Sign in to follow this  
AJ

Lamine Sane

Interesting, not necessarily from today, but as apparently in deep discussions with us about a potential move from Bordeaux but the move fell through due to his demands being too high (assuming that means wages). Does that mean we''re still in the market for a CB, or was it before we confirmed Klose?

I still don''t think we''ll sign anyone else today though

We do need to spend money on a another defensive player. I hope we do however AN has said it will be unlikely that anyone will join today.

It''s fine margins but if we don''t get another player it hasn''t been a successful window I''m afraid.

Interesting mrs. miggs, think i will reserve judgement on success or failure until weve seen Klose and Bamford in action, but as to actual ins and outs...well as ever we could  have wished 1 or 2 more had left, like Whitts and Lafferty, also maybe 1 or 2 more coming in, but reality is thats its a January window, so all in all i think its been a good one for City.

I think it''s been a success by any realistic measure: +2 defenders, shipped out two peripheral strikers effectively replacing both (if one on loan); one loan to permanent and two youngsters signed. Just how many defenders do people want us to sign and integrate into the side in one go?!

All of them!

I want 9 defenders, a goalie and a striker. We would never concede then!

Although I say this window hasn''t been a success, I would also say this has also been nowhere near a failure. It''s been a very decent window

After the awful summer window we knew what the club needed in this window and they did well to make up for lost time.

We got the right back in Pinto - check

We got the quality CB in with Klose - check

We got the CAM to compete with Hooly by signing Naismith - check

We upgraded Grabban (£7m!) with loaning in Bamford - another good move I think.

We also signed Jarvis permanently which is also a good option to have if we do go down.

Although we should''ve got the likes of Pinto and Klose done in the summer, they didn''t and we moved on. We''ve had a decent window but we''ve done the minimum of what most of us would''ve expected I think. We''ve seen how much we needed a RB and CB since we went up and we''ve finally addressed that which is good, but was to be expected.

Personally I expected another defensive player to come in as I think we have money to spend. Whether that be on a GK, another CB, LB or defensive mid I have to say I expected another player. With teams like Newcastle strengthening their teams it will certainly make for an interesting end to the season.

Having seen Naismith''s contribution v Liverpool I think he could make a real difference to the team playing up top with Mbokani (who I''ve said since day 1 is a quality striker). Klose will also be an improvement, just hope it will be enough.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Although I say this window hasn''t been a success, I would also say this has also been nowhere near a failure. It''s been a very decent window

After the awful summer window we knew what the club needed in this window and they did well to make up for lost time.

We got the right back in Pinto - check

We got the quality CB in with Klose - check

We got the CAM to compete with Hooly by signing Naismith - check

We upgraded Grabban (£7m!) with loaning in Bamford - another good move I think.

We also signed Jarvis permanently which is also a good option to have if we do go down.

Although we should''ve got the likes of Pinto and Klose done in the summer, they didn''t and we moved on. We''ve had a decent window but we''ve done the minimum of what most of us would''ve expected I think. We''ve seen how much we needed a RB and CB since we went up and we''ve finally addressed that which is good, but was to be expected.

Personally I expected another defensive player to come in as I think we have money to spend. Whether that be on a GK, another CB, LB or defensive mid I have to say I expected another player. With teams like Newcastle strengthening their teams it will certainly make for an interesting end to the season.

Having seen Naismith''s contribution v Liverpool I think he could make a real difference to the team playing up top with Mbokani (who I''ve said since day 1 is a quality striker). Klose will also be an improvement, just hope it will be enough.[/quote]

All of this. I''d call it a ''good'' window personally, considering I have very low expecations for Norwich in transfer windows. Another d-mid or something would have been great (as long as not Jedinak) but with the business done, asking quite a bit. As I''ve said before still will consider survival a miracle but they at least were actively looking to get better. Which is new as of lately.