Sign in to follow this  
firststeps

Interesting re-tweet by Grant Holt

Saying Carlisle hoping to secure two loan signings before deadline day. I hope one of them is him, he''s always said that''s where he''d like to finish his career there.

Holty couldn''t be a loan signing as he''s been released by Wigan and is currently without a club. Would be nice for him to go and finish his career at Carlisle though!

Hope he gets a move there, we''ve seen what he can do for a club he cares about and has an affinity with the fans. His game has never been about pace, I saw Holt progress a lot at us to be honest, he was twice the player he was in our first Pl year compared to when we first bought him.

He was devastating in league 1 last time when he was still playing as a more traditional target man. Even if he''s declined to that level or maybe a little worse by now he can still be a great striker at that level. If Cuerton''s still scoring in the football league Holt can as well.

Mostly though i just can''t stomach the thought of him in a scum shirt. That fake picture from twitter made me gag!

Ha ha ha, what a brilliant response from Holty. My favourite ever pic of him was at Poorman Road when we won 5-1 and it''s just him simply laughing. Brilliant, the guy is a legend and In very dark days he bought hope and happiness to our club.

As for his family moving down here, I thought he moved them back up there!?!

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]A classic response from the horse. There''s no chance of him joining the scum as I doubt they have jock straps big enough![/quote]

That moment when you FINALLY get why they call him the horse! xD

I thought that was such a stupid nickname when Gunny joked about it, like a lame play on workhorse or something. I can''t believe it''s only just clicked