Sign in to follow this  
Thetford Yellow

Plug the Ruddy hole

It''s odd that we seem to be pursuing more attacking options this month. Goal scoring is not a problem - letting them in is. Only Sunderland have conceded more. Has it occurred to AN to chase a PL-ready keeper as I think at this stage in the season it is safe to conclude that neither Ruddy nor Rudd are up to the job.

I await the usual dim-witted feedback from the clappers

Earlier in the month there were several press reports about Norwich enquiring about Steve Mandanda.
So perhaps AN had considered addressing the position.  I guess we''re not the most attractive prospect, being relatively unknown and close to the wrong end of the PL.

There''s nothing much wrong with either keeper,the issue is with the defenders or lack of

[quote user="Herman "]Ironic title.[/quote]

I see you are approaching your 15,000th post to this site, Herman. I think that tells us everything we need to know about you!

Yes, I''m a lazy procrastinator and many other things. Now, what is your problem/problems?

Read all about it...Read all about it...........Thetford Yellow in negative post shocker.So now Declan Rudd is firmly in his sights to have a pop about.Unfeckinbelievable !

[quote user="Thetford Yellow"]I await the usual reasoned responses by those posters able to see two sides of an argument[/quote]Well, quite.I believe Mandanda is out of contract in the summer, and I believe him to be a better keeper than either Rudd or Ruddy. However, we would need to get Ruddy off the wage bill before we could bring Mandanda in. McNally will not let people go on the cheap – as we saw with BJ, Grabban and Hooper – so unless someone comes in with a decent offer for an out-of-form Ruddy, I can''t see anything happening on this front.

Rudd needs time, and a good run of games. If he''s given it, I have no doubt he''ll make a very good Premier League ''keeper.This attitude is exactly why it''s so hard for young players to break into the first team. This instant results requirement. Rudd has only just established himself in the first team. Has generally done very well. After waiting patiently for his chance, it would be pretty harsh to drop him after just a handful of games, particularly when - in my eyes - he''s done little wrong. It would be a bit of a hit to his confidence and morale.Stick with Rudd. He''ll keep us up, and be a better player for the experience.I''ve even heard some people describe him as a young David De Gea. [;)]