Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

Did pinto have a nightmare ?

No he absolutely didn''t have a nightmare. Yes, he was out of position for their second goal, but apart from that he was pretty good.

It was his first game in a new team in a new League in a new country. Overall a promising debut.

Put it this way. Imagine if Whittaker had been Pinto today.

He didn''t have the best game defensively but none of them did and it was his first game for us and in the PL.

I still wonder about wing backs. Pinto and Brady. With three at the back.

He was decent to good in attack, absolute horror show in defense. It was more than the 3rd goal. He was marking no one 95% of the time during the game. Good things: He has pace, dribbling skills and is tricky. Didn''t cross the ball very well and isn''t afraid of a tackle but he''s a bit reckless and constantly out of position. We''ll see, wasn''t a nightmare but wasn''t good.

No he didn''t have a nightmare.

He got caught for pace a bit early on, maybe he was expecting a bit more cover from Redmond, out of position a bit but he did OK.

It''s a big change and challenge for a player at a new club, different team mates, in a different league, country etc, but taking all that into account he did well.

Whittaker would have been slated for it. Martin probably would have been too.

But it''s early days for the lad.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]An intriguing debut.[/quote]

THIS. Too early to tell, seeing as he''s playing a defensive position there were more bad signs than good, but there were positives. Def. showed signs may be decent when/if he adapts.

Steve McManaman said on the commentary that Pinto''s defensive position was awful and he seemed to be relying on his pace to get him out of trouble. he''ll nee to learn and adapt pretty quickly.

today will have been a harsh lesson for him. but i''m confident he''ll improve.

Maybe he is used to playing with a better CB than R Martin

I thought pinto did well going forward but why wasn''t the captain telling him to calm it a little keep in position

if he did he should have been shouting at him to keep shape and not go wandering

this is about pinto not martin but anyone else think martin was going to his left more leaving a gap between him and pinto ?

No not a nightmare, but either was it a great debut for right back, but he showed enough to say he does bring extra pace and capable of getting stuck in, hopefully he will adapt quickly to the PL.

It was a poor introduction to PL football. He pushed too high at times and he was def to blame for two goals. Apart from the he played ok I thought. He has the ability to work in the PL, just quickly needs to understand you cant fly forward willy-nilly.

Always was gonna be a tough debut with Redmond as defensive cover and Martin next to him.

He was out of position for the first goal too. His defensive headers across our 25 yard line was fairly strange.

Too early to judge whether he''s an improvement or not

Was good for 60 mins but then started to flag should have been substituted at that point result may have been different

Thought he looked reasonable today, was exposed by the winger and the centreback he was playing with, but also needs to adjust to the PL. Not saying he had a blinder or a stinker, but showed enough promise for me to feel hopeful

Great potential but Wisdom should have started. At least he knows the pace now though.

Brady was immense for 94 minutes and then decided to head the ball back into the mixer instead of putting it out for a corner which would have signalled the final whistle... OUCH!!!

Recall what Ivo had said early after his move, about Zagreb always winning everything, even after 1st match they knew it was comfort zone, they would win everything, so it was the norm, to just bomb forward etc etc. He also said coming to the Premier was all about learning, adapting, improving. Thats why he came of course. Well the best way to improve, learn, adapt is by being out there, playing the games, today was his very first taste. Keep him there at RB, let him make mistakes, thats how he will learn and adjust. Who cares what tv and radio  pundits think of a guy after 1 game, they aint NCFC fans anyway. Miggs was about right, intriguing debut, def. not a nightmare.

Not entirely but he fell apart along with the rest of the back 5 after 65 mins. Promising tho and I know h can do better than that.

Seems we have another Whittaker.

Good with ball with good speed and poor on positioning and defense .

Pinto look like is more right wing than right back or at least not right back for team who defend most of time in his matches.

Sure Dynamo Zagreb play much different and he must learn quick.

I not believe too much on Portuguese players they are not good tactically and not smart enough.Despite Christiano and Nani not many shine on EPL.

Over all I see also problems come that so many players after 60 min lost confidence(Martin,Pinto,Rudd) and so many was tired after ht because not fully fit o coz not played from long time(Naismith,Pinto)also Howson and Redmind struggle to help enough