Sign in to follow this  
Jack Barak

Should we have a thread to discuss the manager?

As a long term fan hoping for the early fulfilment of the potential of our prospective managerial God I thought Delia & Co might like to address him accordingly – no need to neil at this stage though.

SO - Could this be

The Boards Prayer for Tuesday.,

Our Alec you select each eleven.

Winning must be your game.

Then your kingdom will come if your will is done here as it was at Old Trafford.

Give us this day some goals ahead.

Do not forgive our missedpasses and take advantage of those who misspasses against us.

Lead us not into desperation and deliver us from championship evil.

For this could be your kingdom, your power and your glory for ever and ever,

OTBC

[quote user="stattosphere"]As a long term fan hoping for the early fulfilment of the potential of our prospective managerial God I thought Delia & Co might like to address him accordingly – no need to neil at this stage though.

SO - Could this be

The Boards Prayer for Tuesday.,

Our Alec you select each eleven.

Winning must be your game.

Then your kingdom will come if your will is done here as it was at Old Trafford.

Give us this day some goals ahead.

Do not forgive our missedpasses and take advantage of those who misspasses against us.

Lead us not into desperation and deliver us from championship evil.

For this could be your kingdom, your power and your glory for ever and ever,

OTBC[/quote]That''s a very good ''come back'' post.

Yes.

I always expected him to make mistakes, lack of experience and all that, but I never expected such a bizarre selection policy and such mad substitutions (eg, Tettey at Newcastle)

However, I think he''s a good ''un and even if he takes us down I would not want him sacked as I see him as a manager who would again give us a chance of a speedy return. He''s had to learn a lot in a short space of time.

He was also let down badly during the Summer window, by whom it is difficult to assess. Should he have identified weaknesses in defence and insisted upon improvements or was the overall non-event down to McNally and financial prudence.

When Lambert disagreed with McNally that proved to be the end of him, although by his own choice. Will AN grow into a position where he asserts himself more? Just guessing here though as he doesn''t come over as a shrinking violet, but McN is clearly king of all he surveys.

His transfer policy this present window has been spot on in my opinion. Especially landing Naismith, but I reserve judgement on Pinto. Klose could/should be one answer to the defensive shambles as well, whilst the attack is much improved since before the window. Bamford seems to want to be here and grasp the opportunity.

I would just like the Mulumbu situation resolved. It doesn''t look like the rumours of him leaving had any substance so we must hope we see the player at his best again. This is, imo, a vital factor in the battle ahead.