Sign in to follow this  
Bird Table

Aargh...D'Urso's back!

Referee Andy D''Urso has, like us, been relgated to the Championship. Why should we have to put up with cast-off refs? 

To be honest I thought the ref''s in the Premiership were just as bad, if not worse, than the ref''s in the first div.  They got more of the big decisions wrong IMO.  You''re right though- D''Urso is c**p!

Andy D''Urso is one of the best referees in the country. So the debate shouldn''t be about him, but "Are our referees good enough"

There are really two arguments: YES and NO

If you take the YES argument, then we should be pleased to see whichever official turns up at Carrow Road. Personally I happen to think our referees are the best around.

If you say NO, then why not? Have you ever refereed a game? Do you actually know the laws of the game?

My experience of referee criticism has been first hand - I have been an official at Carrow Road and Colney. Abuse has been heaped on me when I have clearly made the right decision (even after checking the video later).

If you can do better then come forward. Call Steve Clover at Norfolk FA on 01603 717177 and say you want to take up the whistle. He''ll make sure you are trained and if you are good enough you too could get to run on the hallowed turf without a steward chasing you and throwing you out!