Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

How long before the binners next beat us?

Nutty, I put both threads up to let the believers, and the non-believers, have their own space and ''debate'' it amongst their ''own'', and to dilute the inevitable pathetic, extreme conflict.

It''s going to be a long time.

I''m just guessing here but I''d suggest that the next time we''ll play them will be in some form of Fundraiser.

Think about it - we''re already relegated, and they''re flying high under ''Magic Mick''.

The £120 million cheque we received at the end of the playoff final has already been earmarked for McNally''s end of season bonus. This means that we''ll inevitably have the lowest budget in the Champs next season. We will have to sell our entire squad to keep paying RVW''s wages.

On the bright side Russ Martin will promise to play for free - so long as he can be CB.

Relegation the League One will be swift. We''ll be down by Christmas (we always are). Meanwhile, the Binners will be 10 points clear at the top of the Prem being lauded for the Tica-Taca 2.0 they''re playing.

Our League One campaign will start brightly following the appointment of Neil Lennon - but will tail off. Ipswich''s Champions League campaign started slowly, but following their demolition of Barcelona they go into the knockout stages as one of the favourites.

Lack of TV money, falling gate receipts and far fewer sausage rolls being sold mean that we just can''t compete among the big-boys of League One. We wimper to a third straight relegation.

League Two starts badly with the board admitting that they "Aren''t going to show any ambition" - and gets worse with a resurgent Torquay United send us down to Conference on the last day of the season. Meanwhile Freddie Sears is rightly being hailed as the new Messi as he wins he second consecutive Ballon d''Or.

Fast forward a few years and the biggest game of the season at a crumbling Carrow Road is a Norfolk derby between league leaders King''s Lynn and minnows Norwich City. In the professional game however - RedBull Ipswich have just secured their third Western Conference title in the European Super League and head into the Champions Cup in fine form.

Two weeks after the final, a RedBull Ipswich 11 will travel to Carrow Road as part of fundraiser. The aim is to raise enough to install new sausage roll warmers.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]If they played us tomorrow they''d beat us. Especially if Russell Martin was playing.[/quote]Quite agree as Alex Neil is out of his depth and his team selections and tactics show. Don''t get me started on the comparison with our back room staff and Terry Connor. The Binners have a manager with a proven pedrigree unlike us. They have not got a failed politician as chairman and have not got some kid fresh out of nappies waiting in the wings to takeover.Their transfer policy is street ahead of ours as we pay multi millions for players who cannot even get in the side in front of the likes Bassong and Martin but they pick up gems on loans and free transfers.How on earth we beat them over two legs in the play offs is beyond me.Just for the avoidance of doubt by the way i am not Thetford Yellow.

Love your post "Level 14 Binslayer", [Y]While we are signing expensive flops like Naismith, Klose and Pinto, they have signed Digby on loan from Bradford and are about to sign 32-year-old free agent Jerome Thomas. How can we compete with that? That''s the difference between having an experienced manager and a novice. While we are throwing money down the drain and sliding into oblivion, they are shrewdly building a team that will compete at the very top.No wonder Bowkett walked out.

Also worth remembering that they would undoubtedly beat us because they''ve got a more illustrious history (and three stars on their badge to prove it).

Not that they ever mention it of course.

Jerome Thomas will be their spearhead.

A man of undoubted talent with a wealth of Premier League experience. An absolute bargain. It''s that kind of ambitious signing which only a Chairman with Marcus Evans'' footballing nous can pull off.

What has our new Chairman ''achieved'' - Ivo Pinto?! Give me strength. You can tell we''ve got a dud in Pinto because on Twitter he uses #GoCanaries not #OTBC.

Delia out.

[quote user="Darth Bor"]Sadly their promotion is inevitable this season, as is our relegation. We need to hope for a cup draw to even play them again.[/quote]I presume you''ll be putting at least £20 on that then. You should get a good return !!