Sign in to follow this  
Stowcanary

Mame Biram Diouf

Talksport believe we''re close to a deal for him. I''d definitely take him, a big guy who can play that lone striker role, and knows where the goal is. Not sure i trust the source though!

So we have him, Gayle, bamford, jedinak, that Leicester defender, the Danish mid and santon all joining before Monday!

Hope they all fit in okay!

Seems pretty clear that Gayle isn''t coming to Norwich. Not sure how the Diouf rumour sits with the Bamford one - guess it is one or the other.

Diouf would be a great addition for the run in and beyond. Can also play out wide, versatility is vital for AN I think.

Well I guess at least we''re being linked with these guys, pretty-much all of which are decent players. We just have to wait and see which, if any, come off.

Now AN''s realised we need to score six to win a game, he''s overloading us with strikers.

Still not quite over Liverpool.

Just as well we don''t have a game this weekend. Looks like the club will be busy until the end of Monday.

[quote user="Fuzzar"]Now AN''s realised we need to score six to win a game, he''s overloading us with strikers.

Still not quite over Liverpool.[/quote]

Only if you play Wes, Redmond, Naismith, and Dorrans together. Otherwise, nope, not at all, champ.

Diouf is a player way above our level, this will be great if it happens. It will be a FANTASTIC move. Not nec. what we need, but if we survive he''s our #1 next year and a REALLY really good one. I''d think Mbokani wouldn''t be back next year if Diouf comes (which is unfortunate, but Diouf is actually better).

[quote user="Fuzzar"]Now AN''s realised we need to score six to win a game, he''s overloading us with strikers.

And to think we all laughed Smudger out of town when he said we would need to score three goals to win a game!
Fair enough though, he is a twunt.

[quote user="jaemae2"]Diouf is a player way above our level, this will be great if it happens. It will be a FANTASTIC move. Not nec. what we need, but if we survive he''s our #1 next year and a REALLY really good one. I''d think Mbokani wouldn''t be back next year if Diouf comes (which is unfortunate, but Diouf is actually better).[/quote]

A Stoke City reserve striker is hardly "way above our level." He''s always looked decent when I''ve seen him play but let''s not do ourselves down.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="jaemae2"]Diouf is a player way above our level, this will be great if it happens. It will be a FANTASTIC move. Not nec. what we need, but if we survive he''s our #1 next year and a REALLY really good one. I''d think Mbokani wouldn''t be back next year if Diouf comes (which is unfortunate, but Diouf is actually better).[/quote]

A Stoke City reserve striker is hardly "way above our level." He''s always looked decent when I''ve seen him play but let''s not do ourselves down.[/quote]

He''s been injured and had a personal tragedy happen. Otherwise he wouldn''t be a reserve, fella.

[quote user="Darth Bor"][quote user="Fuzzar"]Now AN''s realised we need to score six to win a game, he''s overloading us with strikers.

And to think we all laughed Smudger out of town when he said we would need to score three goals to win a game!
[/quote]

Didn''t we score just the one to beat Southampton or did I dream that

[quote user="Darth Bor"][quote user="Fuzzar"]Now AN''s realised we need to score six to win a game, he''s overloading us with strikers.

[/quote]And once again Smudger was bang on the money.It''s like he & I are Siamese twins.Accept we aren''t.

[quote user="Shyster"]And once again Smudger was bang on the money. It''s like he & I are Siamese twins. Accept we aren''t.[/quote]You''re clutching at straws man. [:D]

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Darth Bor"][quote user="Fuzzar"]Now AN''s realised we need to score six to win a game, he''s overloading us with strikers.

[/quote]And once again Smudger was bang on the money.It''s like he & I are Siamese twins.Accept we aren''t.[/quote]

Bloody hell. Smudger''s changed his name again !

From the BBC "Gossip" column (my underline):
Stoke have called off a club record move for Porto''s French midfielder Giannelli Imbula, 23, and turned down a £10m offer from abroad for their 28-year-old Senegal striker Mame Diouf.(Sunday Telegraph)

I posted this days ago, recalling  we had gone in for Walters  in the Summer but Hughes had stuck solid regarding letting him go, so the Diouf news is no surprise really. We never stood a  chance of getting him.

[quote user="Essjayess"]I posted this days ago, recalling  we had gone in for Walters  in the Summer but Hughes had stuck solid regarding letting him go, so the Diouf news is no surprise really. We never stood a  chance of getting him.[/quote]

Would have to pay 12-15 mill, so probably right.

if not, we should probably be happy with Bamford. Strengthens our striker depth in more than adequate fashion. Granted Diouf would be more of a solid consistent starting threat, IMO Mbokani is good enough in that role.