Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Jordon Rhodes

"Middlesbrough’s move for Blackburn Rovers star Jordan Rhodes

is off after they decided not to pursue the deal for the prolific

striker.

Middlesbrough agreed a fee in the region of £9million with Blackburn for Rhodes on Friday and the player was given permission to hold talks with the Teesside outfit on Saturday.

However, after lengthy talks Middlesbrough have opted not to pursue with the deal and the move has now fallen through."

Where does that leave him now? Lambert said:........

“I had a chat with Jordan and he wanted to go. “It’s great scoring goals but if you’re not getting enough points and

you’re not getting near the play-offs or the top of the table then it

defeats the purpose. It’s chicken or the egg.

“We have to build a team here to get up the league. It can’t revolve

around one person. It’s got to revolve around an 18, 19, or 20-odd man

squad. We’ve got to get that balance right and that’s what we’ll try and

do in the summer.

“We have to have a plan here. This club has to have a plan to move

forward. There is a lot, a lot of work to get done. Sometimes you have

to go back to go forward and the Jordan thing, while people will be

disappointed, they have to understand why we have done it. This football

club will outweigh any individual. It always will. And we have to make

ourselves as strong as we can.

“Nobody can criticise Jordan Rhodes’ contribution to Blackburn Rovers.

He’s been a phenomenon. But that’s football. We have to get a better

team. That’s my concern, having a team that can compete to get out of

the league, and hopefully the money will help us in that aspect.”

Meanwhile.......

"Huddersfield Town are in line for a windfall after Blackburn Rovers agreed a fee with Middlesbrough for Jordan Rhodes."

[:O]

Must say I wondered why we aren''t in for him at that price. He''s been knocking them in for several seasons now and it seems much less of a gamble than somebody like Afobe. We could do a lot worse...

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]Must say I wondered why we aren''t in for him at that price.[/quote]The fact that a deal was agreed with Middlesbrough suggests that NO Premier League sides were in for him. Has to be a reason.....

As I read it the financial demands from the agent/player were excessive and something approaching £30+ million over the length of the contract with all sorts of bonuses insisted upon. A player who has no PL experience whatsoever.

In this instance it''s a well done Steve Gibson for not adhering to it. He saw the light just in time.

Player/agent greed is getting out of hand. Blame Sky, blame the Chelseas or whoever fits the bill, but it''s getting ridiculous.

£8m for Lewis Grabban, I ask you. ITFC lose £8m a year without buying any body and their wages bill exceeds their income and that''s for a squad of average performers.

Let''s hope McNally continues to watch every pound, or should I say every million pounds.

"Statement from Middlesbrough FC...

"The club can confirm that we have held talks with Blackburn

Rovers striker Jordan Rhodes over the weekend but have failed to agree

terms"

With the prospect of Premier League football next season it just seems like he''s a very greedy young man.

Seems strange Ipswich would be due money from the transfer. As it''s normally the previous club that gets the sell on not 2 previous clubs.

they only get a small % of any profit Huddersfield make on the player

so if huds get 10% of 3m 300k scum would get like 30k of that money

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]That and McCormack close to agreeing a new deal with Fulham, I can''t help wondering where their real motivation in life sits[/quote]Cameron Jerome [;)]

They were due a pittance, but big money for McCarthy in the transfer market.

Jordon Rhodes and Keane selling him is always coming upon TWTD. They constantly cry about it.

Their Rhodes is our Chris Martin, but I feel that CM is the better all-round player and would fayre better in the PL.

[quote user="Paul101"]they only get a small % of any profit Huddersfield make on the player

so if huds get 10% of 3m 300k scum would get like 30k of that money[/quote]That''s £30k the St John Ambulance still won''t get then..................[:(]

A few days back Boro fans did a poll on who they would prefer out of Bamford, Rhodes and McCormack. Bamford received twice as many votes as Rhodes.

I hope we don''t get Rhodes. So overrated

Priority should be bolstering up the defence with another LB and CB.

Clearly from the last home game we can score goals. So 2 players to go out (Whittaker and laffs) and a LB and CB and that''s good business for the whole transfer window

I''ve not seen enough to suggest any of our other options at right back are significantly better than Whittaker.

With this being confirmed that this is the 3rd Transfer Window he has wanted to leave, then he really needs to shift his backside somewhere, and his options have been limited

Can someone tell me how Boro can pay £9m for one player whilst in the Championship? They don''t even come close to parachute payments. It seems very unfair whilst Cardiff are having to sell one of their best players for £3m to meet the financial fair play quota.