Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

"No, that's it for us"

Walking near the ground with my Dad at around 4.30pm today. Saw David McNally walking towards the main entrance. I asked if we''re due to sign anyone else today, his reply: "No, that''s it for us".

shame, like slim I think we need a midfielder too (imo a def mid).

We''ve done a lot of business this window but it was making up for lost time a lot of it. Having said that, we hardly made any signings in the summer yet haven''t really been in the relegation zone so far this season. With the 5 new signings we''ve made, it can only improve what we''ve been doing surely?

Will be interesting to see what Swansea do as well today, they need some players or I think they''ll be going down.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]We need a central midfielder![/quote]
I think we have one or two of them on the books already.

norfolkbroadslim wrote the following post at 01/02/2016 5:46 PM:Would be great if you can, so I can have an early night with the missus and girlfriend.

------------------------

Threesome on deadline day!

Is she on loan for the night or on a permanent transfer?

[quote user="mrs miggins"]shame, like slim I think we need a midfielder too (imo a def mid).

We''ve done a lot of business this window but it was making up for lost time a lot of it. Having said that, we hardly made any signings in the summer yet haven''t really been in the relegation zone so far this season. With the 5 new signings we''ve made, it can only improve what we''ve been doing surely?

Will be interesting to see what Swansea do as well today, they need some players or I think they''ll be going down.[/quote]I agree, a defensive midfielder too, I just forgot to put that (I''ve got my mind on other things [;)]).  I''ve been mentioning a defensive midfielder for a while now.Right, now where did I put that olive oil?..........

Thing is we have quite a lot of cover in all roles now, I''m not sure what we''d need though I suppose can always improve. CM for me isn''t that pressing as we have Tetts, O''Neil, Howson, Mulumbu, Dorrans - IMO we mostly need Mulumbu to wake up and come good.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Would be great if you can, so I can have an early night with the missus and girlfriend.[/quote]Have you got Skype?  A live stream on here would be good. [{][{][}][<:o)]

Tettey - I really like Tettey, but he can''t pass for toffee

Mulumbu - doesn''t play

O''Neil - too old and shouldn''t be starting for a PL club on a regular basis.

Howson - Good box to box midfielder. Terrible start to the season but is now playing well again

Dorrans - is a good squad player but doesn''t have anything that he''s really good at; an all rounder.

quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="mrs miggins"]shame, like slim I think we need a midfielder too (imo a def mid).

Will be interesting to see what Swansea do as well today, they need some players or I think they''ll be going down.[/quote]I agree, a defensive midfielder too, I just forgot to put that (I''ve got my mind on other things [;)]).  I''ve been mentioning a defensive midfielder for a while now.Right, now where did I put that olive oil?..........[/quote

You''re having Tapas NBS?

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Thing is we have quite a lot of cover in all roles now, I''m not sure what we''d need though I suppose can always improve. CM for me isn''t that pressing as we have Tetts, O''Neil, Howson, Mulumbu, Dorrans - IMO we mostly need Mulumbu to wake up and come good.[/quote]Yes, but there''s such a thing as quality over quantity.

quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]Thing is we have quite a lot of cover in all roles now, I''m not sure what we''d need though I suppose can always improve. CM for me isn''t that pressing as we have Tetts, O''Neil, Howson, Mulumbu, Dorrans - IMO we mostly need Mulumbu to wake up and come good.[/quote]Yes, but there''s such a thing as quality over quantity.[/quote

Says the person who has a missus and a girlfriend

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Thing is we have quite a lot of cover in all roles now, I''m not sure what we''d need though I suppose can always improve. CM for me isn''t that pressing as we have Tetts, O''Neil, Howson, Mulumbu, Dorrans - IMO we mostly need Mulumbu to wake up and come good.[/quote]

Perhaps he hibernates during the football season

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]Lapps wife has got a girlfriend?[/quote]No, it was norfolkbroadslim. I was asking for a stream. [;)]

Not sure of a central midfielder available that would better us, Tettey is brilliant in that role and really if we can get Mulumbu up to speed we''d be relatively well covered with p Neil and Dorrans also able to play if needs be.

Good window.