Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Alex Neil's team vs Spurs.....

what do we think it will be after the Liverpool fallout?

not what your team will be.....what you think Neil himself will do??

i''ll take a stab at......

....................Rudd.............

Pinto....Klose....Bassong.....Olsson

..........Howson....Tettey.............

Redmond.....Naismith......Brady

.................MBokani...............

subs, Ruddy,Martin,Dorrans,Jarvis,Hoolahan,Jerome,Bamford

as much as he may favour Brady at left back, the defence vs Liverpool was so cataclysmically bad, following on from the Bournemouth debacle, I think he maybe forced to bring back Olsson, with Brady offering extra cover in front.

You''d have to assume that as it was Bennett who made way vs liverpool and not Bassong, that Bassong is still regarded as a first choice CB......hopefully Klose can come in and sure up the defence and ''hopefully'' bring Bassong up to standard alongside him.

.......suerly he wont pick Martin tomorrow........will he??

not sure if he will try and find a place for Hoolahan?....Naismith''s position in the No.10 role must be set in stone as that is where he can do most damage, can Hoolahan still be effective in the same team?

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]what do we think it will be after the Liverpool fallout?

subs, Ruddy,Martin,Dorrans,Jarvis,Hoolahan,Jerome,Bamford

as much as he may favour Brady at left back, the defence vs Liverpool was so cataclysmically bad, following on from the Bournemouth debacle, I think he maybe forced to bring back Olsson, with Brady offering extra cover in front.

You''d have to assume that as it was Bennett who made way vs liverpool and not Bassong, that Bassong is still regarded as a first choice CB......hopefully Klose can come in and sure up the defence and ''hopefully'' bring Bassong up to standard alongside him.

.......suerly he wont pick Martin tomorrow........will he??

not sure if he will try and find a place for Hoolahan?....Naismith''s position in the No.10 role must be set in stone as that is where he can do most damage, can Hoolahan still be effective in the same team?[/quote]

I hope this is the team, full backs need protection esp if Rose & Walker THFC full backs.

I also expect that Russ will start at RB, not sure AN will give Pinto that berth automatically quite yet and against Spurs will likely go for RM''s "experience"

Not sure we''ll see both Wes and Redmond, if O''Neill is back then I expect him top partner Tettey at the back. Howson at the back was a disaster against Liverpool not because Howson is a bad player but he is much better as an AM than a DM. If O''neill is still suspended then I expect Mulumbu in there.

So I expect:

Rudd

Martin Klose Bassong Olsson

Redmond, Tettey, O''Neill or Mulumbu, Brady

Naismith

Mbokani

Think the op probably has got it about right.

what do we think it will be after the Liverpool fallout?

Expect to see Bamford off the bench at some point.

I think O''Neil would have played alongside Tettey and Howson on the right for this particular game, but think the OP will be pretty close.

I agree with the OP that will probably be the team.If I were manager, I''d go with;....................Rudd.............

Pinto....Klose.....Bennett....Brady

Redmond.....Naismith......

Jarvis.................Mbokani...............

subs, Ruddy,Martin,Olsson,Bassong,Hoolahan,Jerome,Bamford

Almost nailed on Martin will be at RB. To be honest id imagine Alex could have a hard time picking  the actual 11 he wants, as a bug is going thru the club. Always possible the one that forced out Tettey last match could force 1 or 2 out  vs. Spurs.Expect Klose to make his debut next to Bassong, whom Alex has never dropped this season. Means Ryan B will  be on bench or even maybe left out again.

I am going to stick with predictive text as I agree with what''s already been said. Let''s see

Rudd

Martin moles basso get old son

How''s on getting on ail

Nail might Brady

Moaning

There you have it.

I''d like to see something a bit more like

--------------Rudd

Pinto--Bennett--Klose----Brady

---Tettey--Dorrans--O''Neil

-----Hoolahan-Naismith

------------Mbokani

but expect 4231 with Klose in and Howson, Naismith, Brady as the 3.

RuddyPinto Klose Bassong OlssonTettey HowsonRedmond Naismith HoolahanMbokaniStick Klose in for Martin and have Tettey back in front of the defence, and we should be a great deal more solid than against Newcastle. If O''Neil weren''t suspended (how that is still costing us!) I would have played him ahead of Howson, and then put Howson in Redmond''s place to offer Pinto a bit more support. Wouldn''t be surprised to see Martin in ahead of Pinto at RB, though.

surprised to see many putting Martin in at right back?...........not sure if thats the right way to handle a new signing in Pinto , by dropping him after his debut?

To me that would almost be as surprising a his start at centre back vs Liverpool, and as he had a torrid time at right back at Bournemouth ,it would be an odd step to take?

[quote user="bristolcanary"]The op wanted an AN chosen side though. We all have a view but what is AN''s take?[/quote]

I am the OP !.......and even trying to put myself in Neil''s shoes can''t see that he would drop one of his own signings after one game??

I really like wes and he''s been great this season but I hope we don''t continue with trying to find him a position out wide. The way I look at it is Naismith was brilliant behind Mbokani, and I think Brady needs to be left midfield. Feel a bit for olsson really he''s constant and much better than he gets credit for, seemed a little bit of a scapegoat when we were shocking at the back.imo we lack Brady''s crossing ability and general attacking play from wide when he''s left back, and it''s even harder to get forward with a lack of cover from Wes wide.

Pinto also looked great going forward but breaking down the goals at the mad Liverpool fixture he doesn''t seem to keen to get back and defend!

Rudd

Wisdom Klose Bassong Olsson

Tettey Howson

Redmond Naismith Brady

Mbokani

Ruddy Martin hoolahan bamford jerome dorrans ofoe

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]RuddyPinto Klose Bassong OlssonTettey HowsonRedmond Naismith HoolahanMbokaniStick Klose in for Martin and have Tettey back in front of the defence, and we should be a great deal more solid than against Newcastle. If O''Neil weren''t suspended (how that is still costing us!) I would have played him ahead of Howson, and then put Howson in Redmond''s place to offer Pinto a bit more support. Wouldn''t be surprised to see Martin in ahead of Pinto at RB, though.[/quote]Two glaring pieces of retardation there. Firstly I obviously meant Liverpool, not Newcastle. And secondly, I put Olsson in at LB with the intention of shoring up the left, but promptly forgot to put Brady at LM. So yeah, that... Wes on the bench.

surely we cant go picking and choosing which games to play players in who are on the brink of suspensions in our position at this stage of the season??

arguably we will need Tettey more tomorrow than we will at Villa?......we could cover any suspsension at Villa with a combination of O''Neill/Mulumbu?