Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

High scoring home games

Still can''t watch MOTD but yesterday''s disaster bought back some memories of other games. Remember the 4 - 4 with Drury equalising, the 3 - 5 with the scousers when Fash scored that goal. There was a 6 - 0 with Scunthorpe in League One and Ricardo will remember the 6 - 0 with Stoke ( Matthews in team ) way back when. Any more ?

I remember us beating Leicester 4-3 under Lambert a few years ago, and a 3-4 reverse against QPR back in the 90''s that were cracking games. Sadly I guess you count the 1-7 to Colchester as well.. hmph.

Apparently I heard yesterday that there have only been 3 5-4 scorelines in Prem history.. we''ve been on the wrong end of 2 of them.

Don''t forget there has been another 9 goal thriller in Premiership history ........... Man Utd 9 Scum 0. [:D]

I can recall a home game against Forest around late 80''s early 90''s ? As i remember Forest tore us to shreds and beat us 6-2 i think .

I was there Crabby It was at Highfield Road over Christmas. If John Ryan had scored with our last minute penalty it would have been 5-5.

Was of course the old first division and not the PL.

I was there too Cosmic. Was a windy day if I remember and has there ever been a more fruitful relationship than the one between Dixie and Steve Sherwood. I bet the ex Watford ''keeper still has nightmares...

December 1955 City 7 Southend 2.It was damn cold that day with snow cleared from a pitch covered in straw. A 2.15 kick off as well because we didn''t have floodlights in those days.I stood with my uncle and cousin on the railway sleepers, level with the penalty area in what is now the Jarrold Stand.Johnny Gavin got four that day.

Speaking of the Norwich 4 Southampton 4 game, who was there and remembers Rosie''s goal, which went on to become goal of the season? Absolute corker!!!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I was there Crabby It was at Highfield Road over Christmas. If John Ryan had scored with our last minute penalty it would have been 5-5.

Was of course the old first division and not the PL.[/quote]

Was this the game that John Bond let Coventry change their keeper just before kick off,Ricardo will know these things.

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Didnt we lose 5-4 to Coventry in the late 70s?[/quote]Sure did.It was Christmas time 1977. From 3-2 up at HT we lost 5-4 and John Ryan missed a last minute penalty.Glad I didn''t go to that one......there''s only so much heartache one can stand [:D]

[quote user="Spillay"]Apparently I heard yesterday that there have only been 3 5-4 scorelines in Prem history.. we''ve been on the wrong end of 2 of them.[/quote]I read that it was four 5-4 Premier League results, and yes, Southampton Norwich was the other one.

Yes, the other two (I did look these up!) were West Ham beating Bradford, at Upton Park, and Arsenal wining at Spurs.

Imagine winning a high scoring game at your nearest rivals, that must be awesome.

What''s that? Martin O''Neill is on the phone?

Yes, the other two (I did look these up!) were West Ham beating Bradford, at Upton Park, and Arsenal winning at Spurs.

Imagine winning a high scoring game at your nearest rivals, that must be awesome.

What''s that? Martin O''Neill is on the phone?