Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Alex Neil

"We got some finance in and that allowed us to do what we wanted and

bring in who we feel is going to contribute to the starting XI.”Does that mean TV money and player sales or have we borrowed money/had money invested from elsewhere?

I thought finance was an interesting choice of word. It implies to me external borrowing, but of course he could just mean the regular TV money, etc.

While we''re asking questions nobody has the answer to, does anyone know whether the new signings would have relegation clauses in their contracts? It did strike me as a little strange that players of the calibre of Klose and Naismith would agree to them, bearing in mind our league position.

And generally, did either of these things contribute to Bowkett''s departure or was that simply down to the punch up? Or am I not supposed to say that?

[quote user="lappinitup"]"We got some finance in and that allowed us to do what we wanted and

bring in who we feel is going to contribute to the starting XI.”Does that mean TV money and player sales or have we borrowed money/had money invested from elsewhere?[/quote]Found it down the back of Delia''s sofa.

This finance that AN refers to looks to me like a case of those that know know and those that do not don''t.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]This finance that AN refers to looks to me like a case of those that know know and those that do not don''t.[/quote]Inner Circle stuff[:-*]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="TIL 1010"]This finance that AN refers to looks to me like a case of those that know know and those that do not don''t.[/quote]Inner Circle stuff[:-*][/quote]Not so ricardo as i first heard it used by The Guild of Fag Packet Accountants ( GFPA). [:D]

[quote user="Fuzzar"]I thought finance was an interesting choice of word. It implies to me external borrowing, but of course he could just mean the regular TV money, etc.

While we''re asking questions nobody has the answer to, does anyone know whether the new signings would have relegation clauses in their contracts? It did strike me as a little strange that players of the calibre of Klose and Naismith would agree to them, bearing in mind our league position.

And generally, did either of these things contribute to Bowkett''s departure or was that simply down to the punch up? Or am I not supposed to say that?[/quote] There has been talk of the purse strings being "loosened" although whether that actually means doing away with relegation clauses or borrowing money I''m not sure. Either way, it would mean a departure from the old ''prudence with ambition'' mantra possibly putting the club at risk somewhere in the future. D&M would surprise me with such a change of direction after all these years.

Or perhaps a completely different deal has been done whereby they come on a lower wage with ''huge'' bonuses to keep us up ?

just putting it in the mix !

[quote user="Baywing"]Or perhaps a completely different deal has been done whereby they come on a lower wage with ''huge'' bonuses to keep us up ?

just putting it in the mix ![/quote]Quite possibly. I know McCarthy was given £1m bonus for keeping the scum in the Championship in his first season so no reason why a similar deal couldn''t work with players.

[quote user="lappinitup"] McCarthy was given £1m bonus for keeping the scum in the Championship in his first season [/quote]Blimey no wonder they have no money for players if they are still paying him that amount every season to keep them in the Championship. [:D]

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Reckon it might be Ed Balls encouraging the loosening of the purse strings to keep us up, he would put a strong case across in the boardroom for sure.[/quote]

Ed Balls up in having any hand in finances, lmfao, if he was party to bankruptcy on the grandest scale he could ruin ncfc in months.

I''m glad we''ve bought another striker. After all it was pretty obvious that after the L''pool game we were awful up front and terrific at the back. You never know with even more finance maybe we could sign Gayle. Then when we concede 5 we might have a chance of scoring 6 and getting a win........ Can we recall young Carlton, oh and Ricky, with Loza we''d have 8 strikers!!! And 3 CBs. Excuse the forced cynicism, but I''m not 100% sure we quite have the balance right. But one thing you can''t deny is that the last few months of this season are going to pretty damn entertaining!! I love this "finance".

Ball bag

"Ed Balls up in having any hand in finances, lmfao, if he was party to bankruptcy on the grandest scale he could ruin ncfc in months. "

And so it begins.

Thanks Ron. Glad someone has his eye on the ball! I guess I could have said "bought" the services of"" but too many sherries on a Saturday night have fuddled the brain.

Urm... Has anyone just thought that he means incoming from Grabban and Bennet? We obviously had budget from the summer and whatever we had already aside for January which would have been strategised in the summer, but then on top of that we had about an additional 8 million.

We were willing to pay 8.5 in the summer for just Naismith and we had other targets we missed out on. We signed Brady but sold Johnson... The outgoing must have balanced with the incoming.

I think we really did end up with more to spend in January then we had expected to use in the summer and that''s what Neil means by it.

The club have a good record of balancing the books. They have been lucky at times with some decisions but overall business wise good job.Wages are among lowest in this league. Good championship squad if we go down.

"Urm... Has anyone just thought that he means incoming from Grabban and Bennet?"

Plus Hooper (£4m?) and the £6m for Johnson.

I agree with you birchfest and think that this is what AN is mainly (mainly) referring to.

It''s back to the ''net spend'' disagreement again.

With a bit more (PC estimates +£9m) due to tv income and actually being in the Prem.

Our Board (McN) will never overstretch us financially imo, especially after the RVW disaster.

I personally see no change in the ''prudence with ambition'' policy. Others might and they could be right as our wage bill will likely now be our highest ever (inc. RVW.)

Of course no one on these forums has any idea exactly how much extra City will have spent in signing on fees and wages to come from this window. But the general consensus was DM had given Alex around 20 mill chest for the window. The overall net finances dont really matter to us the ordinary fan, because we all know DM will never allow the club to spend in a reckless way that could lead City to another catastrophe that happened in the L1 season. Thats why DM is here and a good job he is in my view.Credit to the club, they have given us a window that we were hoping for last summer, its now up to Alex and the players to deliver, the Board have done their job. Only concern for me is wether the Naismiths and Klose''s stick around even if we drop down. If they do, next season will be fun. If they keep us up, then we have another exciting summer window ahead.

The TV money comes in installments, plus we have sold a few players recently. Most likely we got a decent chunk of the TV money recently and with the sales were able to draw up a decent transfer budget.

If we received any outside investment I''m sure the board would be shouting it from the rooftops as I think they''re keen to eradicate the complex a lot of our fans (probably justifiably)

have about feeling our club is extremely unattractive to investors/players/managers etc. I think the board have noticed this drop in morale after the last few windows are are trying to change it.

Like with McNally''s random comment about how great Norwich the city is when talking about potential incomings

The unofficial PinkUn (TWTD) has picked up on our spending.

Apparently it is £20.8m and makes us the second highest English spenders after Newcastle, and the 5th. Worldwide, after some Chinese sides, probably meaning this window (do they have a window in China?)

What they fail to mention is the monies we have got in from sales which I estimate (excluding Johnson) at about £12m, (although I am prepared to be corrected on that.)

[quote user="Capt Bassong"]Naismith refused to sign a contract with a relegation clause, as I stated on here some weeks ago. An improved deal was put together ie relegation clause taken out so Naismith signed!!![/quote]This would mean a complete u-turn with the clubs previous policy. Considering our current league position and previous experiences, it would appear a very risky path to take as we''ve seen with other clubs. Also, if it was true and common knowledge, what sort of effect do you think it would have in the dressing room where his team-mates were all bound by this clause. I really can''t see McNally making an exception for one player.McNally said this just 18 months ago........

“Every player has a relegation clause in their contract, which means

there will be a relegation impact on their salary, with no exceptions. http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/20140512-david-mcnally-seven-topics-1546177.aspx

Regarding ''outside investment'' I personally don''t think our majority shareholding duo, ever were, or currently are, actively seeking ''outside investment''.....Hence the appointment of once a Director and now Club Ambassador, Mr Fry. Then recently Ed as Chairman, coupled with their nephew Tom appointed as a Director? Tom is to be supposedly shoe-horned in - as the future head at the club which baffles and concerns me. I don''t think he has the required financial nous, has very little experience in serious business - and won''t bring anything immediately to the table (but I suppose he can raise his hand at the boardroom when required).....Anyone know how successful his photography business, actually is?

Anyway, I just hope our transfer dealings haven''t come too late into the season - as they are decent additions to the squad. Now it''s all down to Alex and Co to forget our last 4 defeats and generate a squad to retain our Premiership status......Here''s hoping!

[quote user="Mello Yello"] Tom is to be supposedly shoe-horned in - as the future head at the club which baffles and concerns me. I don''t think he has the required financial nous, has very little experience in serious business.[/quote]I take it Mello that you are not a member of the having a fan on the Board brigade ?