Sign in to follow this  
Thetford Yellow

Leave RM alone

RM has been dreadful for years so I find it hard to get angry about yet another pitiful showing from him. What is more alarming is how so many others players - Brady for instance - have become noticeably weaker under AN''s tutelage

I find it very easy to get angry about Russell Martin. That man gets paid anywhere from 20 to 30 thousand pounds per week, over 1 million pounds per year yet it seems ok that he can make mistakes week after week after week with no repercussions.

In any other career path a man who repeatedly makes mistakes would been sacked. BUT because its only football and Martin is a lovely guy its all forgotten about.

I see Thetford Yellow is now trying to say Brady is coming apart at the seams thanks to Alex Neil''s management on another thread.

"Thetford chews up and spits out scum like you on a daily basis."

Too right we do.

[quote user="Yellow Green Army"]I find it very easy to get angry about Russell Martin. That man gets paid anywhere from 20 to 30 thousand pounds per week, over 1 million pounds per year yet it seems ok that he can make mistakes week after week after week with no repercussions.

In any other career path a man who repeatedly makes mistakes would been sacked.
BUT because its only football and Martin is a lovely guy its all forgotten about.[/quote]
I''m getting fed up of this pathetic cliche comment being used.
First, how about you analyse the situation. In any other career path, if a manager regularly chooses the same employee to do a job the way the manager wants him to do it, it''s incredibly unlikely the manager is going to sack him for doing as asked.

HOGESAR thats the point.

The employee (Martin) is not doing what the manager (Neil) wants him to do after repeatedly giving him chances to prove himself. Mistake after mistake after mistake is unacceptable in any career path and for you not to agree with that speaks volumes.

Of course the manager is not going to sack Martin but drop him he will. Once that happens I can see no way back for Martin if we do survive in the premier league. Get relegated then Martin will stay, stay up and we will see Martin move on to pastures new eventually.

Agree about RM but Brady???

Without his brilliant tackling throughout the game Liverpool would''ve been out of sight way before the end. These timely tackles were not all shown on MOTD but those at the game were continually applauding his play.

If we do get relegated. Which obviously is a possibility then keeping Martin will still be an error. He has been poor for a long time now - barely good enough for the Championship last season and should have been nowhere near the starting line up this season. However due to our summer transfer activity (lack of it) in this key area we needed to strenghten he has still been getting regular starts and our league position and goals against tally is testiment enough to show this.

Totally accept that he isn''t solely at fault for our defensive short comings as defending is a team function - not just the back 4 (missing both Tetty and Oneil on saturday was a massive reason for our capitulation - Jonny Howson is just too lightweight for that central midfield role and Dorrans can''t do it all on his own) but he is in my view the weakest option of those available and has been for along time.

Keep him on in a support role if we get relegated - but if we want to get promoted again he must not be anywhere near the starting 11 (or subs)