Sign in to follow this  

I''ve just put the wife''s housekeeping on that buddy. You''d better not be telling porkies otherwise you''d better have a decent spare room and some cooking skills...

...would this be the loan, or a permanent? - he''s a difficult one to judge on value, but a loan with view to permanent might not be too bad. Not sure how he''d fit our current line-up?

uncertain what to make of Bamford

players of that age can be good then turn to dross at the flip of a coin

He wants more game time than Palace gave him or that he''ll get at Chelsea. So why would he come to us (or we want him -- unless we are planning for the Championship next season)?

So that will leave us with 2 loan strikers, one who''s club won''t wanna sell permanently (Bamford) and one who would have to score quite a few goals between now and the end of the season for us to wanna sign permanently (M''Bokani).

3 strikers who are not wanted by the manager RVW, Lafferty and Hooper.

Just leaves us with Jerome, that department would need some serious overhaul in the summer.

He''s rubbish.

Just like that Harry Kane guy that we had here that many said was the worst player to put on a Norwich shirt.

Put the fact that he played for one of our main competitors aside last year and he will probably be no better or worse than the £12m gamble of Afobe.

Kane was useless while he was HERE .

I don''t get the fuss about Bamford , he never looked special on the 4/5 times I either saw him play or watched a televised game .

I don''t think he has the necessary presence yet to be a premier league leader of the line as it were , maybe like Kane he will become that in the future , I would prefer somebody who can do it now .

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Funny that, I can''t recall ANYONE saying anything, other than Kane was useless whilst he was here.[/quote]

Heres just 2 or 3 from threads such as recall Vaughan and that Kane

He''s obviously up against some stiff competition, and has time to redeem himself, but Harry is shaping up for a lofty position on City''s ''''Worst ever player'''' list. Ulf the Wolf is still me favourite

Harry Kane has had two very good chances to score one against west ham and one tonight and all we see is a side foot along the ground with no power behind it and as for Martin I didn''t think he looked interested all night In my opinion

ncfc1902 wrote:After watching tonight''s game against a very average/poor side I would expect Chris Martin or Harry Kane to try and impress the manager for a starting place Saturday, both I thought looked slow on the ball and had very weak/poor/lazy efforts at goal and they just failed to impress me

There was even one thread where he was accused of pretending to be injured ( broken bone lol ) so his performance would not look as bad.

Strikers often need to be right place right time. Troy Deeney could not even get into the Walsall side and had very little time left on a his first contract. Went to Kidderminster on loan started scoring goals. Walsal manager sacked Kidderminster manager made Walsal manager brought Troy back rest is history. Bet WBA supporters said who''s this Llukaka guy.

This is not saying Bamber is brilliant sign him but what it is saying as he did better last year than Afobe so how do you know wether or not he will be better than Afobe in the PL and if on loan no real gamble

People should have read my posts about Kane when he was here because I did say you could see he''s got something but needed a run of games.

Deeney is a terrible example, and he never played for Kidderminster. His problem was his attitude, nothing else.

fulltime would welcome Bamford

and yes he did well last year and is highly sought after but still a Gamble but if we stay up the risk lessens

and if we go down he is proven at champs level and would get us goals

I''d be pleased to have him here. He offers something we don''t have in the strikers department at the moment. A bit of pace and trickery and he''s a different finisher. We sometimes look one dimensional up front and he would give the manager options.

When we went to Wembley he was the one Boro player I was worried about. He didn''t turn up but that was because he wasn''t fit. Yes from me..

[quote user="GJP"]People should have read my posts about Kane when he was here because I did say you could see he''s got something but needed a run of games.[/quote]

Lol tell me about it! I was given all manner of abuse for suggesting he should be starting with Holt! I''m sure we all get done predictions right and others won''t though. I thought he looked every thing we needed apart from confident in that west ham game. Shame he never stuck that chance away and then got injured really! I honestly think bamford is about where Kane was when he left us allbeit not injured and a bit older.

Instead of Bamford, can we sign a cheaper version of Lukaku? I''m not sure Bamford, like Hooper, Lafferty and Grabban, would fit into our 1 up top system

How many goals has he scored for Chelsea in the Premiership out of how many starts?

Hang on. How many chances did over priced sale of Grabban need to score one? I''m sure he sandbagged his chances earlier in the season because of.

No worse than the one(s) we''ve lost or losing but believe far better can be caught with a wise net cast in the right waters.

Despite our dislike of Grabban

his price reflects the goals he has scored in the championship and makes him only just over market value

Kane was a raw kid when he was here and a strange signing by Hughton and I put it down to the Spurs connection.

Now I personally view him as England''s best all-round striker.

Bamford gets a thumbs down from me. He has had opportunities but then flops eg. play off final.

People are forgetting that Bamford was injured for the final, but played on through it, he was nowhere near 100%.

Also everyone seems to have very short term memories. Remember when Middlesbrough beat us 1-0 at Carrow Road? Bamford was a key figure in them tearing us apart in the first 20 minutes; before he was injured (which essentially ruined the rest of his season).