His contract is up at the end of the season - Phil Brown has said this loan is effectively a trial to see if they will offer him a contract in the summer.

He''s days at Norwich are over, for a second time, as the club released him once before only to resign him later the same month...

Reality is he probably isn''t good enough for the Prem or even the Championship yet so no real harm in letting him go. Good luck to the lad.

Good chance for him to get a contract elsewhere - can''t see him getting any chance here as he''s a long way off the first team and due to his age will need to count towards the 25 squad next year.

Good luck to him, he''s got plenty of potential but not enough to play regularly in the Prem any time soon.

Loza will likely sign permanent for Southend in summer, then bag 15 goals in half a season, Wolves will swoop for him  next January for 2 mill, he will score 15 in half a season at Wolves...Deja Vu  lol

I like Loza but sadly i think any young player is wasting his time at Norwich.

If a young player is good enough I have no doubt AN would give them a chance - it is what he built his reputation on in Scotland. Frankie McAvoy is also well known for bringing through youth players.

I suspect it is more the case that the young players at Norwich haven''t been quite good enough to make the grade rather than being unfairly denied a chance. If you look at what the Youth Cup winners have gone on to do in their respective loans, there is little to suggest they warrant a chance in the Premier League.

I''ve seen Loza play a lot, and he''s never struck me as a player I can see making the grade at Norwich. That''s not to say he hasn''t got bags of potential, because he has. His performance for the U21''s against Southampton shows he can finish very well. But he scored 7 goals in 9 games for the U21''s. He scored 5 of those in one game, meaning he failed to score in 6 other games.

The main problem is he was behind Morris in the pecking order anyway, and he seems the more likely to make a go of it for us in the future.

By any means I think the Murphy''s are the next real prospects, as well as Toffolo.

Agree with AJ on this. However we do need to give the Murphy twins and Toffolo the opportunity if they are to make it with us. Too often we leave it too late for the youngsters to progress with us.

They are all currently being given the chance to impress on loan - which none of them has fully taken advantage of so far. Jacob has been the most impressive getting player of the month in League One, but I do wonder if the voting for that was somewhat warped by Norwich fans who hadn''t seen him play a single game.

If they want a chance in the Prem, they have to be standout players in the lower leagues. If the Murphys or Toffolo had no connection to Norwich would you be happy if the club signed them this Jan and starting playing them? Almost certainly not.

Bit of a negative view there Bethnal! Toffolo certainly got plenty of pre-season involvement and may well have been involved had we not signed Brady. We''ve been unlucky with the cups which would have been a good chance to blood a few youngsters. I certainly think the Murphy''s are doing very well, with Jacob certainly catching the eye with some very good performances, assists and finishing.

The wider picture is they are simply not ready for regular first team football yet, and these loan deals not only give them a platform to showcase their talent but add the important aspect of experience and developing their all-round game.

I certainly think you''re harsh to judge the Murphy''s, yes they aren''t ready for regular first team football but many players that age aren''t either. I certainly think they''ll play for the first team at some point, but it might need another loan or two yet.

Toffolo again is very highly regarded at the club as a big prospect, and has performed well during his loan periods. He performed very well in pre-season too. I don''t think he''s a million miles away from some game-time.

Obviously the biggest problem for this group is our Premier League status. That''s always the key focus and not blooding youngsters. Going back to Korey Smith and Adeyemi - both have a lot of potential and have done well since leaving us - and had we not got promoted could well have played a bigger part. Until we''re a solid mid-table side on a regular basis we can''t afford to risk playing youngsters and that''s the sad truth.

[quote user="curious yellow"]International player, 5 goals in U21s v Southampton, but not good enough for first team?[/quote]

That''s right, you arnt seriously saying he could force his way even onto the match day squad?

The Murphys are 21 next month, still young I grant you, but coming to the end of their ''youth player'' career. This season has been good for them in the respect they are getting regular football, but if they realistically want a Premier League career, they need to be sticking out as good players in the leagues, which neither is doing right now.

Toffolo found it hard to establish himself at Rotherham and they turned down the chance to take him for the rest of the season. He''s had to step down a league to find a club.

The club will constantly say these are great young players, with great careers ahead of them, but they would never say otherwise. AN made it pretty clear last season that none of the youth team had impressed him enough to get game time - Josh wasn''t taken on the pre-season tour I seem to remember.

I''d love for these players to come good, but the realities of Premier League football is that if you aren''t showing your ability regularly at Championship level by 21 it may never happen for you.

[quote user="yoda"]I like Loza but sadly i think any young player is wasting his time at Norwich.[/quote]Especially a Norwich with Ed Balls as its Chairman.

[quote user="AJ"]Going back to Korey Smith and Adeyemi - both have a lot of potential and have done well since leaving us - and had we not got promoted could well have played a bigger part.[/quote]I would love to agree with you AJ, but Tom was an unused sub midweek v Brentford. If he can''t get into a struggling Leeds side what chance would he have here? And Korey plays for third from bottom Bristol City so neither of them setting the world on fire. I''m really pleased they are both making a living from football at Championship level but I really don''t think they would have ever become first team regulars at Norwich City, promoted or not. I would love them to prove me wrong.

i don''t really think you can make a judgement on if a player can play in the premiership unless he has been tried and played in it

my thinking behind this is he might not be suited to league one style of play the players he plays with will not be as good ,

now put him in a premiership side with better players he MIGHT perform rise to the challenge get better because he can deal with the bigger games ??

if AN sees him in training and he is ballooning chances here there and everywhere then fair enough IF it is he is to young we don''t want to risk it its a bad thing

i know that when AN got here last season he said and told the youth coaches he wants to concentrate on 1 ST team only to get us up and he will worry about the youth this season as he would have more time to sort out coaches etc which you can understand

i know a lot of youth coaches at Norwich and quite a few were only wroxham diss standard players is this the problem ??

i know hucks is now involved and so should other retired players they have been there and done it

norfolkngood,

How about Graham Murty, U18 coach. Premiership and International player, 446 games in total.

ray I think you know the ones I am talking about I will not list them

yes we have some ex pros but a lot of ex wroxham diss standard the younger players I know them and have been there so I do know a little about it

Appreciate what you''re saying norfolk but thought Murts deserved a mention.

Cheers

yes no worries like you correctly say they are now becoming better ex players inc hucks murts but for a long time this hasn''t been the case some not even good wroxham players dare I say ricky martin even was in charge of the whole set up and then even on our board couldn''t get in the wroxham side so how can he say sorry son but you haven''t got what it takes

wouldn''t you just love to say a bit like yourself then ricky

I assume you''re talking about Matthew Wright, Ali Colman, Greg Crane and Adrian Forbes.

What''s the problem with these guys?

Bethnal - very surprised to see you say that neither of the Murphy twins are standing out at Championship level.

The Coventry fans absolutely love Jacob. He''s already scored 9 goals and he was voted the PFA fans Championship player of the month in November and also the Skybet Championship player of the month.

You only have to look at the highlights of MK Dons'' games so far this season to see that one player stands out like a sore thumb in terms of scoring and creating their goals. He''s also their top scorer! No prizes for guessing who.

I really rate Jacob Thirsty, but he''s doing it at league One level at the moment. If he isn''t with us I hope he gets a champ club next.

Yeah - know he''s in League 1 Nutty. I meant Championship in the generic sense, i.e. the whole league.

As for making it in the Premier League - there''s a very interesting article with Ricky Martin on the club site. In it he points out that the average age for a player to establish himself in the Premier League is 24.

Proves how well Nathan Redmond is doing (in spite of his recent dip in form) and that there is still time for the Murphy''s and Toffolo, Morris, Louis Thompson etc.

Plenty of time for them. We shouldn''t write them off. We also shouldn''t be disparaging about the playerrs who don''t quite make it. Especially Championship standard like Korey and Tom Adeyemi. That''s a great level to be at and a real feather in the caps of the people who helped their developement. Even in a small way the PUPs on here[:)]

I think Cameron McGeehan probably left too soon but it seems like he wanted to be playing. There''s plenty of time for him too and I should imagine our club will benefit from any future fee.