Sign in to follow this  
Essjayess

Business Concluded?

Have City concluded transfer business for this window? Alex Neil''s latest words to the local press seem to indicate this, without actually definitely saying so. He talked of finances that City brought in that "allowed" (past tense) City to strengthen the squad, saying the proof would be from now till end season. Then he mentions hopefully they can go again in the Summer window to do more business.Of course always possible we may get a loan in, as a loan slot is free, maybe Bamford i suppose. But permanent signings? From Alex''s words i cant see it. All these  rumours about Santon, Diouf, etc are just that, and will remain so. Seem to me theres no outs either, unless Reading make a last minute swoop for Whitts.In a way no news on the last day may be better than the last summer window, when we had so many rumours about Gayle, and other stories, that in the end i felt deflated. Roll on tuesday  i say, and football action instead of transfer rumour nonsense.

Certainly seems that the club have given up on other targets . I find this a little deflating to be honest as I am not convinced that we have fully addressed the existing shortcomings .

I guess it is now down to the squad we have to apply themselves adequately to keep us in the premier league .

Fingers crossed on my part !

Otbc

Yes I saw that link to Paddy Davitt''s article on twitter and read it and surmised the same as you, though guess it depends when that interview was done as haven''t read anything about any press conferences this week ?

Wouldn''t be surprised to see a bit more business done. Lafferty to somewhere and exits for Whittaker and Andreu.

And then Blackburn look like bringing in a shed load for Rhodes and we know that Lambert likes signing players who were with him at Norwich. And if he wanted a highly experienced and model professional to add to his squad............a player he knows well..........a player who is still top drawer at Championship level, but who is struggling these days in the Premier League.....;)

I''m sure its not done. We''re low on strikers as well as quality defensive players and it would be too much of a shambles to just go with what we have now.

We''ve bought in the players this month that we should''ve done at the start of the season. Still need 2 players.

Really hope that this is untrue.

I thought that a Bamford deal was virtually certain.

If not then our strike force is far, far too thin.

[quote user="eddie1"]Old quote rehashed he recently said he wanted 2 more bits done so think we will see more action[/quote]It''s not an old quote. It is his most up-to-date comment, from yesterday, judging by the dateline on the story.

Had a quick look but can''t find anything about that? Just rumours he might be joining on a permanent deal with a buy-back clause

[quote user="Al Harrington"]Bamford isn''t here. It''s on Twitter that he''s in London today.[/quote]

Are you sure it''s not Loddon?

That photo indeed was not proof that it was or was not Bamford. All anyone can say is that it looks like Bamfords build, but no proof  at all it was him as cannot see his face. All we have is Phoebe herself saying she thinks its him. Im sure City themselves, or one of Archants guys will  clear things up  soon as its now made the nationals.

I can''t see anything in any interviews that I''ve read that leads me to conclude we''ve completed our business - people read too much into interviews sometimes in terms of tense/context. I''d be surprised if we didn''t make a/some late moves

AN''s media comments have been a bit smoke and mirrors of late - it was only a couple of weeks back he was saying he was happy with what he''s got, before we signed Naismith, Klose and Pinto. Buying Jarvis outright has created a loan space and if Bamford doesn''t fill that for one reason or another then I would expect a defender to come in on loan.I would be surprised if Lafferty is here after next week and Blackburn could make a cheeky move for Martin, either as permanent or loan.

I don''t think so. If we can somehow get in Jedinak and Diouf I''d be over the moon with this window and we''d have given ourselves a great chance to stay up. Those two are a step up from anyone else in those positions at the club and would improve us massively.

Can''t say I''m excited by any of the other links though unless the Bamford one is permanent. We need another big, rangey striker to replace Grabban, Diouf is a huge step up in quality and is proven at this level. Jedinak is a bit of an upgrade on Tettey and we could do with as many hard working, passionate players like him in the squad as possible.

If we don''t sign anyone else we''d have still had a decent January by our usual standards. One of those two would be great. If we somehow get them both I think the board would have done their job and made up for the summer and then some!

Would be concerned if we don''t bring in any more strikers, as we''ve shipped out two strikers with no replacements.

Injuries to Mbokani &/or Jerome and we''re in very big trouble!

Jedi?...is past it. Diouf?..i see no upgrade there on his form this season. Lafferty?...err...just who would take him?..only Leeds seemed interested in one point and Alex  put paid to him going there by demanding Laffs be a permanent. Can only see him  still being here on Tuesday.

Well we''ve got our 3rd choice striker to replace Grabban, and it''s an upgrade;

Bamford last season = 38 apps 17 goals

Grabban last season = 36 apps 12 goals

(wiki stats so might not be accurate)

Glad that this is a loan and isn''t the big last signing I hope we make in this window.

Welcome aboard pat