Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Dorrans to Middlesbrough??

...is rumoured on Sky Sports....

if we were offered what we paid for him , would we be prepared to sell?

In an area that I think we need strengthening not weakening, we''d have to be confident that Mulumbu can get into a position where he can contribute before we agreed to this.

unless we''ve got someone lined up?

No one close to the first team will be leaving today. Only Lafferty and possibly Whittaker are available for other clubs to sign.

Personally I''d bite off Boro''s hand if they offered something close to what Norwich paid for him but it is too late in the window for Norwich to get replacements in. Can see him leaving in the summer though.

I guess even though Alex said business is done (as much as he could possibly say without some last minute unexpedtedness) both fans, and media to such as this SSN rumour, will keep spurting out names, both for ins and outs.Far as i am concerned he said a week or so ago "one or two bits of business" may be done, and indeed weve had Bamford and possibly today young Ebu Adams. Thankfully just 11 more hours and its done officially, but i for one am expecting no more ins or outs.

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"]Unless the talks for Jedinak are advanced. Then it may make more sense.[/quote]

Jedinak won''t be leaving Palace unfortunately as they haven''t managed to bring anyone in to cover for him. Also Cabaye picked up an injury in their cup game so he is needed all the more there. Again he''s someone who will be moving in the summer.

''unexpedtedness'' - now that''s a word you don''t see very often these days.........helluva mouthful even with a ''c'' in it.....😕

Neil can say that business is done......but what he maybe can''t foresee is other clubs making bids for our players.....or more importantly ,bids we can''t turn down?

could we have foreseen that Derby would bid £6/7m for Johnson in the last hours of the August window?

Given how Norwich were offering Bradley Johnson around to clubs after signing Brady I think they were expecting/hoping for a bid.

Even that didn''t start on the last day of the window, few transfer can start this late and be completed in the same day, generally a 2 or 3 day operation. (Loans can happen much quicker though)

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"]Unless the talks for Jedinak are advanced. Then it may make more sense.[/quote]

Jedinak won''t be leaving Palace unfortunately as they haven''t managed to bring anyone in to cover for him. Also Cabaye picked up an injury in their cup game so he is needed all the more there. Again he''s someone who will be moving in the summer.[/quote](sad face)

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Given how Norwich were offering Bradley Johnson around to clubs after signing Brady [/quote]Not heard that twist on it before so any meat to put on the bones Bethnal ?

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Given how Norwich were offering Bradley Johnson around to clubs after signing Brady I think they were expecting/hoping for a bid.

Even that didn''t start on the last day of the window, few transfer can start this late and be completed in the same day, generally a 2 or 3 day operation. (Loans can happen much quicker though)[/quote]

It was what Bradley Johnson was offering around that made NCFC Sell.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Given how Norwich were offering Bradley Johnson around to clubs after signing Brady I think they were expecting/hoping for a bid.

Even that didn''t start on the last day of the window, few transfer can start this late and be completed in the same day, generally a 2 or 3 day operation. (Loans can happen much quicker though)[/quote]Stop making up rumours.

It just what I have been told.

Johnson didn''t fit into AN''s plans so the club let it be know to other teams that he was available for the right price. Norwich wouldn''t have sold him otherwise. It''s fairly common practice for clubs to let each other know who they would be willing to hear offers for.

It''s not some big conspiracy or anything, but it wasn''t a last minute surprise for Norwich or the player - although the deal was finalised on the deadline day.

I wouldn''t sell Dorrans. Good player and certainly useful if Howson or similar were to get injured.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]It just what I have been told.

Johnson didn''t fit into AN''s plans so the club let it be know to other teams that he was available for the right price. Norwich wouldn''t have sold him otherwise. It''s fairly common practice for clubs to let each other know who they would be willing to hear offers for.

It''s not some big conspiracy or anything, but it wasn''t a last minute surprise for Norwich or the player - although the deal was finalised on the deadline day.[/quote]My view on Johno''s departure was that he just wasn''t good enough for the Prem.Shame but the options we''ve got out wide now are far better I''d say.

"Undisclosed" [:D]Although if memory serves it was rumoured to be around £3.5m?

There has undoubtably been games/moments in matches this season that it would have been nice to have Johnson available but on the whole I agree that he just wasn''t good enough.

Considering the money paid we''ve now got Brady and Jarvis down the left, can''t imagine he''d like being 3rd choice!