Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Lafferty finally on his way?

Evans was asked about available cash by LUTV. Said he''s got access to the Byram money and more.

Late change for the presser - Evans assistant Paul Raynor doing it. Evans at ER to speak with Cellino about transfers.

Paul Raynor at today''s press conference - confirmed that Leeds have two written offers in for players. Evans meeting with Cellino now.

Raynor said he was hopeful that the club might be able to announce something transfer-wise today or tomorrow. Said these are permanent deals

I hope it happens, for all parties concerned.Theres a very mean spirited part of me that can''t wait for the moment realise they have been conned[:D]

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]If he goes, he could turn out to be a bit of a cult hero for them, with his ''reputation'' on and off the field.[/quote]He''s always been a bit of a cult Crabby. [:D]

Now they''ve got around 4 million to play with, our squad players are undoubtedly better than most of their first 11 and considering AN and Evans are friends we could view Leeds as a good club to offload a few fringe players to. For reasonable fees of course!

I could see them being in for Whittaker as well looking at their right back situation. i''d sell Andreu for a million as well if offered, he isn''t getting infront of Hoolahan/Naismith/Vadis.

They''ve got their fingers in many pies right now, so don''t be so sure it''s Lafferty.

Leeds fans have long has their fill of City, taking so many of their so called great guys like Howson, Becchio, Bradley Johnson and others, this is us saying ok Leeds here is your chance, Laffs and Whitts are ready to even things up a bit, and by the way, they are awesome players and we will miss them hugely

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Crabbycanary3"]If he goes, he

could turn out to be a bit of a cult hero for them, with his

''reputation'' on and off the field.[/quote]He''s always been a bit of a cult Crabby. [:D][/quote][quote user="Nicko"]They''ve got their fingers in many pies right now, so don''t be so sure it''s Lafferty.[/quote]This is Leeds we''re talking about - the love cults up there - just look at WACCOE. [:D]Yep, it''s Leeds - Perfect. [B] 

The sad thing for me is that Kyle looks now to be staying here, he is even more the forgotten striker of NCFC now that Hoops and Grabban have gone, and the guy desperately needs game time to help his euro finals chances. Feel for him a lot, Alex is adamant he can only go on a permanent, yet seemingly no other club  suitable enough are prepared to take that on. He seems stuck in the middle, with no way to get game time. He deserves better than that.

He''ll go to the euro''s regardless, even he doesn''t play another minute between now and the end of the season, who else have Northern Ireland got? whether he''ll be match fit is another thing.

In Transfer Window terms, there''s loads of times for deals to be concluded. I cannot see him being here by this time next week. No proof, just instinct

[quote user="Darth Bor"]He deserves what he gets, no more and no less. We owe him nothing.[/quote] Thats a very straight to the point summing up of a player. Does that apply to every player Darth or just Lafferty?  So like RM deserved a full appearance on Saturday because thats what he got?I enjoy to opinionate about players, wether they play or not. Yes Laffs is contracted and prolly earns a decent whack, but my opinion is he desperately wants to play football but is not getting the chance, so i can understand his frustration.

I remember a similar situation occurred with a player under Lambert.

Lambert basically said: "he''s free to go, it''s up to him and his agent to sort out a move."

This would appear to be the situation with Lafferty.