Sign in to follow this  
pete

Bamford signing good if it comes off

Especially should we fail to survive, which hopefully won''t happen. But may well be the case if so he will strengthen the team for a Championship promotion push. Relegation will require team rebuilding with a number of the better players with expiring contracts. A proven scorer at that level together with Jerome is essential.

Again hope it won''t happen but must be realistic.

Have to agree with that Herman. A number of clubs in recent years seem to have been buying for extinction.

Portsmouth, Leeds, QPR and Bolton being just three that come to mind.

My point OldRobert was that we are being sensible and planning for SURVIVAL - while they were so reckless in their dealings that they were risking EXTINCTION.

I only made the comparison to highlight the difference in approach between us and them.

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]My point OldRobert was that we are being sensible and planning for SURVIVAL - while they were so reckless in their dealings that they were risking EXTINCTION.

I only made the comparison to highlight the difference in approach between us and them.[/quote]Fair enough Thirsty..................[:)]

Definitely a player who on paper should become a good Premiership player, but he reminds me a lot of Landsbury, might never actually fulfil his potential.

If the figure touted are true I''m not sure he''s worth the risk, on the flip side I genuinely feel Norwich is the right team for him to settle in and fall in love with, I''d be happy with Bamford but not at 8-10 million!