Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzar

Mile Jedinak anyone?

Suggestions we''re interested. Could do worse as a replacement if Mulumbu were to leave. Strikes a good dead ball and is ostensibly a DM. Wasn''t overly impressed with his powder puff challenge before Dele Alli''s goal, but think he''s a decent, seasoned pro if the money was right.

"Jedi" is a Palace legend, but fans there acknowledge he is now past his best in relation to where they are as a club. Guess hes the type of player who indeed could do a great short term job here if Mulumbu moves. But at 31 cant see him being any use as longer term.

No thanks. Don''t really see him as an upgrade on anything we currently have. Seems quite limited as well. Would rather one of the other chaps they have in CM - McArthur or Ledley.

Norwich aren''t really in the position to sign first team players from Palace at the moment - a reflection of their rapid rise and Norwich''s steady progress.

I''d say Jedinak is a better player than Mulumbu and as good as Tettey, if not a bit better. He is a great defensive screen but also has a good rage in passing.

Defensive midfielders have a slightly longer life span than many other positions, especially if just being asked to hold the area in front of the defence, so his age isn''t a huge worry for me. I reckon he has at least a season or two left in him and would certainly provide the experience and leadership that many people have been calling out for.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Norwich aren''t really in the position to sign first team players from Palace at the moment - a reflection of their rapid rise and Norwich''s steady progress.

I''d say Jedinak is a better player than Mulumbu and as good as Tettey, if not a bit better. He is a great defensive screen but also has a good rage in passing.

Defensive midfielders have a slightly longer life span than many other positions, especially if just being asked to hold the area in front of the defence, so his age isn''t a huge worry for me. I reckon he has at least a season or two left in him and would certainly provide the experience and leadership that many people have been calling out for.[/quote]

So we can''t sign CP first teamers, but they''re Captain is easy pickings? I''d say it''s less to do with them being first team and more to do with how the club feel and how the player feels. And what the offer is. No player is really off limits. Shelvey is a good example of this.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Norwich aren''t really in the position to sign first team players from Palace at the moment - a reflection of their rapid rise and Norwich''s steady progress.

Defensive midfielders have a slightly longer life span than many other positions, especially if just being asked to hold the area in front of the defence, so his age isn''t a huge worry for me. I reckon he has at least a season or two left in him and would certainly provide the experience and leadership that many people have been calling out for.[/quote]I''d rather he puts his anger into kicking the ball than kicking his opponents like O''Neil... [:D]Quite agree, though, Bethnal – every time I''ve seen Jedinak play he seems to be the heartbeat of the side. Big, big presence, work-rate, tackling and distribution – if Mulumbu is leaving, this seems like a definite upgrade, as despite the positivity surrounding Mulumbu when he signed, for one reason or another it really hasn''t worked out for him here.

Pardew has told Jedinak he is not first choice any more and doesn''t particularly suit his system. That is why the rumours around him are circulating - also as he has 18 months left on his contract and no renewal is likely, Palace want to cash in while they can.

Are players like McCarthy and Ledley going to want to swap top half of the table, pretty much guaranteed Premier League football next season for a relegation scrap? No way.

Are Palace likely to sell first team regulars to another Premier League team for a price that Norwich could realistically afford? No way.

Shelvey is a completely different situation - he had completely fallen out with the club owners and manager and there was no way back from that. He basically downed tools and made it clear he wanted to leave. I still think Swansea are mad to sell him in January when it could have waited until the summer and it might come back to haunt them.

What price for a bit of leadership on the pitch? Many fans bemoan the fact Norwich appear devoid of one since Grant Holt left. Looking short-term at the next 14 games, Jedinak could prove to be an inspirational signing - and being Australian he''s already familiar with playing in yellow!

Along with Naismith, Jedinak seems to epitomise the ''hard work'' ethic AN demands...

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard "]What price for a bit of leadership on the pitch? Many fans bemoan the fact Norwich appear devoid of one since Grant Holt left. Looking short-term at the next 14 games, Jedinak could prove to be an inspirational signing - and being Australian he''s already familiar with playing in yellow!

Along with Naismith, Jedinak seems to epitomise the ''hard work'' ethic AN demands...[/quote]It''s Australia Gold. Not yellow! [;)]

To me he''s just what we need. Someone who will sit infront of the back 4, put out the fires and essentially kick anyone who goes near our goal. Not pretty but its needed, especially in our situation.

He''s picked up two yellow cards in three games over 91 minutes. My kind of footballer.

[quote user="Fuzzar"]He''s picked up two yellow cards in three games over 91 minutes. My kind of footballer.[/quote]

Sounds perfect to alternate with Tettey though! And sometimes that won''t even be through tactical choice!

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]A signing like him is needed much more than Bamford at the moment.[/quote]

I don''t think signing a League 2 quality player WHEN HE WAS IN HIS PRIME (which is well past now) is needed at ANY time.

[quote user="Stowcanary"] a quality defence midfielder would be welcome![/quote]

That''s why Jedinak wouldn''t be

In a dream world

IN - Jedinak, Bamford, Diouf, Green.

OUT - Whittaker, Martin, Mulumbu, Ruddy, Jerome, Lafferty, O''Neil.

If we had this squad theres no way in hell we''d go down!!

Green

Pinto Bassong Klose Olsson

Jedinak Howson

Jarvis Naysmith Brady

Mbokani

Rudd, Wisdom, Bennett, Tettey, Bamford, Diouf, Dorrans.

This is the ambition our board need to show + quick thinking to bin off those not cutting the (colemans) mustard).

Yeah, as much as I''m not that high on Redmond (and no I do''t actually dislike him, I dislike what people think he is or will be), bench at least.

[quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="Mr Jenkins"]A signing like him is needed much more than Bamford at the moment.[/quote]

I don''t think signing a League 2 quality player WHEN HE WAS IN HIS PRIME (which is well past now) is needed at ANY time.[/quote]
On reflection, and having read Jaemae2''s thoughts...
It''s a massive "yes" from me.

[quote user="Darth Bor"][quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="Mr Jenkins"]A signing like him is needed much more than Bamford at the moment.[/quote]

I don''t think signing a League 2 quality player WHEN HE WAS IN HIS PRIME (which is well past now) is needed at ANY time.[/quote]
[/quote]

When have I been wrong, champ. Give me a direct example

[quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="Darth Bor"][quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="Mr Jenkins"]A signing like him is needed much more than Bamford at the moment.[/quote]

[/quote]

When have I been wrong, champ. Give me a direct example[/quote]
Every time you think your opinion matters.

Or I''m just flattered you''re that interested in hearing me rant and rage at a level that would have been Hooper-esque (and BOY was I wrong there... Yep.)