Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

Ebou adams from Dartford sky sports

Norwich City manager Alex Neil is confident of getting a deal to bring Ebou Adams from Dartford done before tonight’s deadline but insists he is one for the future.

Neil went on to confirm the defender will not feature in his plans for the remainder of this season.

don''t know anything about him but I like the idea of trying to find gems lower leagues

[quote user="alartz"]Well excited about this signing........ I look forward to seeing him on loan to Lowestoft next season.[/quote]
I wouldn''t get yourself worked up, the club aren''t buying players to please so called fans who refer to our manager as a useless c*nt.

That photo i reproduced from Facebook has attracted several uncomplimentary comments concerning our academy set up and the signing of this young man. Should i really be surprised taking this forum as the norm ? [:(]

Part of the deal is we have to play them in a pre-season friendly in the summer.

Not heard anything regarding a fee yet though but would assume it is going to be relatively small

I''ll not be convinced about this signing until I see Tom Cavendish''s scouting report on him...

Apples 

[quote user="Thetford Yellow"]FFS![/quote]Am i assuming this is a typical negative post from you Thetford ?

we''ve got plenty teenagers that are in the same boat as him.

Main priority is to stay in the premier league.

So that means sort out our back 4. We need another CB and a LB not a kid from Dartford FC on deadline day.

Its like having bryan gunn again buying cody mcdonald

[quote user="alartz"]we''ve got plenty teenagers that are in the same boat as him.

So that means sort out our back 4. We need another CB and a LB not a kid from Dartford FC on deadline day.

Its like having bryan gunn again buying cody mcdonald[/quote]Look out people, epic blub alert!I WANT MORE! I WANT IT NOW! EVERYONE''S A USELESS C**T! WAAAAAAAAAAAH!

It does make me wonder why we are ploughing all this money into a category one academy and the kids we feel are good enough are being developed by non registered academy clubs and then brought in. Surely our money is better spent buying good kids in.

some player develop late some ( very rare ) get missed

nothing wrong signing this boy up if you look at his match reports he is a stand out player in that league is he good enough who knows

but we have signed him son if good enough we have saved a lot of money doing it this way

As others have said before I like the fact we are using our status to pick up young players like Ebou, Godfrey, Thompson & McGrandles. Its low risk as if they don''t turn out to be good enough then the financial outlay has been small, and as 93vintage has aluded to on other threads this is the kind of thing we need to be doing as we can''t compete financially with other Premiership clubs.

I dont think people relise that players are just assets to the club.so potentially we are signing someone for a fee and in 2-4 years we sell him on for profit. Lots of clubs do this and appears norwich are trying to do it also.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="alartz"]we''ve got plenty teenagers that are in the same boat as him.

Its like having bryan gunn again buying cody mcdonald[/quote]Look out people, epic blub alert!I WANT MORE! I WANT IT NOW! EVERYONE''S A USELESS C**T! WAAAAAAAAAAAH![/quote]

HAPPY CLAPPER ALERT!

[quote user="alartz"][quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="alartz"]we''ve got plenty teenagers that are in the same boat as him.

Its like having bryan gunn again buying cody mcdonald[/quote]Look out people, epic blub alert!I WANT MORE! I WANT IT NOW! EVERYONE''S A USELESS C**T! WAAAAAAAAAAAH![/quote]

HAPPY CLAPPER ALERT![/quote]Nah, just able to look at both sides of an argument rather than banging the same drum over and over and over again at an ever-increasing volume.Hey, let''s try to have a civilised conversation. I doubt it''ll work, but let''s give it a go.If we were to sign another CB and a LB today, we could be using a completely different back four to the one we''ve used in the first half of the season. Do you think that''s wise? Our defence has been porous this season for sure, but surely it would be wise to keep some level of familiarity and consistency?I was also a little bit surprised that we signed a non-league player (a defender, for the record) who is 20 years old already. Does this, alongside the signings of Jaiyesimi and Godfrey, mean that the players coming through our academy are not considered good enough? And why is this, if we''ve invested a lot of money in developing a Category 1 academy?Overall, are you happy with the amount of money we''ve spent in the window, and the players we have spent it on?Happy for anyone to offer their opinions here, just in case alartz isn''t interested in a proper conversation.

In case no one had noticed, this what professional football cubs do. They trade in players. Some come off, some dont.

Yes, we have a cat 1 academy that has been in existence a short time, and it may or may not produce lots of first team players,but i''m willing to bet that in 5 years time, it''ll be turning a profit, selling players that won''t make it with us , to other, smaller clubs for 30k here, 250k there.

Welcome to City Ebou Adams,.

That''s the optimistic outlook, Corky (may I call you that?). I think many of us get carried away looking at the ''Southampton model'', and wondering how to (or why we can''t) emulate it - I accept that we''re in the overwhelming majority by not producing a conveyor belt of talent that''s able to succeed at the highest level.It just strikes me as a little strange that we won the FA Youth Cup, which doesn''t happen by accident, yet none of those players have made any real impact by the age of 20. We just don''t seem to be a club that will ever stick a youngster on the bench if they''re making a real impact in the development squad. What is the purpose of signings like Adams? I wish him every success, for sure, but won''t he just be taking up a place in the development squad that could be used to develop our existing trainees, who have been at the club for many years? Just playing devil''s advocate here really, but it does seem a bit odd.

overall happy enough with the window considering what we are normally like in this window.

I know what you''re saying about needing consistency with the same back 4. But in our case our so called back 4 ain''t good enough, look at the amount of relegations between martin olsson bassong and bennett far too many.

So with klose and pinto coming in another LB and CB would be ideal and go straight in the back 4. If we go down with a new back 4 then at least we''ve tried.

Focus should have been on our defensive issue.

I''m sure signing non-league kids could have been left to someone like neil adams to do.

I hope some of these kids develop into first team players as a City fan I want us to have the best young players. As a english Football fan it''s nothing short of a disaster that most Premier league clubs pick up these young players stunt their development then cast them aside. These two lads i suspect would have been better off at a lower league club gaining first team experience and being fully immersed in the sucess or failure of that club, something a loan I don''t think teaches them. Still I really want our club to prove me wrong and start bringing these lads through, time will tell.

[quote user="alartz"]overall happy enough with the window considering what we are normally like in this window.

I know what you''re saying about needing consistency with the same back 4. But in our case our so called back 4 ain''t good enough, look at the amount of relegations between martin olsson bassong and bennett far too many.

So with klose and pinto coming in another LB and CB would be ideal and go straight in the back 4. If we go down with a new back 4 then at least we''ve tried.

I''m sure signing non-league kids could have been left to someone like neil adams to do.[/quote]You''ve got to be careful not to throw the baby out with the bath water, though. Just because someone has been relegated doesn''t mean they''re s**t - Curtis Davies, James Chester, Steven Caulker being just a few off the top of my head. It was clear we needed defensive reinforcements in the summer, and we didn''t get them - now we''re in a position where we can''t change too much without unsettling the whole team. If we''d have brought in just one player of Klose''s quality in August, we might be a few points better off now.I think in this window we''ve done decent business in bringing in Pinto and Klose, and Naismith will give us more attacking flair with a real ''run through brick walls'' mentality too. If there was one more thing we could do, I reckon another quality DM would have been useful - would imagine this will be the next priority (plus another LB) if we do stay up.Anyway, cheers for the sensible response, much better than slinging insults at each other. [Y]

In terms of the academy and its cat 1 status I''d suggest it will take a few more years before we start seeing tangible results. In any case a good academy shouldn''t stop the club signing what they consider to be decent young players if they are able to identify them.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="alartz"]overall happy enough with the window considering what we are normally like in this window.

I''m sure signing non-league kids could have been left to someone like neil adams to do.[/quote]You''ve got to be careful not to throw the baby out with the bath water, though. Just because someone has been relegated doesn''t mean they''re s**t - Curtis Davies, James Chester, Steven Caulker being just a few off the top of my head. It was clear we needed defensive reinforcements in the summer, and we didn''t get them - now we''re in a position where we can''t change too much without unsettling the whole team. If we''d have brought in just one player of Klose''s quality in August, we might be a few points better off now.I think in this window we''ve done decent business in bringing in Pinto and Klose, and Naismith will give us more attacking flair with a real ''run through brick walls'' mentality too. If there was one more thing we could do, I reckon another quality DM would have been useful - would imagine this will be the next priority (plus another LB) if we do stay up.Anyway, cheers for the sensible response, much better than slinging insults at each other. [Y][/quote]

Ah yes you mention Davies, Chester and Caulker good defenders yes but in sides that couldn''t score goals to keep them up that''s a different story altogether.

We don''t have problem scoring goals think we''ve scored the same amount of goals at this point as the time hughton was in charge for the whole season.

Just need to sort out that back 4 and we won''t have a problem

like others have said IF this boy can progress play some league games for us or championship side the you are looking at a player worth money

nothing like seeing a player coming from your youth side to play 1st team

[quote user="alartz"]Ah yes you mention Davies, Chester and Caulker good defenders yes but in sides that couldn''t score goals to keep them up that''s a different story altogether.

We don''t have problem scoring goals think we''ve scored the same amount of goals at this point as the time hughton was in charge for the whole season.

Just need to sort out that back 4 and we won''t have a problem[/quote]I think everyone agrees we needed to sort out the back four, it''s just a case of what is improving the back four and what is completely revamping it at the expense of continuity. I reckon Klose will improve Bennett and/or Bassong by bringing them up to his level, and Pinto will push Martin for the RB position. We also have Wisdom to cover RB or CB.I guess my only concern is if Olsson or Brady gets injured, we''re pretty much stuck with the other one as our only LB option. And if Olsson gets injured, that effectively means Brady won''t be playing in midfield, which weakens us again. Whichever way you look at it, failure to strengthen the defence in the summer was a big mistake, and if we do get relegated then that will certainly be a big contributing factor.