Sign in to follow this  
firststeps

Sterling/Redmond comparison

Watching Sterling tonight. Very similar player to Redmond, in and out of the game, lazy at tracking back, don''t put challenges in, show flashes of brilliance.

Only difference is, Sterling has made it, Redmond HASN''T, he needs to pull his finger out!!!!

If he''s peaked we should get rid of him.  Why not swap him for Gayle and Jedinak? Perhaps even with a couple of million coming our way too! Yeah, let''s do it!!! [:|]

Lessingham. Surprised to see you describe Redmond as petulant.

Looked up his career record and he''s played 118 club games. Been booked only 7 times and never been sent off.

I really don''t see him as a petulant player at all. Why do you describe him as such?

wcorkcanary wrote the following post at 27/01/2016 9:46 PM:

Sterling is way ahead of Redmond, who, i am beginning to fear, has peaked.

--------------------------

lol

Thirsty wrote

"I really don''t see him as a petulant player at all. Why do you describe him as such? "

Not because of his disciplinary record, just the way he constantly seems to moan, at team mates, the bench, even with supporters last saturday, not sure if that was widely picked up? haven''t seen it mentioned anywhere. Certainly not taking anything away from his ability, probably got the best feet and ball control at the club, still think he has a lot to give, if he can improve his decision making......... and not be so petulant ? does that clarify ?

Sterling`s first thought is to make a forward movement and make something happen.Redmond`s first thought is to stop and pass on responsibility to someone else to make something happen.

Club games played (all comps)

Redmond c190 Sterling c160

Goals scored

Redmond 20 Sterling 32

Sterling 9 months younger than Redmond, made his debut at 17yrs 107 days, Redmond at 16yrs 173 days

Redmond''s career spans approx 5yrs 6mths, Sterling''s 3yrs 10mths

Hope this helps?

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Thirsty wrote

"I really don''t see him as a petulant player at all. Why do you describe him as such? "

Not because of his disciplinary record, just the way he constantly seems to moan, at team mates, the bench, even with supporters last saturday, not sure if that was widely picked up? haven''t seen it mentioned anywhere. Certainly not taking anything away from his ability, probably got the best feet and ball control at the club, still think he has a lot to give, if he can improve his decision making......... and not be so petulant ? does that clarify ?[/quote]

I noticed this and does show he''s aware of the critisism and that its playing on his mind. A number of fans in the city stand berated him for losing the ball too easily and not fighting to win it back and he turned to them and shouted f*** off. A confidence player that''s all too aware he''s losing the fans. To be fair to him I thought he did put the effort in on sat and showed flashes of what he can do, unfortunately its too few and far between for some fans.

I don''t blame him for having a go at some of the fans. There''s a bloke by me who is constantly on his case, if I was Redmond I would jump over the barrier and give him a Kung fu kick.

Redmond is not in the same bracket as Sterling , and I am beginning to doubt him achieving much more while he is here .

Undoubted talent , stagnated . At the same time, if he was to move on , I would be extremely surprised if he failed to realise expectations .