Sign in to follow this  
Feedthewolf

Grant Holt anyone?

Released by Wigan, now without a club. On a pay-as-you-play deal, could he snaffle the goals we need to survive?*goes to the pub with mischievous glint in eye*

Well he and his wife and kids have recently moved to Norwich. Which is strange as that''s why he moved to Wigan to be closer to his family up north.

[quote user="Oh Cameron Jeroooooooome"]Well he and his wife and kids have recently moved to Norwich. Which is strange as that''s why he moved to Wigan to be closer to his family up north.[/quote]

Thats weird she wouldnt move here I thought ?

Well I''m pretty sure they did. Think it was before Xmas that he tweeted something about it and one of his kids starting back at Langley school norwich.

As he''s moved/moving to the area it would be great to have him involved with the club in some capacity,  although with him living locally I wouldn''t be surprised if  Ipswich offered him a deal.....   We could do worse than get him involved with the coaching side of things and if there isn''t anything going at the club, there''s always Radio Norfolk where he could emulate his midweek Radio Cumbria programme, which was always an interesting listen.   

I agree, he was a talisman on the field and I''m fairly sure he would be good for morale off it.  Not sure what we could deploy him as but I am fairly sure the club could create a role if we felt it necessary; maybe he could jobshare with Gary Holt.  They could wear the same coaching top, which would save a few quid.
Failing that, there''s an STS Tyre Pros opposite the ground.
He would never play for the Binners though, I swear it.
There is an old story about the Malky Mackay factor.  I don''t know how true this is; anti-Worthy people will swear it, pro-Worthies won''t, but apparently when he was moved on after our promotion we lost a lot of dressing room harmony/solidarity/morale that he had provided.  I wonder if the same is true with Holt.

Maybe if he wants to do coaching he could get involved with the youngsters. Has no connection to AN so won''t be near the first team. Sadly age is against him now. Absolute hero for us though, just a shame it all came to an end with lambert like it did.

Wflgh!

Jordan Rhodes fee agreed between Middlesbrough and Blackburn. Therefore a vacancy for a striker at Blackburn.....whose manager **cough** i forget his name, but apparently likes to build teams from his former players.

If he doesn''t sign for Blackburn before the window closes I will be shocked

[quote user="Darth Bor"]I agree, he was a talisman on the field and I''m fairly sure he would be good for morale off it.  Not sure what we could deploy him as but I am fairly sure the club could create a role if we felt it necessary; maybe he could jobshare with Gary Holt.  They could wear the same coaching top, which would save a few quid.
Failing that, there''s an STS Tyre Pros opposite the ground.
He would never play for the Binners though, I swear it.
There is an old story about the Malky Mackay factor.  I don''t know how true this is; anti-Worthy people will swear it, pro-Worthies won''t, but apparently when he was moved on after our promotion we lost a lot of dressing room harmony/solidarity/morale that he had provided.  I wonder if the same is true with Holt.
[/quote]

Would he get into Gary Holt''s coaching top?

“All these people saying I''m Tory cos of tax I was Tory when i was tyre fitter. Labour''s 8 year polices have ruined this country. Enough said.”

Norwich City striker Grant Holt

defends his Conservative stance after receiving abuse for bemoaning

Labour''s election win in Norwich. Credit to the striker for having an

intellectual thought over Twitter - something by which many of his

fellow English footballers would be baffled.

And now we have Ed Balls on board [:$]

I''m pretty certain the NCFC legend will steer well clear.

lets not get filled with Misty eyed nostalgia.. Holt was a dwindling force when he left and in the years since is now, sadly, past it.Great player for us but it would be terrible to see him back now.let it go people.

Oh do lets get filled with misty eyed nostalgia.

thats part of the enjoyment of being a fan. Sometimes a big part.... If you don''t have a dream. ......

I think you gotta have a bit of romance in your football

[quote user="Shyster"]

“All these people saying I''m Tory cos of tax I was Tory when i was tyre fitter. Labour''s 8 year polices have ruined this country. Enough said.”

Norwich City striker Grant Holt

defends his Conservative stance after receiving abuse for bemoaning

Labour''s election win in Norwich. Credit to the striker for having an

intellectual thought over Twitter - something by which many of his

fellow English footballers would be baffled.

And now we have Ed Balls on board [:$]

I''m pretty certain the NCFC legend will steer well clear.

[/quote]

That''s two things I thought I''d never see in the same sentence - intellectual and Grant Holt.