Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

How Many think we will stay up ?

15 games left and on a knife edge. Our decline in form since the Southampton game has unfortunately coincided with other clubs picking up form and results and Newcastle spending cash like it has gone out of fashion.

The manner of our defeat on saturday could leave scars for some time to come especially if we get a good thumping against Spurs. We need a good performance against Spurs to give confidence going into the crucial fixture v Villa and other "winnable " fixtures.

I am not confident we can stay up indeed on balance looking at the other sides think we will be one of the bottom 3. That said we have the potential to stay up but we have run out of chances to drop silly points, miss easy chances and gift silly goals. The good spell over the festive period came as a surprise but we and other clubs have shown if you have a little good run you can pull away for a period.

we need 15 points or so which we are more than capable of getting and Naismith does look to have a big part to play.

Anything against Spurs is a bonus but we really need to win at Villa now and anything less would be a disaster that i would doubt we could bounce back from. Win and it not only gives us points but a platform to move forward on. It does look a battle between the bottom 6 and we need a big change in performances and results to save our skins

Yes, I think we have the quality... Even if from 60 minutes plus we looked like headless chickens.

I''m more looking at the Christmas period and the form we were capable of before we signed the already effective looking Naismith and hopefully the step in class of Klose.

It will be close, but teams like Bournmouth, Swansea and west Brom are far from being out of it. In fact look at Bournmouths run in and you start to understand how grabbans last minute miss at Sunderland could be huge... They can''t afford to drop points against the bottom 3.

It''s going to be squeaky Yorkshire. So many variables at the moment and this window, who we sign, how good they actually are and how quickly they can gel will be the deciding factor IMO.

I know AN has said he won''t react to individual games but after Saturday there must be a massive question about bringing in decent cover for Tettey. I had been convinced we needed a centre half, a striker and a right back but a defensive midfielder now must surely be added to that list.

The other big question is how we react to Saturday, is AN going to go back into his shell and play a more defensive structure, it''s a question of whether we can find the balance.

My heart tells me we will just do enough to stay up, I still have faith in AN and remain confident that he will have learned from his recent experience and will find the right tactical blend for us going forward.

At the start of the season my thoughts were that NCFC were in for a long old slog. There would be a few humiliations, but also a couple of unexpected ''giant-killings''. I thought that we''d dally with the bottom three more than once but, in the end, we''d be safe with a game to go and finish between 14th and 16th.

I still think this.

Confident? No. But very optimistic about our chances if klose can solidify the back four.

The tweaks at rcb and rlb show that the manager had no confidence in those players as he struggled to find a decent combination. Finding a settled back four is hard mid season but essential. Tighten up here and we survive well.

Also less inconsistency from for midfielders, responsibility in doing the defensive graft, not just tettey, and that finger goes far beyond Redmond.

We have the required attacking threat and the home games to get the points we need, and there are 5 other clubs in the mix.

For the first time this season I regretfully register a "NO"

Too many mistakes by manager and players. So many points thrown away,,

Naismith seems our best hope. Klose may be too. Pinto? is this really a time to allow a foreign full-back time to adapt?

Rather use Whitts. or RM

Perhaps RM has had his day. at CD. at last.

Thin lines exist.

So is that a Yes or a No from you Yorkshire?!!

Me? I say ''Yes'', because I think we have the components to get this fine Team of ours, enough points to stay up, as opposed to what others have. Simple!

My opinion is the same as in August.It will be very close at the bottom and we will be in that mix.I still hope there will be three below us but its a hope more than a prediction.

After a summer spent congratulating ourselves on scraping out of the Championship and designing new kits rather than adding to our obviously deficient squad, relegation has always been inevitable. Shame some of you didn''t realise this 7 months ago

Depends. If the fans are behind the team then yes, we''ll be fine. If not, we''ll go down. We have a big part to play in this.

It depends on a few factors.The main ones being -- Whether we sign anybody else this window-

If AN can stop over tinkering.  A settled back four is vital.  Don''t

drop somebody, just because the computer says (or someone thinks or some

theory suggests) player z should be better against player x, especially

with regards the defence and even more so when player y has been doing

ok.  Don''t just immediately drop somebody just because we lose or

because they may have a bit of an off game.  We need a settled back

four!  - Play Brady in midfield (& therefore Olsson at LB), he is wasted at LB and no better than Olsson there.- Do not play RM again, certainly not at CB.  -

Make in game tactical changes and substitutions based on what can

actually be seen with your own eyes AN.  Not based on pre-planned or

pre-determined scenarios dreamt up in theory and churned out of a

computer using some algorithm.  In game tactical changes and

substitutions have been poor at best (and that is being kind).- Address the issue of why we are conceding more late goals than anybody else and why we run less than other teams.

Got to keep believing we can, that''s what supporting your team is all about, surely ?.

I am under no illusions that its by no means a given, there are a lot of variables (as there was at start of the season, and as there probably will be with 6 games to go), yes we could do with adding more quality to the squad, but more importantly as NBS pointed out we need a settled back 4, with Olsson at LB, hopefully Klosse will add something as will Pinto.

Will be at as many games as I can, believing we will stay up until mathematically impossible. COYY

Before the season began I thought it was 50:50. As the season has progressed I''ve thought it was 50:50. At the moment I think it''s 50:50.

Strap yourself in for highs and lows and nail biting tension and support the team.

My view hasn''t changed, after the summer dealings I didn''t think we had enough quality for the manager to work with, my prediction is still relegation.

If AN finally decides what our strongest starting 11 is (and sticks to it), stops trying to fit square pegs into round holes, appoints a new Captain who is capable of organising things on the pitch and the players can stop themselves from doing stuoid things then we have a good chance of survival.We must get the "talk talk talk" & "think think think" sorted out though.

Hope we can pretty certain we wont , starting the season with a poor Championship defence at this level was always going to turn out this way ,add to that how weak our strikers are and its a miracle we are even still in with a small chance of staying up . One week of the window left and our striking options are a Loanee , Jerome or Lafferty , not much there to fire a team to safety and who are we linked with in that department ? all i can see is a totally unproven Bamford .Looking at the remaining home fixtures we really need a couple of away wins but they have always been a rare thing at this level and an away game for Norwich usually means a home win on the coupon .Who would bank on City winning at a slowly improving Villa ? its a must win really but a long way from a banker 3 points .Think in the end it will come down to City or Bournemouth and although we look better on paper they appear better on grass .

When we got relegated in 2013-14 we finished with 33 points, we scored 28 goals we conceded 62.we had a goal difference of - 34 and we finished in 18th place.Thsi season we are on course to finish with 38 points, to score 46 goals, to concede 71 and have a goal difference of - 25. In that relegation season such a performance would (all over things being equal) have seen us finish 16th.

My prediction since august has not changed, I think we will be relegated. I admit we have done well to get this far with a point a game, spending the majority of our time outside the relegation zone, it at least gives us a chance of avoiding the drop, unlike poor Villa. Unfortunately we find ourselves with too many weaknesses in the team that can be adequately covered or fixed in the January window, we just didn''t get enough done in the summer really.

AN has made far too many changes week in week out. Still after 6 months has no idea of his best side. All the rubbish he spouts about changing the team to combat the opposition is a backward step. Let them worry about us especially at home.

Lost our Premiership status August September and October

It''s in the managers hands. I believe we have enough to get the results we need, just. Going to be close and no more moronic team selections.

I would say yes, but mainly due to the fact that there are so many other clubs in a similar position to us.

I still feel that Villa and Sunderland will go for sure (despite a bit of a turn around for them both of late) and the last spot will be one of us, Newcastle, Swasnea, Bournemouth with WBA and Watford flirting but having done enough to not be in any real danger. People keep saying about Newcastle spending lots but they''ve only actually signed 2 players, neither of which are strikers and that is their real problem (25% of their goals this season came against us!)

I am confident that we will finish above Villa and Sunderland. I think Newcastle will pull clear – whether with McClaren or with a ''new boss honeymoon'', they have enough quality to fire themselves to safety. Essentially, then, ''all'' we need to do is finish above either Swansea, Bournemouth or West Brom. I think we''ll do it, but it''ll be extremely close.

i think we need to spend another 10-12 million on another centre back, id prefer another striker but think we have goals in the squad when we really attack teams, our biggest problem is sitting back and trying to defend, because the quality (or lack of) of bassong/martin/bennett fails us every time

i wont like to see city relegated but as long we actually go out with attacking style and attempting to win games and not like the gutless cowardly negative effort we gave it last time it wont  be as bad