Sign in to follow this  
Essjayess

The Window...A Week To Go..

Ok so this time next week the Jan. window will be slammed shut. Alex mentioned he would like to do 1 or 2 bits of business, so thoughts on what positions take priority, and who he may be lining up for said positions?I find it hard to know whats the most urgent, more strengthening in defence or midfield or up front.

Personally I think Mbokani is good enough to be our main striker for the season so I would not want us to waste the loan slot that we have free on anyone but a striker unless we are buying someone better than him - e.g. it would be a terrible move to buy Gayle for example.

The money that we do have I hope will be spent on either a CB or a defensive midfielder.

So in: loan a striker, buy a defensive player of PL quality.

Out: Laffs

Is Andreu still out on loan or has he come back?

Far as i know he came back, hard to tell sometimes as hes one of our "silent" players i.e. hes a City player but you would hardly know he exists. I agree Laffs deserves a move, for his own sake, hes getting  nothing at this club, but seem like no suitable club wants him permanently signed.Defence wise would be good to shift Whitts out, i guess another CB, even a loan, would be useful, anything to push RM further down the pecking order. I agree Mbok  looks a good prospect for the run in now he has Naisy to help .Just wonder if Alex is thinking longer term in the striker dept. and swooping for a perm. striker costing big money.Honestly, after the Liverpool match im now much more confused than just last week even what City could do with the most.

If one looks through the press coverage it looks like we''re interested in:
Defence: Yohan Benalouane (Leicester) - loan
Midfield: Oscar Hiljemark (Palermo) - buy
Attack: Miame Biram Diouf (Stoke) -loan 
and perhaps still hoping for a change of heart from Sebastien Haller (Utrecht) - buy.
Clearly can''t be more than one loan and a Benalouane loan move to Norwich is being widely reported.
It''s gone quiet on Hiljemark and there''s no apparent move from Haller, who may have blotted his copybook with AN anyway.

Benalouane just a rumour from an Italy source so avoid at all cost. Palermo guy, think hes  pretty comfortable there actually.Haller, well his agent said all that was to be said, so move on, Alex said unlikely anyway. Diouf, unknown, reports Hughes will insist on keeping him at all costs, just as he did with Walters  in the Summer when it was reported we wanted him.

Pato finalising loan move to Chelsea, so Remy might be a more realistic option now.

Curtis Davis contract expires in summer. Still think he''s a solid defender????

Davis is ok but hes 31 in March, think we can do better. At this present time theres no real long lasting significant linkage to any player like there was with Naismith.  Apart from maybe Bamford, thats been running  awhile now, looks the most gettable.Some crazy Italian source called Blasting News say  city scouts were at Serie B side Crotone, watching Bruno Martella, a solid young left midfielder. Never even heard of the football club, never mind the player.