Sign in to follow this  
Herman

Good business?

Everyone happy with the deals we have done over this window? Who else would you realistically like to come in and what position do you feel still needs strengthening?The proof is in the pudding as that terrible old saying goes, but personally feel we have done really well. Bought well, spent a bit without being properly ripped off, and with players like Naismith we should hopefully push on and get out of the current mess.Would like to see a good DM. Anything else would be a bonus rather than a necessity.

What better place to find out how the new look City get on than at dispirited and despondent Villa next Saturday. I am really looking forward to it not forgetting of course taking part in Waveney''s pie survey.

If we don''t get a point, at the very least, at that sack of rubbish, then quite honestly we don''t deserve to be in this division.

[quote user="Herman "]If we don''t get a point, at the very least, at that sack of rubbish, then quite honestly we don''t deserve to be in this division.[/quote]Disagree.   Villa at some point will start playing without fear (if they haven''t already) because they are as good as down.   That will mean they start to get better results.  Imo we stand a better chance of getting at least a point on Tuesday than away at Villa, but should of course be looking at getting three points in both matches.  Win on Tuesday and that will give us the confidence to do the same against Villa.

Our most irreplaceable player remains Alex Tettey and there are few good options when he isn''t available.

Our biggest problem remains letting in goals and especially our lazy right side midfielders. We can solve the left with Brady in front of Olsson. It wouldn''t surprise me yet to see Redmond go in this window along with Lafferty, Whittaker and Hooper and I wouldn''t be sorry.

I still have an image in my mind of Naismith going down for that penalty and grabbing his hamstring. I hope he stays fit for his vocal direction of the side and becomes Captain in the process - although he''ll be vocal without an armband. I think Bamford is here as cover for Naismith.

But most of all I hope Klose turns out to be useful, especially with the ball at his feet and AN sorts out that defence which also means players other than the back four.

How I''d love to see us beat Spurs then win at Villa. We need something like that otherwise this is looking like a very good squad for the Championship. All of this activity should have happened months ago.

Fail to prepare - prepare to fail as the saying goes.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]What better place to find out how the new look City get on than at dispirited and despondent Villa next Saturday. I am really looking forward to it not forgetting of course taking part in Waveney''s pie survey.[/quote]
We first have the small matter of Spurs at home, which could be interesting actually as we seem to do alright against the bigger teams. BUT spurs are one of the form teams in the country.
Agreed Herman, I am also satisfied with the business, with anything else as a plus

Only time will tell but signs are encouraging. Our team only needs tweaking, not a full refurbishment. If Pinto, Klose, Bamford and Naismith can give us a 5% improvement it should be enough.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"] It wouldn''t surprise me yet to see Redmond go in this window along with Lafferty, Whittaker and Hooper and I wouldn''t be sorry.[/quote]
Hooper has already gone.

We still need an upgrade in the shape of a defensive midfielder. We''re far too reliant on tettey there and his distribution is questionable to say the least

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Herman "]If we don''t get a point, at the very least, at that sack of rubbish, then quite honestly we don''t deserve to be in this division.[/quote]Disagree.   Villa at some point will start playing without fear (if they haven''t already) because they are as good as down.   That will mean they start to get better results.  Imo we stand a better chance of getting at least a point on Tuesday than away at Villa, but should of course be looking at getting three points in both matches.  Win on Tuesday and that will give us the confidence to do the same against Villa.

[/quote]Knowing us, we will get a good result against Spurs and then hammered at Villa. Only judging on MOTD etc. but Villa are truly dreadful. Their defence makes ours look like World Cup winners. I suppose the pressure will be strong which could play to their favour, but it is a game we need and shoud win.

If we lose at Villa then we are going down and deserve to.

I don''t think Villa will be as easy as some think. They were poor against Man City, but had picked up a few points in the League before that and our record isn''t great there.

In answer to the OP, agree with you Herman - another DM would be nice or a kick up the harris for Mulumbu.

Jedinak from Palace would be ideal - get him in and together with our other new faces from this window I think we''ll have enought to stay up

Glad the club are addressing our problems on the pitch. It still irks me that this couldn''t be done last summer.Central midfield is my major concern having seen how fragile we are without Tettey and O''Neil. An extra body here would be sound business, in my opinion.Credit to the club for getting in someone of the calibre of Naismith, who

could be immense for us.  Bamford has unproven potential at this level.

Meanwhile, Pinto and Klose at least provide competition at the back, even

if we don''t yet know if they''ll improve us.Should also remember what good money we got for Grabban.

Yes it has been good business. Would like to see Whitts shipped to Reading, if only to make another space in the 25. Keep seeing guys say Lafferty to should  be shipped..but to whom??...no one wants him!..he will still be here on tuesday.Slightly have a different view on what LDC said about Villa, id normally agree but they have been in Prem a long time, they have no idea of the actual gulf between Prem and Champs, its changed on a massive scale since Villa were last  down there. I think the fear factor will stay with them until the final day of the season. They have been trying of late, but truth is theyre mainly picking up draws, which is just not enough for them. Could anyone say we fear the Champs like Villa?...no, we are used to relegation, our Board are experienced to cut the cloth accordingly, my opinion is the City team will go all out and do what they can, but still expect it wont be enough. Can see the bottom half of this years Prem ending with most teams having far more points collected than is usual in the Prem.But i dont mind, staying up or going down really is not that massive for a City fan as it will be for a Villa fan. This window has been good business imo, and sets up City for next season, wherever we may be, as well as the remainder of this season.

Palace and Leicester both failed to win at Villa in their last two home league games, and they kept a clean sheet at WBA. Why do people think it should be a straightforward three points on Saturday?

Their appearance on MOTD was fresh in my memory Gordon.[:D]Fair points and no, you''re right it won''t be straightforward, but it is these sorts of games that we need to get at least a point from if we seriously want to stay in this division.

Business in my opinion has been good. I just hope the business that has been done gets to play on the pitch. None of this favouritism rubbish!

Agree Herman, when we play anyone in and around us in the table we should be looking for three points at home and at least one away. There are a handful of fixtures we have left where you''d have to be realistic and say that anything we can get would be a bonus but there are plenty of games to collect points and Villa away is very much in that category.

I worry about the Villa game. To me it''s like the Newcastle game. Newcastle were awful and everyone had beaten them before playing us, and just about everyone has beaten them since. And they thumped 6 past us.

Villa are grinding out some results, but surely we have enough with the likes of Klose, Naysmith to grind out a solid win.

Just need AN to get them completely focused and take the game to them

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Herman "]If we don''t get a point, at the very least, at that sack of rubbish, then quite honestly we don''t deserve to be in this division.[/quote]Disagree.   Villa at some point will start playing without fear (if they haven''t already) because they are as good as down.   That will mean they start to get better results.  Imo we stand a better chance of getting at least a point on Tuesday than away at Villa, but should of course be looking at getting three points in both matches.  Win on Tuesday and that will give us the confidence to do the same against Villa.

[/quote]Agree and disagree with both of you.If we don''t get at least a point against Villa it won''t look too clever on our CV but Citeh fans thought that when they played there after Garde''s arrival. True they got a point in a 0-0 but they''re in the same League as us in name only.Can''t agree that we''ve a better chance of at least a point on Tuesday. Spurs have scored at least one goal in 15 consecutive away games and are challenging at the top of the table. They don''t need to get better results. We might score but they''re likely to be a bit too savvy for us in the end.If we do lose to Spurs then we will need a win at Villa if we''re to keep on track for our point-a-game target so the pressure will be on.