Sign in to follow this  
bringbackchippy

Alex Neil must take the blame

lf what lm hearing that Ryan Bennett was dropped then Alex Neil has yet again cost us a result, its happened too many times for me with his bizarre team selections!!

lm not blaming Russel Martin as hes a ncfc 100%er, but hes simply not good enough.

Klose is a left sided centre half, to risk playing him alongside Bassong, having 2 left sided centre halfs, against liverpool was maybe a big risk. But why drop Bennett in favour of Martin? lts clear for all to see that time and time again he ball watches, dosnt pick up and gives the ball away. Ok Bennett is a bit slow but hes a far better option. lt was simply yet again pantomine defending and how many times has Russel Martin and Bassong cost us points this season. lts Klose and Bennett for me.

We desperately need a Tom Huddlestone in midfield, also someone please come and take Redmond off our hands while hes still worth decent money

Well Alex Neil did say Klose plays both sides in the centre of defence.

He also said he didn''t wanna start Pinto and Klose together as both would be making debuts.

I really don''t know on how many more threads this is going to have to be posted before it sinks in.........Bennett''s wife is having twins at any moment so he was left out of the squad. Nothing more sinister than that and a situation not of the managers doing or making.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Ryan Bennett wasn''t available.

[/quote]

? AN said he was. Not doubting you if you know something so if you do as it would be good to clear up

The message you are replying to: Re: Alex Neil must take the blame

TIL 1010 wrote the following post at 23/01/2016 10:26 PM:

I really don''t know on how many more threads this is going to have to be posted before it sinks in.........Bennett''s wife is having twins at any moment so he was left out of the squad. Nothing more sinister than that and a situation not of the managers doing or making.

I thought AN said he was available?

Bennetts wife maybe having twins but I was having kittens at re end.

I agree he is to blame but what should the punishment be? I am all for chemical castration of Neil

[quote user="bringbackchippy"]l like Ryan Bennett got great potential, but a bit slow[/quote]

People have been saying that since we signed him. He''s 26 in March.

Sorry LDC and TIL, but theres no proof anywhere i can see that Bennett was unavailable today, be it for his wifes pregnancy or anything else.Guys have said putting Martin in was a tactical decision by Alex. Show me a quote from Alex or anyone from NCFC  to the contrary and i ll say ok. It was a tactical decision that went horribly wrong, alas another nail in Martins coffin. Alex is the manager, he will get some decisions wrong, but still would not have any other manager here. He just has to let go of Martin, like he has Whitts, and i mean out the first 11, inc. RB.

TIL 1010 wrote the following post at 23/01/2016 10:26 PM:

"I really don''t know on how many more threads this is going to have to be posted before it sinks in.........Bennett''s wife is having twins at any moment so he was left out of the squad. Nothing more sinister than that and a situation not of the managers doing or making."

All I have heard from AN interviews is that playing Martin at CH was a tactical decision so I''m more inclined to believe what come from the horses mouth.

lake district canary wrote the following post at 2016-01-24 2:23 AM:

Ryan Bennett wasn''t available.

HE WAS!

AN has stated that he preferred Martin for this particular game because he thought ''he could do a job on Firmino'' as Benteke wasn''t playing.

And we all know where that got us!

AN said quite clearly on Canary Call that Martin was preferred to Bennett as he felt he would be better at coping

with Firmino''s movement. So there you have it straight from the horses mouth - it''s available on iplayer.

Nothing about Bennett''s wife having twins.

Yes, Alex Neil must - and will - be accountable for yesterday. The same way that he is accountable for the good things this season (e.g. the performance against Man Utd, the change in tactics against Swansea et. al.)He''s the manager. I''m sure he''s more than aware of his responsibilities.Glad we had this talk......

I think it is time to bin Neil yes the happy clappers will mention the play off final, the promotion, beating man Utd at old Trafford, the fact that we have largely been out of the relegation zone all season, we beat the scum in the semi final

Putting all that aside we must focus on the Newcastle result and the Liverpool at home.

Balancing all that he must go and be replaced by Paul Lambert

I think Alex has put too much faith in the players that got him promoted. While that''s commendable most of us fans knew that the players weren''t good enough for the prem. Alex now knows this and must make the changes. You can''t keep blaming individual errors.

I''m really hoping Klose is the leader we''ve been crying out for or without further reinforcements we''ll be relegated. Any mix of Bennett, Martin and Bassong have proven they''re not good enough. Not one voice between them, organising and sorting our defensive line. we get pulled all over the place and give such simple goals away.

On a side note I think people have been a bit harsh on Pinto. Debut in this league and country. I think he''ll turn out a good player.

Talk of binning Neil is wrong, he is worth persevering with but he has got quite a lot wrong this season and for me the "inexperience" excuse is starting to wear thin so he needs to stop making these errors and concentrate on getting our best, settled side on the pitch for the rest of the season.

That playing Martin with Bassong at centre back (especially in a game where we had few options in midfield to protect them) might prove unwise is not something fans are saying with the benefit of hindsight. i''m not sure you would have found a single fan before the game who would have gone with the same pairing because we can all see, very clearly with our own eyes that combination is not good enough and in particular that Martin is not up to it as a CB at this level. You do not need to be an experienced manager or even have managerial "experience" to see that so for Neil to see it as a potential tactic when we are more than half way through the season is a worry.

He''s had enough time to get used to this division and to work out which players are up to it. Of course he will not get everything right every week, some teams will simply be better than us and some attempted things will not come off but going back to a combination that has proven to be flawed cannot be excused on the basis of experience. That was a big opportunity on saturday and in part it was chucked away due to the manager''s selection.

As average as he''s been so far Mulumbu at CM also seemed a no brainer to me, at least at 3-2 anyway.

Bennetts actually pretty decent with his feet he just needs to learn to make the simple pass and I definitely agree with keeping the same back line it just unsettles the side and mistakes are going to keep happening. The whole klose thing is pretty silly reasoning anyway, is 1 game really going to make much difference? if he was fit enough to make the bench ahead of Bennett what was he going to do if one of the centre backs got injured in the first 5 minutes?

On a different note id still rather see Brady left midfield and olsson left back. Much more effective combination as Brady doesn''t have the freedom to go forward with the likes of hoolahan ahead of him