Sign in to follow this  
DEB (never forgotten)

Whittaker

Leeds, QPR and Bristol City rumoured. Would make sense this, Whitts is hardly likely to be Alexs no.1 again, so with his contract in its last few months he could be useful in the Champs im sure, also it would free a slot in the 25 squad.

he would be a great signing who would improve just about any championship club

I would be really sorry to see him go, he suffered a bit with having a winger in front of him, instead of a right midfielder. And as we have seen, all our right backs get caught out down that side.

Struggled in the premiership under Hughton. Fair enough he played a lot for us last year, as his defensive flaws weren''t picked on so much in the championship. Was very surprised we didn''t sign a new right back in the summer transfer window (Wisdom a halfway house) as I always saw it a weakness last time around...

[quote user="Darth Bor"]This would leave our squad light of a whipping boy, although Martin can fill in for now.
[/quote]There, there. I''m sure you will still be able to find some posts to continue whine about.

[quote user="Bradwell canary"]

Give me palpitations similar the the one I get when Bassong is on the ball.[/quote]

Yeah but that''s more about you than it is about them.

I don''t get worried like that.

[quote user="Bradwell canary"]Hope so, he has never been at the level to cut it in the PL.

Give me palpitations similar the the one I get when Bassong is on the ball.[/quote]

I don''t see Whittaker like that - he''s fairly assured on the ball...

I think Whitts is decent enough, certainly not too much of a worry when he''s in possession, he just doesn''t quite have the pace of some he''s up against (any more) if he loses it or is in a chase.

[quote user="Darth Bor"]This would leave our squad light of a whipping boy, although Martin can fill in for now.
[/quote]

Oh there''s plenty left - Redmond, Martin, Olsson, even Ruddy. Redmond''s my favourite to get the wrath if he gets less than a hat trick on Saturday.

Can see Wisdom being sent back early, and Whittaker staying as cover for Martin / Pinto, the only concern with Whitts is he gets turned to easy, otherwise quite confident, could always revert to midfield in an emergency ;-)

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Can see Wisdom being sent back early, and Whittaker staying as cover for Martin / Pinto, the only concern with Whitts is he gets turned to easy, otherwise quite confident, could always revert to midfield in an emergency ;-)[/quote]

I seem to recall he did have an outing in midfield, such a great success he never played there again. The only time I truly felt sorry for him. Taken off early as well.

sw is good at going forward and quite assured on the ball, certainly a league above Russ. He is caught for pace defensively in the pl tho. Be a great addition to any championship side.

sw is good at going forward and quite assured on the ball, certainly a league above Russ. He is caught for pace defensively in the pl tho. Be a great addition to any championship side. Wish him well if he does go,gave us his best.

[quote user="alartz"]steven whittaker and russell martin both need to go to the scottish premier league or league 1.

both useless defenders and thats where they belong[/quote]''Useless'' is your favourite adjective, isn''t it?Reminds me of you calling Alex Neil a ''useless c**t'' and saying he should be sacked. Still waiting for you to offer even one name who we could get in as a replacement. You''ve had quite a lot of thinking time, and still nothing.Still, I accept that thinking isn''t your strong point, so I''ll happily wait a little longer.

Oh yeah, I forgot that he was actually a real person with an actual job and at least one friend. Go alartz! You the man!