Sign in to follow this  
The Great Drinkell

would you really prefer mid table obscurity?

Isn''t football about excitement and the highs and lows ( well supporting a team like Norwich)

Mid table obscurity may give a chance of a cup run I suppose but as we are out of these for this season isn''t it better to have the excitement of avoiding relegation? or would you really prefer to be sitting 12th with little chance of Europe and no excitement left at this time of the season?

Mid table ''obscurity'' in the Prem means you are one of the 30 richest clubs in the world. Wouldn''t mind that to be honest.

Mid table ''obscurity'' means being able to sign players like Cabaye, Shaqiri, Andre Ayew - sounds pretty good to me.

If we were mid table that would mean we would have witnessed many more wins and better performances.

Watching footballers crumble under the pressure of being relegated isn''t exciting.

I love the ride, it seems to have become the Norwich way. Loved last season, am enjoying this one, moan and groan all you like but its always interesting being a City fan.

Who in the Prem isn''t having an exciting/interesting season?

The only team I can think of is West Brom and that is largely due to having Pulis in charge. Everyone else has something exciting going on, whether it is big name signings, cup adventures, record points total in sight or unlikely scrap for European qualification.

The real boring life comes for the teams in 12th in the Championship - basically Norwich from 1996 - 2001 - that is something I would never want to return to. ''Yay, we''ve signed Jason f**king Jarret!''

Nah, give me ''obscurity'' in the Prem (not that any Prem team is obscure) over that any day of the week.

I''m enjoying it while I still can, as I''m not sure how much longer we can continue bobbing in and out of the Premier League. A long spell in the Championship could be just around the corner.

Couldn''t agree more Alartz but all these teams had lots of money behind them.. yes even Leicester this season.

as for who''s having a boring season this season look no further than old Trafford and they are moaning like hell.

Would be nice to blood some young local blood though. maybe we could afford to do this if we gained MTO -

Boring for Man Utd fans. Hilarious for everyone else.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Who in the Prem isn''t having an exciting/interesting season?

The only team I can think of is West Brom and that is largely due to having Pulis in charge. Everyone else has something exciting going on, whether it is big name signings, cup adventures, record points total in sight or unlikely scrap for European qualification.

The real boring life comes for the teams in 12th in the Championship - basically Norwich from 1996 - 2001 - that is something I would never want to return to. ''Yay, we''ve signed Jason f**king Jarret!''

Nah, give me ''obscurity'' in the Prem (not that any Prem team is obscure) over that any day of the week.[/quote]

Exactly. Its a scary thought dropping out of the prem after working so hard to get there. A decade of championship football could always be round the corner, and from experience we know thats very dull and an awful prospect.

Mid table prem is our aim. A decade in prem would be an unprecedented success. Mid table would bring some famous wins along with the losses. Bettrr than scrapping at the foot of the table. We would also attract the next level of player.

Would be bloomin great

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I don''t know about "just around the corner" 93v. It was still over 40 miles away last time I looked....[/quote]That''s 40 miles where you don''t have to worry about your luggage being nicked on the train back from London. As soon as you''re out of Ipswich station you''re safe to go get a coffee and bag of kettle chips.