by all accounts.......and I wouldnt be quite so certain that we could perform the same immediate return to the Premier League should we get relegated this time around.

If the rumours that Bennett''s wife was indeed having a baby on the day of the Liverpool game, then I would guess he had no choice but to play R.Martin as CB again.

Although he did have Klose who could have played. Perhaps AN didn''t want to risk playing him incase he made a mistake alongside a new defence?

.....we can only go by Alex Neil''s own words fromthe man himself.

he was asked out right by Chris Goreham after the game on Radio Norfolk as to why he''d played Martin at centre half instead of Bennett and he replied that he played him as he thought that he''d be better suited to defending Firmino as opposed to iif Benteke were he playing (how did that one turn out ?!?)

He made no mention of Bennett not being unavailable ..and there was a prefect opportunity to have done so had that have been the case.

[quote user="Victor Romanov"]Wise words Therford you are truly an inspiration to all right minded Canaries[/quote]Another name change i see M''Lud. [;)]

This is awkward. You''re advertising being a pillock in public.

They''ll make you the mayor of Thetford at this rate.