Sign in to follow this  
Feel The Force

Bradders or Martin...

And both thinking about breakfast by the look of them. Martin in particular is acting out the old '' to my feet, not two feet away'' routine.

Butterfield looked useless, Bradders had a quiet game by his standards but I thought Martin held it up well as a solo striker. Fluffed a good chance to score though. Jason Shackell hasn''t changed a bit either but his distribution from the back is a lot better than when he was with us!

Thought Derby were very poor, couldn''t string a couple of passes together most of the second half!

£6m for Johnson is now looking like one of the shrewdest pieces of transfer business out of Carrow Road.

Derby County fans are starting to question Johnson''s worth after a promising start. His goal contribution is clearly lacking, his passing often haphazard, and it would appear that many fans fans believe it''s only his price tag that is earning him a starting berth.

Shrewd business by AN following one exceptional season.

Agreed, we''ve essentially sold BJ and got Brady AND Jarvis for £2.5m. Really good business no matter how you look at it!

I think BJ would still have been playing an important part for us this season-I think he won POTS partly because of his never-say-die attitutude, which has been sadly lacking in a lot of players for a large part of this season.

What BJ lacked up in skill he made up for with endeavour, that much is true. Sadly I don''t think endeavour gets you far in the Premier league if you don''t have the quality to back it up.

If someone asked me if I wanted to swap BJ for Jarvis AND Brady for 2.5m when we have no outright left wingers in the squad - it''s an obvious yes from me.

Perhaps, we do lack a little leadership. But I believe Naismith certainly looked like a man capable of plugging that hole.

Yes AJ, BJ was never going to play the same role in the Premiership that he played in the Championship last season. And I agree that Naismith already looks like he could be a leader out on the pitch.

Johnson has hit a bad patch at Derby recently and it has corresponded with the team''s recent poor results.

It has crossed my mind (eg. v Liverpool last time out) that perhaps we were missing BJ''s influence, but from reading a Derby City forum it seems that he is beginning to disappoint there now.

"From a lion to a mouse in three months" was one comment.

£6m = very good business, especially as ''net spending'' is such an important factor in our dealings (here we go again.)